It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the DD Forum have stricter moderation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I know, I know, "complaining about DD threads while making a DD thread of my own", yes, it's ironic. I'm not even sure I should make this thread here, but I don't think this belongs in BTS since there's a valid point to be made. If there's another thread like this already, please link me to it, since I couldn't find it when I searched for it.

I've noticed that on this forum, there is a higher concentration of exclamation marks, question marks, capitalized words, and sensationalistic headlines (*HOT VIDEO*, **WARNING: YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!*, etc.) than on any other forum on this site. Also, there are tons of posts that circumvent the censors, incite others (which brings about arguing for page after page of irrelevant nonsense that doesn't even have to do with the original thread title), and have nothing but a one-liner (wow get over yourselves americans xD, Good thread OP s+f!, etc.)/"one-picture" (picture of an oiled bird, picture of a man beating a dead horse, etc., with nothing else in the post other than the picture). The old rule of thumb, "Don't like it? Ignore it.", doesn't work when this is the only forum to discuss this issue and for every one good thread, there's three others that make you want to cringe.

Am I just over-exaggerating this, and it's not really that bad? I've only been here for a little over three years now, so I actually remember activity being faster during the elections, but I don't remember a time when an ATS board looked so much like a tabloid.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No replies? So I'm alone in this opinion?

Meh, it hasn't been the first time.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whenever a big event happens there are always waves of posts.
It will calm down, and the threads that are left will be the relevant ones.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I'm not complaining about the wave of posts, per se, but I wish there was a limit on the amount of capitalized words and in-a-row exclamation marks on a thread title. When I go down the page and see something like (just an example):

BP Oil Spill has reached a new high 07:00 (2 replies, 0 flags)
Guess what guys: IT HAS REACHED A NEW HIGH!!!!! **CAUTION: LIFE-SHATTERING NEWS** 07:04 (117 replies, 83 flags)

It makes me want to vomit.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Perhaps you can take some anti regurgitant?

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Your right there is definitely an element of that.
They are a lot like newspaper headlines, bold type in your face, trying to get your attention.
The newspapers called redtops here in England are exactly like that.
An attention getting one-liner in huge type.
I guess it's unavoidable when you have so many posters making threads on one specific subject.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Please direct your concern to the ATS Issue thread.

If you see something that needs moderating, use the alert button and staff will look into it. Otherwise feel free to use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Closed.

[edit on June 18th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join