It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF and Police Raid Small Town in KY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
As I was watching the evening news, this really struck me as being unusual. A small town called Paris Kentucky, about 10 miles away from where I live, was the victim of a police state today.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24a27cf79e81.jpg[/atsimg]

Police took over a central Kentucky neighborhood Thursday afternoon, in a major raid that included federal agents.

People were seen being led away in handcuffs, and police went door-to-door checking i.d.'s. They also stopped traffic and blocked streets.

Here is a news video of the event:
www.wkyt.com...

News Article:
www.wkyt.com...

Agents and police were armed with assault rifles. Blocked off the streets, searched cars, houses and buildings, went door to door, demanded to see peoples ID's, and did not tell them what was going on for 12 hours. At midnight tonight it was finally revealed that it was a drug raid, although it was presumed so by residents. Regardless of what kind of raid it is, I feel the force was excessive for such a small town, and that the actions that the Federalies took was imo a training for the police state. Apparantly it was one of the largest raids in Kentucky.

And for what, a few crackheads? Its not even a really bad town. You know how some towns are just known for their drugs and criminal activity. Not this one. Every town has its drug problems, but I cant see the justification of this.

I wanted to post this because of the recent posts I have read on ATS aswell regarding the ATF and police raids in small towns. Very interesting to look at the big picture.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Is this really a drug bust? or have they started to work the Red List?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Is this really a drug bust? or have they started to work the Red List?

I was wondering the same thing.
Perhaps we may never know.
I await the followup story to advise
on how long they stayed. Or are they
still there ?????

My biggest question is this:

Why don't they do this for Beunos Aires
Nat. Park in AZ ??????

They must be skeered !!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is not so strange, if everyone Mayor, Cheif of Police, and so on, are all crooks with a crupt town what would expect.
Just look at it like the Federal Government just on smaller scale.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

My thoughts exactly- the "official story" is drugs- but wouldnt they call it that anyways if it wasnt to Cover their asses?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
No, I'm not buying it! Since when does ATF conduct drug raids unless it concerns alcohol or tobacco? I understand that they sometimes work in conjunction with DEA to help bolster man power, but not like this. Something stinks! At first I thought it might be plausible for a meth lab raid but judges generally only issue warrants for a single place, or seperate places, but not the whole neighborhood! The police do not have the authority to go house to house like this on your regular drug raid. There is definitely something more than meets the eye going on here...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, this is huge news, in my opinion. There is definately something up with this. Searching cars and going door to door? As another posted stated, the warrant would have had to have been for the entire neighborhood, which is highly unlikely, especially for a town that is supposedly not known to be a drug town.

Also, if this was local police, I would be less cautioned but it is the feds which puts it into a whole other ball-park. This definately seems to be a prelude to something.

New Orleans first during Katrina and now this town in Kentucky. While New Orleans was the dry run for a disaster type scenario, this town seems to be the dry run for an ordinary, every-day type scenario.

Do you know what "class" this neighborhood is? Upper middle class, lower middle class or maybe even poverty stricken?

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Like I said when the local government is involved in crimes the feds bust them.
What you think they would bust themselves, half the town and local law was probably involved in on going crime, drugs, prostitution.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

You forgot Fire arms, ATF is called in when there are fire arms involved with the drug activity, maybe they were also dealing guns with the drugs? And also ATF gets the call to help with raids when a small town police force doesn't have enough back up.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It was the main street area. Right through the center of town. Paris is a middle class community mostly.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
A red list roundup?? What leads some of you to believe this was something different than is being told?
What photos other than what's posted here or on the links make you lean this way?

"You can't even drive down the street at night without someone jumping out, thinking you want to buy drugs, and you don't," said Rita Penny, who lives in the neighborhood, "I think the biggest problem is crack and pills."

Pulled that quote from your source link. Crackheads with guns are not cool. I'm not saying an APC coming down your street is either though.
As far as Federal presence, doesn't seem to worry me too much. We don't know what crimes they've been accused of. Interstate traffiking, wire fraud are a few possibilites that come to mind.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We all need to get more information before jumping on the police state bandwagon. Residents of the town said this was a necessary raid and there is a drug problem.

intersection of Williams street and 7th street. Police say the property has been a problem-area for drug activity in the past.

Some neighbors say they are happy police are doing something about the drug problem.

"You can't even drive down the street at night without someone jumping out, thinking you want to buy drugs, and you don't," said Rita Penny, who lives in the neighborhood, "I think the biggest problem is crack and pills."

Penny hopes the streets will be a little safer now.

"It needed to be done," Penny said.

www.wkyt.com...

Edit: Marrr beat me to it

[edit on 18-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Sorry for my newbie ignorance, but what is a Red List?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Red list / Blue list. FEMA camp round up for martial law.

Nothing to worry about, this was just a drug bust with a lot of suspects involved.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
No, I'm not buying it! Since when does ATF conduct drug raids unless it concerns alcohol or tobacco?

Invisible Observer already covered this. My mistake.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
if you dont know what a red list is you may not be on it yet.....hmmmmm
but then again, you may.......
first comes the red list...execution
then comes the yellow list....harrassing survielance and intimidation,imprisonment, torture.....
if you are on the white list well, it may not be too bad.....slavery

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Is there a blue list too? When I first heard about the "List" I thought there were two colors? Then over the years all these other colors started coming in and I stopped following.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Im not claiming its a Red List round up- I am simply sharing what I believe to be an excessive show of force in a small town that is not notorious for its drug problems. They even had several black helicopters hovering above aswell. It seems excessive- and imo that is a clear sign of the ways things will be coming to pass in the decade to come.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is very common in small towns in Kentucky. KSP usually tries to serve arrests warrants for drug dealers at the same time mainly for convenience. We usually have about 2 of these a year in my county.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I bet they were blackhawk helicopters, this would probably be the DHS rapid response team, I believe every state has them now and they are always on call for such events.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join