It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Contracts with Kevin Costner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
From WaterWorld to OIL and WaterWorld.

BP has contracted with Costner and Ocean Therapy Solutions to use 32 centrifuge machines that are designed to separate oil from water.
"Clearly, there is a market out there," said Costner, who has invested more than US$24 million to develop the portable devices.
Costner said the device had been sitting at a Nevada facility for 10 years until BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles recently called him.

"He was excited," Costner said. "He told me that the machine worked. He told me that it was working against the dispersants, that it was handling the variations of oil mixtures and thickness present in the Gulf."

ca.news.yahoo.com...
Never underestimate the Intelligence that comes out of Hollywood.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

For every single celebrity that you look at and wonder why again are they famous, their are those that use their wealth and fame for the betterment of the world. That and they manage to restore my faith in humanity ever so slightly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
if that is true then that may be good news not only for the GOM, but also other spills across the globe..

s+f

[edit on 17-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

For every single celebrity that you look at and wonder why again are they famous, their are those that use their wealth and fame for the betterment of the world. That and they manage to restore my faith in humanity ever so slightly.

Yep, I agree...

This is indeed very good news... and may just very well be the thing that makes oil drilling safe again for all areas....

And he isn't doing it with his gills ;-)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm just thankful he had the insight, the foresight, and the funding to make this a reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I'm just thankful he had the insight, the foresight, and the funding to make this a reality.

Eureka! A little too insightful no?
Kevin Costner caused the damn BP leak, wake up people!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Philosophically speaking, those who gain wealth are `blessed` because they use whatever talent, skills and knowledge they have wisely, not so much towards material bling-blings, but surely for endeavors meant to benefit the planet as a whole.

Call it `spreading the wealth` in the guise of `charitable foundations` and in Kevin Costner's case worth the effort out of his own pocket.

Dreams can become reality. It just takes the right time, places and special souls to fulfill certain projects.

Bravo.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Awolscout

Yep, I agree...

This is indeed very good news... and may just very well be the thing that makes oil drilling safe again for all areas....

And he isn't doing it with his gills ;-)

Too bad though eh. Just imagine what he could do with his gills.

Late breaking news coming to you tonight it seems that Kevin Costner got fed up with BP and grabbed some duct tape, gorrila glue, and a paper clip and swam down and fixed the leak; onlooker;s are stunned with comment's such as "wait a second he wasn't macgyver whered he learn to do that?" Great news and back to you chuck.

That would literally be the greatest news article ever ... sigh I can dream though

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thank you, Kevin Costner, for providing a solution that they seem interested in.

If this works, I might even watch The Postman.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hope. If for nothing else, we should be grateful.

Thanks man.

Now don't let the media use you, and I'll be completely impressed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

Eureka! A little too insightful no?
Kevin Costner caused the damn BP leak, wake up people!

WOW!
That sure was lucky how Kevin Costner, an actor,
is so interested in massive oil cleanup devices. Gee wilikers!

And talk about good timeing, Huh?

We sure are lucky that he is generous enough to spend millions and millions
of his own money to develope this technology so that he can save the world and all of us too!

Nothing unusual about that.

Just in time too. I almost missed American Idol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Hope. If for nothing else, we should be grateful.

Thanks man.

Now don't let the media use you, and I'll be completely impressed.

I'll second that.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So why not send a few of these to all spill sites around the world?

We are all saved! (I will believe it when I see it)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hmmm....a centrifugal machine that separates oil from water? I wonder if it's anything like the set-up he used in Waterworld to refine his urine to make it drinkable?

Oh, btw...another blue tie???

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I assume BP plans on using these on the oil that they are siphoning off from the leak?
Surely, these arent intended for cleanup...are they?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I hope it works as advertised. The only reason BP is interested in it is they get to keep the oil and make a profit since it separates it from the water. With the microbes they would rather let the gulf coast die then use them to clean it up

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
I assume BP plans on using these on the oil that they are siphoning off from the leak?
Surely, these arent intended for cleanup...are they?

Of course, their primary objective, as a corporate entity, is to survive and minimize the reduction of the revenue stream over this matter.

Reclamation of the oil, and subsequent ownership and distribution thereof, has always been the reason for each solution tried at the well-head.

The rest is just PR. Corporations have no soul, therefore you cannot expect 'morality' from the entity. Now the people who operate the corporations, that's another matter. From them I demand morality. But that's just how I roll....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Kevin Kostner is the Anti-Christ! K.K. get it?

I just had to . I'm sorry. I could'nt resist. Hell it's been said about everyone else . At least you heard it from someone who's joking first. Might help if you run into someone who's serious.

Is Costner the man or what? Something about that guy. How is he is the one who is involved with these.
An oil giant would lose him in it's lunch. This is very odd again. So I guess
it's all good.
Being a fatalist gets old quick.

SnF OP, now if we can just get you to change that avatar. The world might
be Ok again.

Freakin hideous damb thing .............................

[edit on 19-6-2010 by randyvs]

top topics

join