It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says Ariz. to be sued over immigration law, but Justice Dept. won

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Sigh. You people haven't read and compared the Arizona Bill have you? This is akin to Eric Holder saying that, and he is the Attorney General, for gods sake. The bill is nothing new, it is actually a State Enforcement of an existing Federal law. How can a government sue to remove one it's own laws as un-Constitutional? Hillary is full of it, and did you notice the interview was on Ecuadorian television? She would never say that on American TV, and will back pedal on this too, watch and see. There will be no lawsuit, that is nothing but propaganda to appease the Mexicans.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why would a so called "American" Goverment, such as Obama would want the illegal mexicans to illegally enter into the U.S?

It could be a conspiracy... OR...

It could be the situation of Obama needs the money to pay for other things.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I agree with the federal government suing Arizona as I feel this law is rooted in racism and racial profiling.

I must've missed this in school but since when has being "Mexican" become a race?

BTW, when KKK leaders were being rounded by the FBI in the 1960's, why did the FBI look at only "white men?" Racial profiling, eh?

Todays society is nothing more than a bunch of cry babies and whiners that's offended by everything that pops up under the sun.

I'm really offended by todays society so where are my rights?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In a word, VOTES. For the life of me I cannot think of any other reason, other than to force a war on American homeland, which it will eventually do. Obama has no plan of his own, he is doing what he is told to do by professional politicians and lobbyists. Has anyone of us seen the famous "transparency" promised by Obama? Did Obama do anything at all about the Patriot Act? Did he do one thing to stop the illegal border crossings? He is a one term president, and I hope we get a real person in there next time, and not another damn lawyer!
How about it, Jessie Ventura, Ron Paul, Bobby Jindal, Dennis Kucinich?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just found this and it's of interest IMO.Clinton comment on immigration law riles Ariz. gov

Justice spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler on Thursday declined to say whether the department would sue and that "the department continues to review the law."

The department has been looking at the law for weeks for possible civil rights violations, with an eye toward a possible court challenge.

Now, I know I'm not the smartest person on the planet and will never claim to be but doesn't it sound strange that if the Justice Department's been looking at this law for weeks to find law violations when it only takes an individual a mere minutes of Googling the Constitution that there may not be any violations?

Brewer, a Republican, said in a statement that "this is no way to treat the people of Arizona."

"To learn of this lawsuit through an Ecuadorean interview with the secretary of state is just outrageous," she said. "If our own government intends to sue our state to prevent illegal immigration enforcement, the least it can do is inform us before it informs the citizens of another nation."

Hillary Clinton and Obama are nothing more than troublemakers that continuously stirs the pot to cause more civil unrest so that there agendas can become commonplace in American society.

The sad thing about all this is that "the squeaky wheel gets oiled" may come true. We can all hope that these "squeaky wheels" remain "dry" and eventually fall off.

[edit on 18/6/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

see it on paper is one thing, but in a real situation you would have to ask every mexican living in arizona for papers even if they are legal. If I get sick of every cop saying where is your papers I sure as hell would be pissed. Then I would retaliate and make a shirt stating, "I have shown my legal papers. why hasn't Obama shown his?"

Why exactly would they have to ask every single Mexican for papers ?

If I violate a traffic law and am pulled over by the police the first thing they ask me for is my ID, so does that mean that I get to scream racial profiling too ?

Hey I'm all for those shirts, I want to see his papers

But you better believe that even though he now fully supports illegals, the minute they start wearing shirts like that he'll be calling for their deportation too.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It is indeed a new state law.

Yes, I said that. It is a new STATE law, which is exactly the same as the OLD Federal law which is still in place.

The author of this law.

There are some things about state Sen. Russell Pearce, the author of Arizona's new police-state immigration law, that Greta Van Susteren and all the other Fox anchors who've had him on this past week aren't telling you.

Indeed, they let him just come on and spew misleading nonsense, as he did last night on On the Record, telling Van Susteren that the law only "takes the handcuffs off" for law enforcement officers and "allows" them to arrest suspected illegal immigrants. Actually, it requires them to.

Well, we mentioned previously that Pearce has a colorful background involving the white-supremacist far right, including dalliances -- like his close pal Sheriff Joe Arpaio -- with neo-Nazis.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Profiling Arizona legislator Russell Pearce: Author of immigration law is pals with noted neo-Nazi

ENTIRE POST FAIL.

I asked you to quote FROM THE LAW, which part of the law is racist. Not quote a bunch of articles calling it racist. Quote the parts of the LAW that are racist.

So sue me!!
I have already stated how its easy to be racist. Its also easy for the population to be manipulated....

Because it's your job to help with that manipulation, right? I don't normally play the "you're a disinfo agent!" card, but you are so willfully and obviously misdirecting every point brought up that it's almost impossible to believe you aren't one.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by mattifikation]

[edit on 18-6-2010 by mattifikation]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Come on, guys. Don't be so negative.

YES WE CAN.

WE CAN!!! We can overcome.

YES! WE! CAN!

Not trying troll or anything, I'm just finding a lot of criticism against Arizona for actually dealing with the issue sort of ridiculous. I agree with what the Arizona governor said: Instead of spending a bunch of money on court cases about the law, then help come up with a law on the federal level to deal with it instead.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Then you need to read the law, it mirrors the federal law that they would not enforce here or any where else in our nation.
No racism at all, if you are stopped in a traffic violation and you have the proper documents to be operating and vehicle in the state of Arizona, what's the problem. None.
Did you jump out of the car and run? Did you refuse to make an attempt to speak English? Are You Just Being Stupid Out Of Season and flip of the cop? All of this has been done and more. It really isn't hard to detect an illegal, you don't have to profile.

