It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Science the Antichrist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
gravity is caused by satan, the devil, etc etc coz it pulls things down? hell is down, heaven is up, right? why must hell be down? why cant hell be up and heaven down, or hell is to the left and heaven to the right?

Gravity is caused by mass warping space.

I think we've been misled for ages about Heaven and Hell as physical locations... That Heaven is somewhere out there, and that Hell is down below.

Heaven and Hell are spiritual dimensions, accessible to spiritual creatures such as ourselves, right. These dimensions are wherever your head and heart are, okay? So, it's possible to be in Paradise right here on Earth. It's equally possible to be living in Hell on Earth.

These aren't places, they're levels of your Awareness.

If you're a low-down, inbred, ignorant, animal-abusing brute, chances are you perceive the entire world in those terms. And that's one level of awareness. A really low and detestable level, but a level of awareness, nonetheless.

If you're a little more spiritually evolved, you're liable to be more intelligent, more compassionate, and you'll perceive the world in those terms.

Not many self-professed Christians realize that Jesus went to Hell before he went to Heaven. After the Crucifixion, Jesus was unleashed — like Obiwan Kenobi, right — and He descended to Hell, where He kicked the shît out of Satan and Death and DEFIED them to lay a hand on Humanity.

See, Christ had assumed the burden of all the sins of Mankind for all time (past, present, and future). Nobody dies in Christ's world. Nobody goes to Hell. Period.

So, if you think that Earth is Hell, or that your life is a living Hell, it's because that's where your head and your heart are taking you. There's no place called Hell, it's just a level of your awareness. Nobody is going to Hell, but it is possible to torture yourself, right.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

21Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Science always "improves" itself, the Word of G-d stays the same forever.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the insightful replies. Alot of great information for me to chew on.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
well, since you can say that science is the antichrist

I would say: are the religions actually worshiping the antichrist?

1 - anyone can have their own interpretation from religious books
2 - everything bad on this world is justified on these books
3 - people that believe in religion dont use their brain
4 - people that believe in religion actually dont question ANYTHING
5 - people that believe in religion believe that they can kill, rape, do whatever and be forgiven and go to heaven with 1001 women to sleep with

I wont extend, but you got my point right?
maybe these books are a test, and you my friend, are not passing on it!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I'm not sure if your post is directed at me or not...but I'm not saying that science is the antichrist, just pondering the possibility.

But per your point...Something I read years ago on that subject made me look into the idea that our religious texts had been "corrupted". I'd say it was a completely plausible idea.

My personal views on religion are complicated, but it helped to further my knowledge.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

no problem I dont follow religion, neither believe in devil or whatever, I just made a point, that if some people consider religion a way to connecting to God, it may not be at all

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not only is Science the Antichrist, but so is History. Both should be banned from being taught in public schools.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I have heard it all....what is wrong with you people???????

So why do you think Science is the antichrist and we should stop teaching history????

What a joke, I am sorry, but this is ridiculousness. Please explain.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Science is not the bad guy here it is the people who try and use science for bad things that is the problem.

Science is after all part of God. Science does not do things out of hate it does things out of laws, laws that God made. To learn those laws is not evil but trying to do evil with them is. Learning is the true gift that God gave us. To be able to open your eyes and breath in air every day is something that is beyond amazing, it is God like. God put us here to learn, we make mistakes and we learn from them, that is the law of science. Random numbers that make up God made from pure light that knows no lies just laws that have been put in place. To use science follow your heart, if you learn for God and do what is right, good things will follow. If you make a mistake learn from that mistake and do not lie to yourself, that is only lying to God for he knows, and is, all.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Doc Velocity

No one goes to war over science though, its not like religion which has caused countless wars

Got a quibble with this. Neither science nor religion causes wars. Wars a caused by a clash of ambition of human leaders.

But in order to get the masses to go along with it, they always have to have a pretext. They often even believe it in their own minds. In the past, the pretext was religion almost universally. That's where the idea comes from that wars are always started by religion.

