It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Alert Issued for 17 Afghan Military Members AWOL From U.S. Air Force Base

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thatblissguy

Yes- the article said "an unspecified number", had been caught- which, could be- wait for it- ZERO. If it was a significant number of them, you could be sure it would have been mentioned.
Whether or not, these Afghani's, are REAL, honest-to-Allah Jihadists, or simply poor people, wanting a better life- IT DOES NOT MATTER.
The USA, CANNOT CONTINUE TO EXIST, if it allows EVERYONE in the entire world, in, no questions asked.
Yes- we are a country, formed mostly of immigrants- but, for the first 300+ years, MOST of those immigrants, came here, to BECOME AMERICANS, and "follow the American Dream". NOT to change America, into a big version, of their home.
WE are at war. I don't LIKE it- but, it is a FACT. There are people, that would actually WANT, to KILL, AMERICAN CITIZENS. Letting anyone, that MIGHT be in this category, into our country, and giving them MILITARY TRAINING, is TREASON, pure and simple. (The penalty for TREASON, is DEATH BY HANGING.)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There are some other possible scenarios for intelligence activities of the three letter kind...
Is it possible these guys were trained not as english speakers, but as agents to enter muslim faithed countries(is that politically correct enough?)
I can see the definate need for agents and ifiltrators with some real foriegn backgrounds and connections to try to get the inside scoop on all kinds of situations.
Infiltrating racially/culturally differnt countries must require much clandestine recruitment....(where do you recruit a black opss personell who speak Pashtun say, or Erdu? erdu? sic)(www.urduword.com...)
Perhaps they hoped to drag the knowledge out for operational purposes but for some reason are forced to disclose this info, but as casually and quietly as possible to avoid embarrassing reportage at a later date by some nosey journalist.
There definately could be false flags involved, but maybe they are directed against the terroristas instead of us?
Perhaps the FBI may have wanted some farsi speaking or other interpreters or interrogators...
Maybe they have gone on to the schooll of the Americas to learn that skill too?(remember that trip?)
I could go on but you get the idea...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by stirling]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Of course it could just be that they would rather live in a country that isn't ravaged by war and religious fascism.

But yelling "False Flag !!" is just so much more contemporary........

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
All I can say is this....

Only the US would deem it necessary to create a program like this. Why anyone has to come here to a central physical location in order to learn English is beyond me. Have they not heard of Rosetta Stone??

Could it be that Rosetta Stone doesn't cover Pashtu (or Pashti as it's called in Afghanistan), Dari (an Afghan Persian/Farsi), Uzbek Turkmen, Baluchi, Pashai, and Nuristani, all native languages. They do have intro level Pashto, Dari and Farsi products but for flight training and aircraft support more advanced instruction is needed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The article also states:

"In 2009, the Defense Language Institute English Language Center reported two other students from countries other than Afghanistan went missing," he told FoxNews.com. "They include one Iraqi who requested asylum in Houston and one Djiboutian whose status is unknown. To date in 2010, one student from Tunisia and one from Guinea Bissau have gone AWOL in addition to the Afghani student [Aryan] who went AWOL in January.

"To put these numbers in perspective," Emery said, "more than 3,400 international students entered training at DLI in 2009, including 228 from Afghanistan."

A senior law enforcement official said Friday that the Afghans' disappearance was more of an immigration violation than a security threat, saying there are no "strong indications to any terrorism nexus or impending threat."

Source

There are other AWOL trainees of different nationalities, at least one of which sought asylum. Why should one assume that these individuals are part of a terror plot? Because they are Afghani? One could of course argue that the article is trying to mislead us or downplay the potential threat these individuals might pose, but people seem ready enough to accept the parts of the article which suggest a terror plot at face value. So why do people not accept the parts of the article which specifically go out of their way to suggest otherwise at face value?

I'm not arguing that there isn't at least a potential security threat, given the clearances they were issued (which I would hope have been revoked and/or changed following their AWOL status.) I'm merely suggesting that there is no non-speculative basis on which to base the assumption that they are part of a false flag or legitimate terror plot.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
edit: removed by me...nevermind

[edit on 18-6-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sickening how much anti-America hate is being spewed by you people.

You're barely able to articulate a thought, and you wonder why people won't agree with you.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Sickening how much anti-America hate is being spewed by you people.

You're barely able to articulate a thought, and you wonder why people won't agree with you.

Relax, most of it is the same kind of hate that people feel when they see someone driving a Ferrari.

