It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to retaliate if planes, ships inspected: speaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Iran to retaliate if planes, ships inspected: speaker

news.xinhuanet.com

TEHRAN, June 16 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Majlis (Parliament) Speaker Ali Larijani warned the West and certain countries with retaliation if they try to inspect Iranian planes and ships following last week's UN Security Council sanctions resolution against Tehran, the English language satellite Press TV reported on Wednesday.

"I am warning the U.S. and certain adventurous countries that in case they plan to inspect the cargo of Iranian ships and planes, they should rest assured that we will do the same in the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman (with their ships)," Larijani was quoted as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalsecurity.org
www.businessweek.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Is this just talk? Will they actually do something about it this time? Russia has just stated they will "retaliate" to the Iran sanctions as well. We already know Israel has stationed many submarines off the coast with nuclear missiles ready to strike at any moment if necessary. We are all so consumed by the news of the gulf oil spill that many of us are forgetting that the world is on the brink of war. Is this intentional? No one can really tell although the news of North and South Korea's recent diplomatic problems are no where to be found on main stream media outlets. I guess only time will tell what the world will do if things heat up in the middle east.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ummmm...the only ships the US has in the area are military. I dont see ANY Iranian ship stopping and searching ANY US military vessel....PERIOD.

This is Iran you are talking about.....YES, This is just more blabber from them.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
....we will inspect your ships and planes with men wearing dinner jackets and turtle neck sweaters.....

Line 2

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Im sure if the headline was "Israel to retaliate if Iran doesn't allow search" wed have post after post of how evil the jews are.

I think Iran is trying to create a situation. If it does god help them.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Im sure if the headline was "Israel to retaliate if Iran doesn't allow search" wed have post after post of how evil the jews are.

I wouldn't be too hasty. We all know Russia isn't to happy with the USA at the moment because of the Anti missile systems in place in Europe and it seems that Russia and Iran have become pretty close lately so if any move was made by Israel or the US I believe that Russia may (directly or indirectly) help Iran.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This whole situation has been 'on the brink of erupting into WWIII' for so long that peoples' ability closely follow it has faltered. War will probably erupt without us noticing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Alway's the servants approach, but anyway Iran is just saying that so they can try and stop an Israeli ship, and u know how thats gonna turn out, but then russia is indeed the dark horse here even with Turkey going all muslim on them,

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well the sanctions are BS. They've not really done anything to warrant them of late. Russia will back Iran one way or the other. I think China may back them as well. Could we see a realignment of old cold war allies happening soon? I wonder if the "certain adventurous country" would be Israel.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12

Originally posted by AndrewTB

I wouldn't be too hasty. We all know Russia isn't to happy with the USA at the moment because of the Anti missile systems in place in Europe and it seems that Russia and Iran have become pretty close lately so if any move was made by Israel or the US I believe that Russia may (directly or indirectly) help Iran.
I think you are right. Thing is the Russians dont scare me. I consider them to be a bigger threat than china though. Let them try, they will be digging their own graves and im not just talking militarily. Im a strong believe that both the USA and Russia will be making a HUGE comeback when this economic stuff starts to rebound.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

You know u may be right, but i think Russia will pull a Patton on China, u know better fight them now than later, along side usa, hey they where going to do the same thing to germany in ww2, and that my friends is why hitler had to open a second front, remember russia and germany were allies at the start, russia got greedy to soon and make no mistake world domination is still the name of the game. moral russia still needs an eye on.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm...the only ships the US has in the area are military. I dont see ANY Iranian ship stopping and searching ANY US military vessel....PERIOD.

This is Iran you are talking about.....YES, This is just more blabber from them.

There is no legitimacy in the sanctions therefore if they try to enter Iranian ships, that gives Iran the same right, to do the same to their ships.

Once again, the sanctions are based on Iran's nuclear program, which Iran has every right to pursue, therefore the sanctions are not legitimate.

Bullying maybe accepted in Western society, but it is hated in Muslim society, that is why Muslims are the only ones fighting the Bullies world wide.

The rest of the world need to grow some back bone.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Iran attacks Afghanistan , Iraq , and Israel along with the 5th fleet.... Russia and china attack japan , and china N.Korean alliance attacks South Korea

wild card if it will go to nukes? and where does India fit in ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by standupamerica32
Iran attacks Afghanistan , Iraq , and Israel along with the 5th fleet.... Russia and china attack japan , and china N.Korean alliance attacks South Korea

wild card if it will go to nukes? and where does India fit in ?

India will nuke the poops out of Pakistan.

And *IF* WW3 does happen? Maybe then it will be a good thing, because of the situation for full employment of jobs that will make all those war machines and other war stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

not to mention the draft

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

You know i would have agreed with that 100%,,but now that Afganistan has a trillion dollars in mineral wealth, brilliant timming by the way on the news release they USA, knew this for past three years now,, congrats,,will change all of the major players thinking on Afganistan. Especially China who just happen to need about a trillian dollars in mineral wealth to keep there economy going.

new topics

top topics

join