Hell, Little do most people know, The LEO's of Arizona, especially the Phoenix P.D. with out a law suite filed for profiling.

That comment right there in itself is profiling. From what I understand, to white people in the state of AZ anyone that doesn't look like them has the reasonable doubt to be an illegal alien.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just think it is funny that people who support the Arizona law are surprised by this

You guys are living in a fantasy world if you ever thought this law would stand...the people passing it knew it wouldn't stand...the governor that signed it knew it wouldn't stand.

But do you know what they did know and that it did do???? It got these people air time on TV, votes, and MONEY for their campaigns. And that is all they really wanted. In short...you were all played...now keep sending them money and creating threads wanting to nominate the governor of Arizona as President

Oh...and how are those 17 other states that were passing the same law doing???? Funny...they seem to have gone all quiet.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
here it is, RIGHT from the Horse's mouth itself:

www.azleg.gov...

Read it and Judge it whatever you will.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I can answer why more Canadians are given work visas. The Canadians are skilled labor. Any brain dead fool can pick fruits and vegies
I bet that the Mexicans who do receive work visas are skilled individuals as well. Would you rather have a Canadian trained doctor or a Mexican trained one?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AbnormalJoe
here it is, RIGHT from the Horse's mouth itself:

www.azleg.gov...

Read it and Judge it whatever you will.

AbnormalJoe, great work, thanks for posting the law.
The problem is this, the people here that are screaming Racisim and KKK and Profiling.
I'm going to tell you right now, They Can't Read The Law, It Was Not Dumbed Down To Their Level.
You know like Obama talking to his faithful followes.

I'll say it again and try to dumb it down to their level of understanding.
Listen and try and comprehend that Open Boarders and Sanctuary Cities policy are Bad. Yes, The American people have spoken and we agree, Bad, Secure Boarders and deportion of Illegals of any and all races, Good.
The Arizona law you are so dead against, has been in effect for over 2 years and zero law suites for profileing or any other charges.
Wake Up and smell the Illegals, take off your rose colored glasses, we don't want to hear you whine and cry about your open boarders and your sanctuary city and racial profiling.
You've been out voted, much like you will be in November and again in 2012.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the state of AZ knew before they even passed the law that there would be lawsuits, and I'm quite sure they're prepared to defend their state's rights.

The conspiracy theorist in the back of my mind likes me to think that AZ did this intentionally and that they have a trick or two up their sleeve for just such an occasion.

The most obvious I can think of is the blatant unconstitutionality of the boycotts from other states and cities. Unlike AZ's law, this is something that is very plain and easy to prove as forbidden by the constitution. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that if the Fed tries to initiate a lawsuit against AZ that AZ will counter with several of their own lawsuits, and I think they'd have a great chance at winning those lawsuits, possibly setting a court precedent that TPTB DON'T actually want.

So ultimately, I don't see the Fed following through with a lawsuit. I think they're just blowing gas as some sort of publicity stunt or whatever.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
States do not have a constitutional right to make laws regarding immigration as it is a issue of foreign affairs states also do not have the rights to make treaties.

As for it being racist, when a officer drives down the street how many whites will be stopped and checked for their immigration status, now how many Latinos will be stopped?

Please stop the personal attacks, plus the baiting.

I have no problems debating this issue, but if the attacks continue Im finished here.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

States do not have a constitutional right to make laws regarding immigration as it is a issue of foreign affairs states also do not have the rights to make treaties.

As for it being racist, when a officer drives down the street how many whites will be stopped and checked for their immigration status, now how many Latinos will be stopped?

I have no problems debating this issue, but if the attacks continue Im finished here.

LDragonFire, I reread all the post, I sorry, I didn't see the personal attacks, plus the baiting parts.

As for it being racist, I hope the Officer stops any and all people with driving violations. If that be they are Mexicans, Then all I can say is, Learn To Drive.
I have to assume you believe all the Officers in Arizona are White Guys and Gals, just looking to stop those little brown people and cuff'em and stuff'em.
You are so mistaken.
But then you listen to only the NPR's and watch news on your boob tube.
The talking heads on tv don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, if their names aren't scrolled in front of them, they not know it.
This law as been in practise here for over two years, no profiling cases.

If you feel I just picked on you and hurt your feeling with a personal attack on you, Change your panties.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Actually the states do have the constitutional right to deal with illegal immigration.

Article 1 sec 8.
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject
of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

The only power expressly delegated to the Federal govt is the power to regulate legal immigration.

Article 1 sec 10.
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep
Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact
with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Illegal immigration is an invasion. If the Federal govt isn't making a satisfactory attempt at repelling the invasion the states are well within their authority to repel invaders.

Amendment 10
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people.

If anything the 10th amendment gives the authority of regulating illegal immigration to the states. I would say that ICE is the unconstitutional organization here. Immigration enforcement is a power that belongs to the states.

And that is what the Constitution says about the matter. And the current situation was caused when the states allowed the feds take over enforcement.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ntech]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
so lets me get this straight.

the Federal government will enforce their right to enforce,

but not enforce.

good one guys. thats why were the best

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What is so hard to understand ?

They can not just pull people over to check their immigration status. They have to have a valid reason to pull people over, like violating a traffic law.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Absolutely not, give it back to Native Americans of witch Im one, and so are these Mexican illegals yall keep blabbering about....We were here first we

I so long for the day this country gets Sioux-ed!!!

Fifth column,
Sixth column,
Seventh column,
et al.

The Crack in the House of Usher.
It wont make the TriCentennial.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join