It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubble gum boy says he always chews Hubba Bubba after court stoush

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

www.heraldsun.com.au...

UPDATE 1.25pm: MELBOURNE'S infamous bubble gum boy has revealed he is addicted to Hubba Bubba after his sticky court appearance.

Mirza Zukanovic, sentenced to 30 days' jail for blowing a bubble in a Moorabbin court yesterday, told heraldsun.com.au he chews gum every day in his duties as an apprentice painter.

He said he attended the Moorabbin Magistrates' Court with a gobful of his favourite Hubba Bubba bubble gum and meant no disrespect to magistrate Rodney Crisp.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fixed title

[edit on 18/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yep... sentenced to 30 days in jail for blowing a bubble at the Judge.

Again, the law fails. Common sense fails. That Judge failed.

What does the friggin' Judge expect is going to happen to him? Studying for a law degree to decide the fate of people's lives does not mean that he should be granted respect. Screw him.

The law is corrupt. Justice is corrupt.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ahhh, damn. I mixed up the heading and the link.

Sorry, Mods.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Ahhh, damn. I mixed up the heading and the link.

Sorry, Mods.

You messed up the whole ATS lol, the right side of the page is huge now ..

Back on topic I agree with you, I hate judges, not all, but most.

People with power become arrogant, I have seen people go to prison for failing to do community service, the judges don't even take in to consideration the reasoning behind their previous sentence of community service.

That means many people are being sent to prison for traffic offences.

The judges have become to arrogant and almighty that it has become a tradition.

They need to realize that if they abuse their position they should be put to prison to taste their own medicine.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well firstly he went in for assault.

Secondly did you see the guy?

Thirdly, you have respect in court.

All I can say is... owned.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Well firstly he went in for assault.

Have you heard of innocent until proven guilty?

Secondly did you see the guy?

There's a picture of him in the article that I linked. So you think that Justice should apply to people based on their looks?

You do realise that some Judges wear fake wigs - right? They should be arrested for trying to disguise their identity. Are they that afraid of owning up to their poor rulings?

Thirdly, you have respect in court.

No, you don't. Respect is earned. Why should you have to show respect to someone who doesn't know you, yet is going to pass judgement on you?

Other than studying at University, what fundamental right does that person have to dictate how the rest of your life will pan out?

I've got nothing but contempt for almost all aspects of the legal/justice system. It's a sham.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is not a justice fail.

I've never been in a courtroom that did not have a prohibition against gum chewing for a number of valid reasons, including respect for the court. In any case, the courtroom is the domain of the judge and what he demands in terms of decorum stand.

What's worse is blowing a bubble at the judge, which is likely to yield a contempt of court in any country in the world with a legal system.

In a court of law, you had better show some respect for the law, the legal tradition and the judge or you're likely to do some time.

The real heart of the matter.

But Zukanovic, who is appealing the severity of the sentence, conceded he had disrespected the court and the magistrate by his actions.

Mr Crisp charged Zukanovic, 20, with contempt and jailed him for 30 days.

A charge sheet shows Zukanovic, who was appearing on an assault-related matter, earned Mr Crisp's wrath after he deliberately blew and popped a bubble of gum while looking at the magistrate. [emphasis mine]

www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is not a justice fail.

Ok, it's not justice fail.

It's absolute common sense fail.

It shows how out of touch the law is. It shows how screwed up the system is, when one person can be ordered to jail for blowing a bubble.

Spin it any way you like, Grady, but that's the crux of the matter.

The scary thing is when people post in support of the Judge's decision, like that's the way life is meant to be lived.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
WOW.........
Just saw this on the South Australian news, as did my 13 y.o. who was, I think, more astounded than myself!

What is becoming of the law in this country??

Yesterday we heard about a new on-the-spot fine for people who swear in public in QLD. Really, as far as I am concerned, if it's in the dictionary it's fair game.

I guess it's not just Oz, Seattle had the copper who punched that 17 y.o. girl in the face and that debacle all started due to jaywalking!?
Needless to say, my 17y.o. daughter was horrified when she saw that.

Maybe they'll ban bubblegum in public now..............geez.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Why do so many people on here put the rights of individuals before those who have to put up with their crap? Respect is not earned it is freely and automatically given until another person demonstrates that they are not worthy of it; would you describe yourself as disrespectful towards people you don’t know?

Too many people think they have the right to just do as they please and that no one can tell them otherwise. That needs to change.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Too many people think they have the right to just do as they please and that no one can tell them otherwise. That needs to change.

