It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School rejects kids hat because it had little green army men on it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Christan Morales says her son just wanted to honor American troops when he made a hat decorated with an American flag and small plastic Army figures. But the hat ran afoul of the district's no-weapons policy because the toy soldiers were carrying tiny weapons.

"His teacher called and said it wasn't appropriate because it had guns," Morales said. Morales' 8-year-old son, David, was assigned to make a hat for the day when his second-grade class would met their pen pals from another school.

She and her son came up with an idea to add patriotic decorations to a camouflage hat.

Read more

Remember idiots like these are the same idiots who are given power to :educate: children.

Yet another example of why public schools are massive failures in terms of education and common sense.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
God, I hate when schools go to the umpteenth degree and start acting like they have to be total control freaks by saying, "THE PLASTIC MEN HAVE TINY PLASTIC GUNS! WEAPONS!"

How sad...

And kudos to the kid on making that hat! Very impressive.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The politics of fear have unfortunately roared it's ugly head again.

What is the matter with a kid who has little plastic army men on his hat for? Talk about making a mountain out of a zit.

How stupid are people really? If someone says, "gun" everyone runs around screaming and crying bloody murder and acting like a bunch of stupid people who look even more assinine.

Kudos to the kid as well for creativity.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
and this right here is why I fear my son going to public school. he's 5 and will start in the fall. my ex and I disagree about the system she believes its more on the up and up. but when stuff like this happens and there is no great big public outcry, you can almost feel the patriotism fading away. if we no longer care about our country, who cares if it becomes the NAU?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They should have suspended the boy.
What if someone stole those tiny plastic guns and used them against their classmates? You would have another Columbine on your hands.

Here's other things they need to ban:

rocks that look like guns

the letter 'L' cuz it could be used as a gun on its side

sticks resembling guns (they would have to search the mulch outside for these as well)

butter knives because flat, dull instruments can kill.... something

anything made of glass

history

toothbrushes because they can be made into shanks

parents

trans fats

the internet cuz its full of hate mongers

anything that can remind the students that war occurs

shoes (bombs)

underwear (bombs)

Just a few ideas, but we need to put the protection of our children ahead of all things..... including sanity.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is just sad. Hypersensitvity at its worse. The kid wore a hat with an American flag and a few toy soldiers and was rejected. what exactly was the problem? nothing. Hypersensitvity and fear has now gripped American schools and turning them into almost nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What about the middle? the center? The balance? I only can see sick stuff from far left and from far right.

One side I can see, is this hyper hysterical so called social, green people. But sorry, i am also left, social and green, but I am sane.

The other side is full of aggression, pro war, pro oil, pro rich, anti social.

It's all about balance, and yes we can go high.

BALANCE!

new topics

top topics

join