It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A show we may wish to watch; Rubicon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I'm here dealing with my insomnia and currently watching a rather interesting pilot episode for a new show.

Now, why should this concern us as a general conspiracy thread? Well, many here in ATS believe those in the media are "in" on things. And rightly so, as there are far too many coincidences that have appeared in movies, songs, tv shows and other forms of media that we should never turn a blind eye towards.

After the series of finale of Breaking Bad (great show I should add), AMC premiered the pilot for their next new drama series. It's called Rubicon. So why should we watch it? Well, lets ask our wonderful friends at wiki!

Rubicon is an upcoming American television series created by Jason Horwitch and airing on the AMC television network. The series will be about an intelligence analyst at a national think tank who discovers that his employers may be part of a secret society that manipulates world events on a grand scale.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, this might be good. This might be very good.

Now, I'm not one to believe everything this show is going on about is truth or fiction, but if we follow the belief that some in the media are aware or are in on what is going on and sometimes drop hints in plain sight to tingle their humor bone, we may want to keep an eye on this show.

And regardless, the pilot IS good. It's rather engaging I must say and I enjoyed it. Pretty sure any conspiracy junkie would enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yes. I saw the previews for this and it looks like it might have some potential. Love their tag line too...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I just got done watching the pilot. And yes, it is very good.

And so far it's looking like it isn't just about secret societies. The main characters wife and kid were killed on 9/11, so undoubtedly that will be used as a plot device as the guy gets deeper and deeper into things.

Another thing I liked; in the beginning the guy is looking over a crossword puzzle that for some reason was in many newspapers. In the puzzle a lot of the words start to describe the government. Then one of the words is related to a "four leaf clover". The guy goes "judicial, legislative, executive....whats the fourth lead?"

Really looking forward to this. AMC has been cranking out some damn fine TV lately.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So we are now starting threads based on new tv shows ey?

Yeah, you got it mate, "they" are going to make a tv show to "out" themselves because "they" want us to know what "they" are up to.
srsly, take a tylenol pm instead of getting online and give us all a break.
stupid thread is stupid

[edit on 18-6-2010 by IcarusDeepSea]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IcarusDeepSea

Say what you want, when I see something like this I think it's fair to say there are certainly shows that seem to detail things that are far too coincidental.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Television shows, books, graphic novels, and films are quite often discussed here...particularly those related to conspiracy theories. Why ya trollin?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
So we are now starting threads based on new tv shows ey?

Yeah, you got it mate, "they" are going to make a tv show to "out" themselves because "they" want us to know what "they" are up to.
srsly, take a tylenol pm instead of getting online and give us all a break.
stupid thread is stupid

[edit on 18-6-2010 by IcarusDeepSea]

You must be one of the few on here that missed the first show of The Lone Gunmen, a spin off the X-Files series.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

What is this? I missed it!!!

Google here I come!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Thanks OP for sharing this with us.

This was the first I've heard of the show and I'm looking forward to checking it out. I'd rather watch a program like this than all the other crap that's on during prime time.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I watched the pilot on the AMC website.

It definitely has potential!

I'm not too sold on the main character yet though, but I suppose I wouldn't be from just watching a pilot.

Will be interesting to see where this one goes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

draevin,

I sent you a u2u with some links to threads about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I peronally am getting into the show. Its like a conspericy without a therory so far. I hope it dosnt get to slow. But so far so good.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IcarusDeepSea

go back to the /b/tard board.
b/tard.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You can watch the first two episodes here: www.amctv.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't watch too much other than ESPN but this show has kept me interested enough to keep watching it.Seems as if the head honcho Truxton Spangler is trying to create divisiveness with asking Grant if he can trust him, as he knows that Will is digging into things and he's looking for someone to be Judas.

What a messed up place to work. Everyone is spying on everyone else there.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
how is this show not being discussed here on ATS?

IT would appear to be an excellent template for dissecting various aspects of homeland security, etc.

for example--the way that individuals and companies with connections to high-level gov't profit off major catastrophies, etc.

second-how various agencies are intentionally disorganized so that they are never able to catch the guys they are looking for.

comeon, no one else is watching this?
edit on 11-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

ive liked it so far , hopefully they make it to season 2

new topics

top topics

join