It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. Lawmaker Considering Arizona Immigration Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"The Department of Homeland Security estimated in 2008 Florida had an estimated 850,000 illegal immigrants, third in the country behind California and Texas."

"Rep. William Snyder, a Stuart Republican and former police officer, says he would "unequivocally" support such a law in Florida."

850,000 illegal immigrants in 2008??
I had no idea! I knew there were a lot but wow!My state better do something quick as well as many others because these people will be moving to places not enforcing laws.

www.actionnewsjax.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
it's about time !!!
Might I suggest an exact copy
of AZ's law so the states can be
in compliance with the same
wording in the Fed Law.

Best of luck.
I wish NC would do the same

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My mother is a Spanish and has dual citizenship in Spain and the US. I probably knew spanish before english. That being said, she came here legally and me and her both are in great support of this law.

If necessary I will fight tooth and nail to get it pass and I wouldn't hold back on donating (i never donate). It's the key everyone is refusing to acknoledge in being one of our countries biggest problems directly correlating to abuse of the system and many other economic hardship brought on by it.

Put it this way, If every illegal immigrant were deported tomorrow. The unemployment rate would not exist. Don't get me started on picking strawberry because I knew 2 illegal immigrants that got paid more than I do now and I know several younger people that would gladly fill in the positions.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If the GOP continues to cater to its far right small base they will be the GoneOldParty soon enough.

Here is a recent article that shows what Im talking about

When they register to vote, these young Latinos do so in the Democratic Party by a 4 to 1 ratio. Sixty-two percent choose the Democratic Party and only 16% Republican, while 22% say they are independent.

Opinions on policy issues are clearly in the Democratic camp. Young Latinos strongly favor the public sector, with 63% saying that, "government does a better job than people give it credit for," and 66% say "government should create jobs rather than leaving it to the free market."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Young Latino voters -- an emerging giant

The republican party needs to get a grip and stop alienating potential voting groups if they wish to have any kind of future.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
My mother is a Spanish and has dual citizenship in Spain and the US. I probably knew spanish before english. That being said, she came here legally and me and her both are in great support of this law.

If necessary I will fight tooth and nail to get it pass and I wouldn't hold back on donating (i never donate). It's the key everyone is refusing to acknoledge in being one of our countries biggest problems directly correlating to abuse of the system and many other economic hardship brought on by it.

Put it this way, If every illegal immigrant were deported tomorrow. The unemployment rate would not exist. Don't get me started on picking strawberry because I knew 2 illegal immigrants that got paid more than I do now and I know several younger people that would gladly fill in the positions.

You should be proud that your family is legal!
I don't have any strawberry picking places around me but I would try it out myself. I imagine they would give you discounts if you bought some too.

Too many people think that illegals will only do the jobs that American citizens won't do. That is not true as they are now in many fields of employment and getting at least minumum wage or more.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it's about time !!!
Might I suggest an exact copy
of AZ's law so the states can be
in compliance with the same
wording in the Fed Law.

Best of luck.
I wish NC would do the same

Hey boondock-saint!
What the states need to do is to come down on employers and hold them accountable for hiring illegals. Another thing is they need to do away with the anchor babies. That law was originally for the children of slaves and has nothing to do with the anchor babies we have today. It is absurd! I am in shock at the numbers of illegals we have. It is quite disturbing. No wonder we are losing our language. Many illegals have no intention of learning the language or becoming a legal citizen. These numbers are way too high!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
If the GOP continues to cater to its far right small base they will be the GoneOldParty soon enough.

Here is a recent article that shows what Im talking about

When they register to vote, these young Latinos do so in the Democratic Party by a 4 to 1 ratio. Sixty-two percent choose the Democratic Party and only 16% Republican, while 22% say they are independent.

Opinions on policy issues are clearly in the Democratic camp. Young Latinos strongly favor the public sector, with 63% saying that, "government does a better job than people give it credit for," and 66% say "government should create jobs rather than leaving it to the free market."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Young Latino voters -- an emerging giant

The republican party needs to get a grip and stop alienating potential voting groups if they wish to have any kind of future.

Gah! The government does a better job than people give it credit for? Yeah that's why we have millions of illegals and millions of unemployed American citizens. Because of costs we have lost hospitals and schools etc, cuts are made in other areas etc. Illegals work the system with lies and deciet and stolen identities and get free medical, cheap housing, and other benefits that some of our citizens arn't getting. What the heck kind of government caters to an illegal before its own citizens?

We have seen where clearly, most Americans are against illegal immigration yet the feds do nothing. Time for new people to be in power, the ones we have now are not capable of doing their jobs.

Kudos to the states who have the courage to stand up and do something about it! I'm telling ya, whatever states don't enforce laws are going to be sorry when thousands of illegals show up on their door step because of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How many states are on the verge of bankruptcy ?

46 of the 50 states...including the Mexican "peoples republic of kalifornia".
Maybe its about time those states to stop giving out social entitlements.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

The U.S. is a mess. No entitlements should go to a foreigner before a citizen.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by Night Star

TX is probably going to pass something similar.

Too bad the reps com my area will vote against it.

They are damn idiots.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I wish you luck Texas. Rhode Island has been trying to pass something too but we've been shot down. We are trying to hold the corporations accountable for hiring the illegals too.

Many states agree that the anchor baby thing has got to go as well.
Florida has 800,000 illegals!
Imagine how many of them are holding jobs or taking money from welfare? Many citizens who barely make above the poverty limit are denied benefits while illegals are entitled? That makes me sick. Imagine how many citizens could be employed if these illegals didn't take those jobs? Man!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's about TIME! I live in Florida and the illegals are getting ridiculous here. Time for them to go home!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I was shocked to hear you guys had so many!!!! This is ridiculous!! Rhode Island is the smallest State of all and we have 20 to 40,000. A few years ago in one factory alone we had 360 illegals working there. They got raided and when the illegals were gone, 400 citizens showed up to apply for those jobs! Legal citizens!

It is outrageous that our government could be so cold and heartless as to allow this to continue. Our citizens need jobs to support their families.

new topics

top topics

join