It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Puerto Rico in a week, any "hot spots" I should hit up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This time next week I'll be boarding a flight to beautiful Puerto Rico for 6 days, and to be honest, I'm kind of excited/nervous about it, as there's supposedly a lot of strange things that have been associated with the island. I'm just hoping the pilot avoids the BERMUDA TRIANGLE at all costs, lol. I'll be on the lookout for any flying cigars, though.

I've heard stories of several UFO encounters in and around the island for quite some time, from pilot recordings, USOs & everything in between. Dunno if all of them are authentic, but a few I've came across did intrigue me. I've heard PR has a reputation of anomalous activity, so I'm eager to get a closer look at all this!

Anybody have any suggestions on where sightings usually occur? I'll try to hit up as many of 'em as possible. Fear is a heavy burden, so if I DO see something, I'm posting the picture/video here ASAP.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I am Puertorican, you want to see UFOs or at least find what is going on in the rain forest where the US does experiments, go at night, but beware the federal government now guards the forest, it has been sightings of chupacabras.

Beside the main tourist areas in Old San Juan and the Spanish forts (a most see), try to join a tour to the Arecibo Satellite dish the biggest.

Then take a tour to the caverns and some of the indigenous sites.

Be careful of wandering alone at night as crime is very high in PR.

Beside that check the local cuisine as its delicious and the sea food is always fresh you will see the difference in taste.

Don't forget Loisa Aldea as is the oldest city that still holds the local food from the times of the colonial slaves trade with Portugal.

Then luqillo for the strip of qioscos with all kind of goods.

Then Fajardo for el conquistador and some gambling.

I hope you have a great time and keep safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know some people in Puerto Rico. If you can make it over to Ponce, they would certainly be happy to show you their local area -including a coffee factory that smells like Heaven and a rum factory that can give you a sample that is far better than any rum you have ever tasted commercially.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Darn I forgot the Serralles mansion,
and the Don Q in Salinas that is a most see, as PR has one of the most famous rums.

Maybe find some canita and coquito.
those are local brands made at home.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Isn't there an area on the coast facing direction of AUTEC that is supposed to be high-UFO-USO traffic? I remember seeing it mentioned on a program about USO's.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
before going you may want to read this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't know about UFO's - never saw any while I was there - but you definitely should go see the Arecibo radio telescope. My friends and I wanted to go there but never got a chance. Also, San Juan is great, the old forts and the Bacardi factory.

Also, make sure you lock your car doors when driving at night. It may have changed since I last went there around 2001, but the standing rule at the time was that you only needed to slow down at red lights after dark and could keep driving if the way was clear, due to a high risk of being car-jacked.

Oh - and dress for warm and humid weather.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Everybody says El Yunque...I've never been to Puerto Rico...but there's said to be strangeness on/around El Yunque...

And then just touristy, I myself would like to go Vieques...but like I say I never been.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Listen to her... she knows what she's talking about!

If you have the time, a trip to Lake Guajataca (not far from the Arecibo dish) might be a good spot for 'the hunt.'

Enjoy it now - before the oil get's there.

Viva Borinquen!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you have the time to take a 1 hour drive from San Juan, and then a 1
hour ferryboat ride, the Island of Vieques is great. There is great little strip
with some nice bars and restaurants. I remember one of the bars "Bananas"
not the best one but I remember the name. Anyway Sun Beach is Awsome
and the Island has a place called Bioluminescent Bay which glows blue at
night as you swim. Google it. There are some great driving roads too.
There was a U.S. Naval base when I was there, but I think it is decommissioned
now. Lots of wild horses, and unusual lights on the water and sky at night.
The locals have all kinds of stories. But as a previous poster mentioned be
careful of the back ally's at night especially if alone. No paranoia, it is just
that way on a lot of the islands, and generally anywhere in the world these days. Have a great time, and take a good UFO pix for us on ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Go to Lake Guajataca. Wait for nightfall and walk into the lake with no clothes on and skittles in hand. Call out repeatedly, " OWAHTANASIAM!" They will come.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
check out the municpality called "lajas", the mayor made a "spaceport" for extraterrestrials...

this is the same municipality that houses a strange blimp that belongs to the fed gov allegedly for drug surveillance operations, but guarded by armed soldiers with automatic weapons, not cops..

Lajas is the hotbed for a UFO hunt and while u r there..check out the bio luminescent bay

I am from Puerto Rico and still live here, feel free to ask anything

new topics

top topics

join