In our "enlightened" age, that won't do. So now we fight wars over "isms". Same s**t, different bull and different ***holes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Doc Velocity

No one goes to war over science though, its not like religion which has caused countless wars

Got a quibble with this. Neither science nor religion causes wars. Wars a caused by a clash of ambition of human leaders.

But in order to get the masses to go along with it, they always have to have a pretext. They often even believe it in their own minds. In the past, the pretext was religion almost universally. That's where the idea comes from that wars are always started by religion.

In our "enlightened" age, that won't do. So now we fight wars over "isms". Same s**t, different bull and different ***holes.

No one goes to war over science? Maybe not now but this guy may have something to say about it....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know I'm not a christian.. but science can be very scary if you think about it.
Scientific dictatorship.

Made me think of Channel Zero by Canibus:

Yo, sometimes the road to the truth is, so elusive it's confusin'
And reality becomes illusion
If I showed the masses where we was at or where we was goin'
I'd shatter the social balance of the world as we know it
I'm talkin bout the grand deception, of 1947
When our souls were sold to the heavens
for technologically advanced weapons
Crystal enhanced, brain implants, and mind control methods
MJ-12 is not majestic
And the focal point of our problems on this planet are not domestic
You can accept it or be stupid and be a skeptic
and fail to recognize the secret society's death wish
Ninety-seven percent of our Presidents were Masons
Responsible for launderin' trillions of dollars from the nation
for the construction of underground military installations
Abductions and cattle mutilations
Experiments on human patients
can take place in several subterranean bases
A hundred and fifty stories below a basement
With knowledge of genetic information, you need to fear science not Satan
Cause through the manipulation of certain biological agents
they create strange creations
Top secret special operations
Low frequency sounds and lasers, people like Carl Sagan
that didn't believe in the Drake equation
were tryin to keep Western civilization on a need-to-know basis

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok, if Christ and the Antichrist come into contact, what's the yield? Do you just get a fizzle burst due to ambiplasma pushing them apart before they can mutually annihilate?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Ok, if Christ and the Antichrist come into contact, what's the yield? Do you just get a fizzle burst due to ambiplasma pushing them apart before they can mutually annihilate?

If you understand God then you can answer your own question. What can destroy light? As far as I know nothing can destroy all light. Our sun will eventually eat our planet and everything on our planet will become part of this pure light/engergy. So as far as I can tell the "anticrist" will always be on the run of pure light/energy but will never escape becuase without light/engery there is nothing but empty space filled with darkness with no life to live.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This thread has been on my mind today as I do my work and tend to daily needs. Everything I have done today, especially the things I 'need' has a base in science.

All the way done to the basics of life, like making cloth for clothes, gardening, building a shelter/home, warming water and food....is based on understanding in the science of things.

Even if you go back to old days before electricity and before technical tools, people still had to learn a basic understanding. Such as the understanding that water and the sun are both needed to keep planets growing to produce healthy harvest.

We werent meant to be robots....we are meant to learn. It is the nature of the person that can use the basics of anything for harm, greed, ect. Its the people, not the laws of the Universe, that is corrupt. In this respect, its the people that can choose to be the Antichrist or not. They can live more for their nature of flesh if they wish....and yes, often this involves other people paying for their decisions. But there is still the opportunity given to learn something from it all.

This world tests are natures...and yes it sure is testing some natures to be full of pride, greed, and lust. They will reap what they sow, they will learn, it just may not be here in this life. If there are particular things of science you really dont like, be a speaker against them, instead of throwing it all out the window. We dont want to turn into a world that burns books and keeps knowledge from people. We all have individual minds for a reason, to make our own choices.

I hope the ones against science (and that one against history in schools) thinks long and hard about such thoughts...

My best
LV

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am a Christian, but I'm not going to call science "the Antichrist".
Firstly, I don't have a problem with science, as such.
Secondly, people can only throw that label on science if they wander away from the original definition of the "antichrist" concept; it's not just about a generalised "opposition to God".
An antichrist, in the NT, is a substitute for Christ, someone making the false claim to be the returned Christ. "The Antichrist" (although the title isn't actually used for anyone in the New Testament") would just be the supreme example of that particular category.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join