It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop all the Bad Attitude towards Americans!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
partly i agree. i can understand that people being fed up by those 'opinions' personally i don't give a, another word for reproducing. i respect their shallowness.
come on let that people bash if that is their way of expressing. harsh words that are the real thoughts, no matter if they are right or wrong, show who you are clashing with. opinions in a coat of social acceptness, blur the person.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by Now_Then
I just watched a bunch of clips where America lynched the BP CEO - a CEO of a company that is mostly American....

I think that BP is only 34 or 36% US owned.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77fcec5674c8.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

You'd think wrong then

BP is an American company.... as much as they are a British one.

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oh please,
Your starting to sound like an Israeli.

Stop being a crybaby.

What about the bad attitude some Americans have to the rest of the world.
Try growing a thicker skin.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I personally think that most Americans (the people that is) are the first ones to jump up and help other countries who have experienced disasters natural or otherwise.

But when something bad happens them all they get is a "Shut up, stop whining, you deserve it, you didn't do this or fix that"?

I'm sorry, but they can't fix everyones problems, the media deliberatly doesn't show them what their greedy corperations and government is doing around the world. I'm sure many people here just found out about the devestating oil leaks and spills in Nigeria. I know I did.

They deserve some compassion in this crisis. They are human beings just like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
You'd think wrong then

BP is an American company.... as much as they are a British one.

Hmmmm.....last time I checked, "mostly" usually meant 50% or more.

But thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm not commenting on the "mostly" part and yes, a majority shareholder would have to own 51%..... but people keep referring to BP as British Petroleum (which is not it's name) and saying things about if it were an American company and how BP is a foreign company and so on....

It's not.... The ownership is nearly equally American and British, that was my point.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I guess it really depends on how deep you look into those numbers, once a multinational company gets as big as BP it's an entity on to it's own... Still it's an american problem, the british in british petrolium is just a trade name.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
.... the poster is right: America has done so much damage to the world.

And anything good is forgotten, just like anything bad any other country does.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by Hatcookie

i disagree with you on that. i think if you would divide the gift on the population it is not so different then other countries. only good people do give gifts. and they are everywhere. to go on with your post, i know bp is actually off topic but ok. i knew about nigeria, so that is why i stated in another thread that the bright side of this disaster is that it is our own backyard. and we only tend to solve problems and point fingers when it hit us.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

BP hasn't been called British Petroleum for almost 10 years now.

They merged in 98 with Amoco and officially changed the name to BP plc in 2001.... I think that the lettering refers to Beyond Petroleum now.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

.... I think that the lettering refers to Beyond Petroleum now.

I think it means, "Big Problem" now.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

BP hasn't been called British Petroleum for almost 10 years now.

I know mate... But depends on how you look at it, even Obama repeatedly called BP 'British Petrolium'

edit - and it was interesting to see the new CEO on telly today, new to the job, I think he would be referred to as a 'patsy' lol

[edit on 17/6/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I know mate... But depends on how you look at it, even Obama repeatedly called BP 'British Petrolium'

Obama also called US Navy Corpsmen "Corpse-men".

He's no rocket scientist, that's for sure. And whoever briefs him before speaking ought to be shot for that BP error.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I know man.... which is just having a dig at the British.

He tries to say, as others do, that this is not anti-British and none of the rhetoric is anti-British and yet they keep calling BP British Petroleum...

It's becoming really tiresome now... that's why I've posted in most of these threads that BP is not a British company.

I hate it when these things become and "Us and Them" thing.... instead of BP just being an oil company.... they have to be a British oil company ( which they're not, at least no more than an American one) and people have to keep having digs at the British.

It's got stupid on both sides.... and I think we need to remember that the enemy is Big business and Greed..... the kind of Corporations that S*** on the little guy and only care about profits in these kinds of disasters...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
hi everyone,

i'm disgusted at lots of the comments i've been reading over the last few weeks regarding Americans, especially in some of the "Gulf Crisis" threads.

i'm willing to bet i'm more disgusted with the manditory expectations placed upon american newborns to conform to "freedom" only by complying to laws that number so great no child can live long enough to learn them. americans' definition of freedom is fundamentally flawed.

Some ATS Members seem hell bent on Personally Attacking members for their own view on the Gulf of Mexico situation and it is being linked to them being americans.

if the shoe fits. i mean you americans only account for less than 2% of the entire world's human population, yet you americans consume more than 20% of the oil reserves on the planet.

remember, we all have differing opinions, and while we can have heated debates, we must maintain respect for each other whilst doing so.

sure, respect = to look at it again ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A brief history of “common sense”.

Actions speak louder than words. This means if what a person actually does is inconsistent with what a person says, don’t believe what they say more than what they choose to do.

Friends do not mandatorily expect friends to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn. This is not an example of loving friends. This is not an example of making one feel welcome or at “home”.

Family does not mandatorily expect family to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn. This is not an example of loving family. This is not an example of making one feel welcome or at “home”.

So, technically, logically, … if an American isn’t my friend, and an American isn’t my family… then what is an “American”, aside from not welcoming and not “home”?

Freedom is not defined by the requirements of conforming to a system that has more laws than any child born today can live long enough to learn before they die.

Yet, American doesn’t only pander such expectations, but they do enforce such a definition of freedom by means of war, courts of laws, in how many other countries these days?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by signal2noise

i haven't forgot china, north korea, australia, indonesia, india, egypt, former yugoslavia, ussr and rusia, golden age, iran, irak, rwamda, belgium, israel, argentina, suriname, libya, etc so what are you talking about. maybe i forgot how to spell their names though. it is funny how a lot of threads are turned into a bp discussion. the op stated a clear subject. bashing because of nationality only fixed on americans. blaming bp or anyone else doesn't solve OUR oil problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The sentiment is truly appreciated, man, but at this point I think we're all pretty much used to it.

People who attempt to use someone's country of origin against them only make themselves look stupid.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Amazing america kills the most people internationally out of any country everyday. They torture all over the world against people that have nothing to do with them.

Amazing, bush was not the first to torture from america, america has always done this.

Yeah, and America also GIVES more aid too, Although I am sure it fits into their agenda of sorts, I am American and the Government is f#%*k%# but most of the people of this Nation still care about what this country was founded on. I don't agree with the direction this country is going and a lot of the leaders are money hungry robots with dual citizenship's with Israel.

What it boils down to is, We are all human beings and we should unite as a whole to make this planet a better place. If this world was invaded by hostile aliens, Would we stand together as human beings or stay divided as enemies?

All the finger pointing and bashing needs to stop if we intend to reach a type one civilization someday.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by C21H30O2I]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have never seen an American even come close to blaming the British for BP or anyone else. They blame the company, period.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join