It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic world confidence in Obama is slipping: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Islamic world confidence in Obama is slipping: poll

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - A year after President Barack Obama sought a new beginning with the Islamic world in a speech from Cairo, confidence in the U.S. leader has dropped sharply in many Muslim countries, according to surveys released on Thursday.

U.S. favorability ratings in allies Egypt, Turkey and Pakistan hover at about 17 percent, while confidence in Obama in those three countries was 33 percent, 23 percent and 8 percent respectively, surveys by the Pew Global Attitudes project found.

Obama's favor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Obama once had many people's hopes high, and now...well in the past few weeks we have seen many dissatisfied with his performance to date, including liberals, and now the Islamic countries are expressing their lack of confidence as well.

I think this lack of confidence is being seen in many countries attitudes as of late, especially in the middle east. Turkey, Israel, Iran, etc are all going off and doing their own thing. And even in Afghanistan and Pakistan and their relations with the Taliban.

And here is one of the troubling parts of this article.

By comparison, people in Egypt and Jordan gave al Qaeda a higher favorability rating than the United States.

IMO if Obama is going to turn his Presidency around in the right direction, he needs to throw the teleprompters away and get down into the mix before the world slips away from him.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
But I thought Obama IS a Muslim! Surely they would support their own?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

You would think. That's one thing I thought interesting about this, is that if he is losing confidence amongst his own, then he really needs to go into the desert and have some serious soul searching.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why should it have been strong in first place.

The best they can hope for is that obama damages america, like alot of modern presidents have.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

You would think. That's one thing I thought interesting about this, is that if he is losing confidence amongst his own, then he really needs to go into the desert and have some serious soul searching.

Obama has no soul.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

That is good. We can unite around our disdain for Obama with the other Muslim nations. Finally, a possible bridge to peace!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You know...I hadn't thought about it that way.

We have been needing common ground.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Obama is just another face for TPTB thats all and is it any wonder the islamic world is getting tired with the USA when americia vetos any UN resolution against Iserail because too many politicains are getting bribes from the zionists.

Lets at least have a level playing field and i also note Russia is not too happy with the USA just now.

Time to take them nukes back you gave Iserail and america realy needs to stop pushing everyone around else it will have half the world as an enermy and the only freind in the world will be Iserail and i don't fancey the USA chances on taking half the world on all alone do you.

I bet Cubans are not too happy also and those sanctions should had been lifted a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
i don't fancey the USA chances on taking half the world on all alone do you.

On paper, it would be a total bloodbath. I am not even sure that the casualties for the US would be significant enough to threaten the full operation of any element of our capability.

I don't say this with pride, i say this with honesty: the destructive power of the US is beyond the comprehension of just about anyone outside of the west, and even then i would bet that most either don't consider it, or just cannot fathom it.

I am not even talking nukes, or Top Secret tech. Just using conventional, current methods.

I would guess that either English isn't your first language, or you haven't read enough on politics to really understand (based on your spelling of the word "Israel"). I do not say this to pick on you, only to illustrate that you may need to read further on the subject to begin to understand.

Regarding your first paragraph, i cannot disagree with much other than the concept of the bribes. There are no bribes from Israel. Only official policy, which is put in place by the same PTB that you referenced. Our elected leaders are nothing more than puppets, as the only power they wield deals with smallish, minor issues. The major things such as Israel, energy policy, etc, that comes from a "higher source". Many on this forum believe that to be the remnants of the Roman patriarchy.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I would venture a guess that he has lost confidence in every community, but what do I know I'm only a voter.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

I would tend to agree with you.

There are many voters who thought they were getting something good and are waking up to the fact they got another dud. Then I'm not really sure he is the one truly in charge anyway. Just another front.

top topics

join