It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Has anyone had the experience of awakening at the same time (for example 4:31 am ) on a nightly basis 3-4 nights in a row?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes I have. I used to wake up at exactly 6:27 every morning. I dont think it means anything significant. Maybe that your body is just well-trained into waking at a certain time.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I agree. To me it means one of two things:

Either you have an alarm in your house (which could be nothing more than an old wrist watch with the alarm set and stuffed back in a closet) that is waking you up,

or you have a rigid internal timeclock. I usually wake up about the same time every morning, and beat my alarm clock by three minutes...even on weekends when I don't have the alarm clock set. Of course, I make myself say "damn! I don't need to get up" and fall back asleep.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
its probably the electronic feild in the alarm gettin ready to trigger the sound that disturbs ur sleep pattern

try setting your alarm to a different time to see if u beet that time by 3 min

[edit on 24-9-2004 by elliott reid]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
recon its just you body clock

I set my alarm for 7:00 am in mornig during week

then on a saturday when I can have a ly-in I wakeup at 6:58
and really p.i.s.s.e.s me off
What a load of W.A.N.K.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yup, agree with all of you...
i wake up for school exactley at 6:47. I have been doing this for 13 days in a row, with or without school. Also i dosn't seem to matter what time i go to bed, i always wke up at 6:47!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Your body follows its circadian rhythm, which is like an internal clock. Most people go into REM at around 2400, 0200-0300, and 0500-0600. When your body is in REM sleep (when you dream), your brain paralyzes the non-essential muscles in your body so that you do not act out your dreams. Many people have a problem with the relaxed tissue closing up their airway, and choking them in their sleep. Snoring is an indication that this is happening. When this occurs, your brain will wake to a higher stage of sleep, to protect itself, sometimes all the way to being fully awake.

So when I as a sleep tech here someone tell me that they always wake up at 0300 to go to the bathroom, or at 0500 right before their alarm, it usually indicates to me that they most likely have sleep apnea. Go have a sleep study done, and find out if this is happening to you. Like I said another indicator is snoring, especially when you are on your back.

[edit on 9/25/2004 by defcon5]

[edit on 9/25/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Think it sucks waking up on a weekend?? I used to do a driving job, and not even a week into it had gone by before I used to get something similar.
It wasn't that I used to wake up at the same time, but as the vehicle was an automatic. All I only used my right foot.
Since I know a little about dreaming I know it was a repetition thing that was allowing me to recognise a lucid dream. Situation always the same, I'm driving and have to brake heavily for some reason or other. This would happen a number of time before waking up with major cramp as I could feel my foot had been performing the action of braking, along with many times of it still doing so as I woke.

So yeah have that interupt your sleep everynight for a good few weeks, then waking up a few minutes before your due will feel heavenly.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I always seem to wake up 10 minutes before my alarm is meant to go. I guess your body clock gets used to doing it by itself for a while, and it's certainly nice to know you can have another 10 minutes of shut eye.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been off work for a week now, and am still waking up roughly 5.30am in the mornings and cant really get back to sleep.

It's the body clock that kicks in, its telling saying that you should be waking up at that time, even if your not going to bed until 2am, it will still wake you up!!!!

Such is life..............

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What about the old set the alarm for 07:00 and wake up at 06:59 trick?
Do that all the time, wake up and brain says click....then clock goes click, BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP...snooze

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by feygan
Think it sucks waking up on a weekend?? I used to do a driving job, and not even a week into it had gone by before I used to get something similar.
It wasn't that I used to wake up at the same time, but as the vehicle was an automatic. All I only used my right foot.
Since I know a little about dreaming I know it was a repetition thing that was allowing me to recognise a lucid dream. Situation always the same, I'm driving and have to brake heavily for some reason or other. This would happen a number of time before waking up with major cramp as I could feel my foot had been performing the action of braking, along with many times of it still doing so as I woke.

So yeah have that interupt your sleep everynight for a good few weeks, then waking up a few minutes before your due will feel heavenly.

Waking up with a leg cramp is another sign of sleep Apnea. Again your body will try to wake itself by causing your limbs to flail around while you sleep, this is called Periodic Limb Movements (PLM�s). If you are waking with a cramp in your leg, it�s most likely because you have been kicking your foot throughout the night, and not been aware of if. Waking up with headache�s is another good sign, and so is waking up remembering what you dreamt. If you can remember what you where dreaming it means that you woke straight from REM, and did not spend time in another NREM stage of sleep before having an arousal.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I have a habit of waking up around 3:30. I've never had to wake up that early before. I will go for months and months of waking up between 3:10 and 3:40, then it'll start to get a little later until it gets to like 4:30 and then I'll be fine for awhile and sleep how ever long I want. Then it starts again. It doesn't matter how much sleep I had, I can stay up until 2 am and still wake around 3:30. It gets to the point that I will make myself stay up past 4 just so I can sleep through the night. Either that or go to bed REALLY early so it doesn't matter if I wake up and can't go back to sleep.

top topics

join