Exactly.

The Judge has no right to sentence someone to jail for blowing a bubble at him.

The Judge should be forced to apologise for trying to strip away Zukanvoc's liberty, all because he blew a bubble.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yes he does, it's contempt of court, the defendant has a right to appeal, he did and he won, in the process learning that chewing gum and blowing bubbles while someone is trying to address you is disrespectful. The system works.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

learning that chewing gum and blowing bubbles while someone is trying to address you is disrespectful.

Yes, it is disrespectful. So what? Most people know that from Kindergarten onwards.

Some people have no manners. Learn to deal with it.

Does it mean that a person should be sentenced to jail for having a lack of manners?

The system works.

The system is an utter failure.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So what? What kind of attitude is that?

So I’m sick of six year olds giving people the eye and swearing at strangers because their parents think “so what, deal with it”, so I’m sick of people blowing smoke in everyone else’s face because they think “so what, deal with it”, so I’m sick of people disregarding other people, being generally rude and disrespectful all because no one has taken them aside and told them that they’re being an arse.

If it takes a court to do that then so be it; there are established rules and norms of behaviour in court, breaking them has consequences.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Why do so many people on here put the rights of individuals before those who have to put up with their crap?

Because the individuals rights are more important than some whiny little judges ego!! "I'm a better slave than you are"..... bite me.

I’m sick of people disregarding other people, being generally rude and disrespectful all because no one has taken them aside and told them that they’re being an arse.

Seeing as you bring it up, consider yourself taken aside. Who cares if you're upset by an angry six year old?

[edit on 18/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So what? What kind of attitude is that?

It's a bad attitude. People have bad attitudes and they are allowed to display them. Do people deserve to be sentenced to jail for having a bad attitude?

there are established rules and norms of behaviour in court, breaking them has consequences.

Rules established by who? By the ruling elite who know that a majority of people ending up in court are probably underclass and likely to be less cultured?

If Justice is supposed to be the ultimate outcome, then why is its course affected when a person blows a chewing-gum bubble?

I don't know how some Judges sleep safe in their beds at night, when some of them make ridiculous decisions like this one.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Well I'm a law abiding citizen but I didn't know
being disrespectful was against the law....

This was justice gone mad!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thugs and people who would do harm to others should rot in jail.

Thats what is wrong with the world, and the magistrate has probably had a gutful.

This guy obviously knew he was getting off light and the gum was a silent 'up yours'.

I don't really care if you disagree with me. I'm sick of thugs like this guy running around like they own town, bashing people, dealing drugs etc and getting away with it.

A month isn't enough.

It wasn't exactly like he was just walking down the road and blew a bubble at someone. He was in a court of law.

I've seen my fair share of the grubby Melbourne underground... with tattoos on his neck and a haircut like that there is absolutely no way this is the only incident this guy has been involved in. I know you're going to disagree, but I'm sick of being PC and all that. You would not believe some of the # that goes on around here.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by seenitall]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

This isn’t about ego it’s about keeping to the set standards that have been developed over hundreds of years (tezza) in order to ensure orderly proceedings. And being respectful is not being a slave, it is just being respectful.

Who cares if you're upset by an angry six year old?

I do when that six year old grows up to be a 19 year old thug with no regard for anyone but himself, who gets drunk in the street attacking anyone that looks at him a bit funny all because people took the position that they should be allowed to do whatever the hell they like “coz its der rite like innit”.

It’s a growing problem with emphasis in society being on individual rights with no regard for responsibility. My point is not about this court case, it is about the attitude in general.

reply to post by tezzajw

By the ruling elite who know that a majority of people ending up in court are probably underclass and likely to be less cultured?

That’s a bit snobbish isn’t it? The underclass?

And what exactly does “less cultured” mean and why does it give someone licence to be disrespectful.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It wasn't exactly like he was just walking down the road and blew a bubble at someone. He was in a court of law.

So what? He blew a bubble. That's all he did. Should he serve a year in jail if he blew a bubble at the Queen's dinner table?

Make no mistake, ATS, the world is a seriously screwed up place.

People have shown that they will put you in jail for 30 days because you blew a chewing-gum bubble at them. Worse still, they think it is a correct, justifiable and acceptable thing to do. Worse still, they live in countries that are supposed to be civilised and bastions of the 'free world'. Yeah, right - not!!!

They 'lawfully' shelve their common sense and embrace ignorance, to the detriment of all humanity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join