We have it so good here in the US it's not even funny, don't let these trolls phase you, just laugh it off, it is pathetic raving after all.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
did You thought of them wanting to just go awol because they are in america and dont wana go back?

if thats a terror plan then thier genious thinker is just stupid

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is sounding like another 9-11 in the mix,hope when they nuke something it isn't in Calif or Az,I like my hair

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotgal
reply to post by warpcrafter

BINGO!!! This has been happenning, over a TWO YEAR PERIOD, and we are JUST learning about it. I wonder WHEN their "security badges" expire- or if anyone REALLY checks those things, anyway."Oh, he's got a badge, he's one of us."

I have a CAC (common access card, standard issue access card for all military and civilian contractors) and as a civilian contractor for the air force it is checked (scanned) every time I need access to the base.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Everyone worrying about this should also be about 58,000 times more concerned that the 1,000,000 mexicans crossing the border every year that are ALL obviously part of violent drug cartels that are here to kill us all and force their drugs upon us.

The Afghanis are here seeking asylum from their crazy country, not to terrorize us.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
These people probably don't even exist.

Considering that one of the AWOL subjects named "Atiqullah Habibi" has 2 birth dates, I'd have to agree with your assessment:

List of 17 Afghan Military listed as AWOL

Published June 17, 2010 | FOXNews.com

The following 17 Afghan military members have gone AWOL from an Air Force base in Texas and are being sought in a nationwide alert in the U.S.

Abdul Ghani Barakzai, born 8/8/1977
Mohd Ali Karimi, born 9/3/1982
Mohammad Nasim Fateh Zada, born 12/4/1966
Aminullah Sangarwal, born 8/27/1982
Mohd Ahmadi, born 5/5/1978
Ahad Abdulahad, born 5/5/1984
Sayed Qadir Shah Habiby, born 5/7/1985
Javed Aryan a.k.a. Aryan Javed, born 1/1/1987
Mirwais Qassmi, born 4/24/1974
Barsat Noorani, born 6/3/1981
Atiqullah Habibi, two dates of birth are listed on the alert: 6/2/1982 and 7/2/1982
Ahmad Sameer Samar, born 5/2/1983
Mohamed Fahim Faqier, born 6/1/1987
Obaiddullah Abrahimy, born 8/1/1979
Sayed Nasir Hashimi, born 4/5/1972
Shawali Kakar, born 12/31/1979
Khan Padshah Amiri, born 4/1/1978

Notice too, how many of them are born on the 1st or 2nd of the month? That seems odd to me.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I dont think people are yelling "false flag" because they have gone missing. In fact several here have made the same point you did that they probably just wanted to immigrate.

I think people are yelling "false flag" because this is obviously such a non-issue that there really is no point in breaking the story unless you were trying to get some specific response from people.

Which then sort of begs the question, why are they yanking our chain, and which way are they trying to keep us from looking?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope its not BOOM BOOM AGAIN IN us. I'm not living in US. When # hits the fan this time. It probably might be a nuclear one and there's gonna be a worldwide effect. Also i hope they dont kill innocent civilians inside and outside US for their next step of the big agenda.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Exactly my thinking as well! If these Afghan's were a security threat, wouldnt the 3 letter agencies be all over this like geeks on a HD? Seriously, wouldn't the DHS and FBI etc not want a replay of 9/11 where they mishandled all the intelligence leading up to it? I find it hard to believe that foreign military with security clearances for our bases were not monitored by said agencies in the least...makes no sense. Add to that fact that TPTB wanted to tell the public at this point in time is really rather strange.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
put your critical thinking caps on people.

you do not need to bring people here to teach them english.

the supposed awol people are afghani

wikileaks is about to release a video showing the "massacre" of afghani civilians including children.

we must remind the citizens that we are protecting them from terror

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Notice too, how many of them are born on the 1st or 2nd of the month? That seems odd to me.
[edit on 18-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

Maybe they don't know their actual birthdate and it isn't recorded? We are not talking about the most organized part of the planet are we?

Does the Afghanistan government even issue birth certificates? I mean with all the fighting that has been going on there between the Russians, Taliban, CIA and whoever, it must be pretty hard to carry on normal functioning of government?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

WHY DON'T YOU TRAIN THOSE PEOPLE IN AFGHANISTAN to begin with? Why bring them over?

S & F for you!

Let's see ...

We could either send one (or even a couple) English instructor over to afghanistan to teach them English, or we could bring ALL of them here to learn.

Which costs less and is less risky for the U.S.? Should have been a simple math exercise ...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by In nothing we trust

great avatar, hahaha tempting to copy it

I change avatars fairly regularly.

When I abandon it you can have it if you wish.

Until then hands off

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join