It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campbell Soup Recalls 15M Pounds of SpaghettiOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
While Spaghetti O's are not the healthiest thing around, they do consist mostly of water, tomato puree, and pasta. So there is some health benefit to eating them. The can I am looking at claims Vitamins A, B(4 types), C, D, Calcium and Iron. I bought some for the kids to try not too long ago but thankfully they wouldn't eat them. Just checked the couple cans I had left and they are both in the recall. I was surprised they didn't like them. Maybe the undercooked meat was why?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I went to Kroger today, all the Spaghetti o products were still on the shelves. Also at IGA grocery. I asked the customer service desk at Kroger why the products are still for sale, she said the lot of products they have are not included in the recall. ???

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by super genius

Yea, true.

but it's hard to miss something solid in a can of all liquid soup.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I ate this stuff time to time when i was a kid. hot item amongst us kids in the 80's. today i eat alot of chef boy r dee ravioli though. the thing is, look at the sodium content on back of the can, thier like 26-39% per serving! thats alot of salt!!!
As for protein, its till not enough, even for a kid. Weightlifters know, that yuo need 1 gram of protien per yuor body weight to maintain a healthy balance. otherwise, your body will start scavenging your muscles for energy, making you thinner. thiers not enough protein per can of spaghettios regardless, let alone its sodium value*(

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Personally, i reffer to this canend stuff as 'rat meat' in a can

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Wow that worm in the can of soup grossed me out, I don't know which is worse, a worm or mold? Luckily you spotted that thing.

Strange your local stores don't have anything on the recall list, maybe they didn't get the word yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
C'mon is that really meat in there? I am sure the soups are okay but I wouldn't trust supposed canned meatballs at all. Aside from whatever other chemical preservatives they might add...

mmm mmm bad!

edit to add line.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Doesn't the wonderful invention of the microwave solve the problem of undercooked meat?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Doesn't the wonderful invention of the microwave solve the problem of undercooked meat?

I'm not sure.

I wouldn't cook a hamburger patty in a microwave.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by super genius

Well, I would think parents should cook home made meals for their kids instead of this crap.

But who am I kidding? I'm a #ing lunatic.

It's cheaper in the long run to do that. Making canned goods is a bit annoying at first but once you get the hang of it you won't have any issues.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

I've always thought the meat mixed with any pasta product in a can smells like the meat in canned dog food. I don't know that's just me.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Most of the big food companies would oftenly care about profits, but Campbell prove they are not. Even if it would cost to much money for them, they still took the courage to take imediate action in the issue.
I must give campbell soup some props; it's not often someone recalls anything before an injury. Individuals generally become ill or injured before a business initiates a recall. Because there was some undercooked meat, Campbell's recalled over 15 million pound of SpaghettiOs with meatballs. This recall was a wise move for Campbell's considering it may have saved them millions in unsecured loans to cover legal costs alone; let alone if somebody had actually gotten ill from this. Instead they took into account their customers health ahead of time. Any business that puts their customers first is admirable in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AllenX

Thanks AllenX, good reply.

Not bad for your first post, and welcome to ATS.

I agree with you, they showed class by issuing the recall before anybody got sick, and pulled the cans even if there was no risk to the consumers.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
They should use the recalled Spaghetti-Os to plug up the oil spill.

First laugh I've had all day man, thanks for that!

I can't imagine a better use for that crap. Ugh, just seeing the word Spaghetti-Os makes me queasy.

Edit:

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
I've always thought the meat mixed with any pasta product in a can smells like the meat in canned dog food. I don't know that's just me.

Oh my god man, you nailed it. That's exactly why I can't stand them, that smell and that... that... tomato-esque slime they call sauce. It literally sent a shiver down my spine when you said that.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Haha sorry to give you shivers and make you puke.

That's exactly how canned meat with sauce smells to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join