It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop all the Bad Attitude towards Americans!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
hi everyone,

i'm disgusted at lots of the comments i've been reading over the last few weeks regarding Americans, especially in some of the "Gulf Crisis" threads.

Some ATS Members seem hell bent on Personally Attacking members for their own view on the Gulf of Mexico situation and it is being linked to them being americans.

I'm not an American, but I hate it when I see anyone from any Country being labelled in a bad way depending on their own point of view on a subject.

Hopefully this will be something that can be nipped in the butt and not continue here.

remember, we all have differing opinions, and while we can have heated debates, we must maintain respect for each other whilst doing so.

g

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have seen ALOT of inflamatory posts over the past few days..i was thinking at first that it was just disturbed civilians Chumming for stars or flags..But the more i see these posts trying to incite some sort of nationality tensions, the more i am beginning to think they are for the most part paid DIA.
they are using the same tactics that they have perfected over the years Distract Divide and Conquor...if we keep argueing with each other how can we begin to solve any real problems??

~meathead

Edit to ADD: i would also like to say its in my opinion not american bashing that is the problem..its ALL bashing back and forth in an effort to derail threads. Or Threads themselves that are designed to get other people argueing and resort to patriotic chest beating instead of using that brainpower to tackle REAL ISSUES.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I like what this thread is about.
I however would just like to chime in and say that the bad comments about Americans, or American bashing, as it has been called in the past, is no where near as bad as it use to be. Some will still go on at times, or at times targeting another nation or culture. The staff hear does do a pretty good job stopping things when it gets to far out of hand. Because of that those who just want to bash people don't usually stick around to long.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yer! I've noticed a lot of hostility towards Armenians lately and it just wont do! Afterall, we are all working together here for a common goal and we should never single out anyone in particular, especially the Armenians who in my opinion are....oh, Americans not Armenians...my bad :shk:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Amazing america kills the most people internationally out of any country everyday. They torture all over the world against people that have nothing to do with them.

Amazing, bush was not the first to torture from america, america has always done this.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As far as I'm cncerned, it's not Americans, it's the American government.

I'm even more harsh on my own government,

Criticism of a system isn't necessarily criticism of the people who live in the system.

Most of my firends on here are American, and I respect them deeply.

It may be true that some people fail to differentiate between government and people, but hey, it works both ways

Don't let it get to you mate - it's the nature of the beast when you post on any forum, but particularly so on a forum as popular as this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Thank you so much for addressing this. I think we all need to take a step back and remember that we are all humans here. If we continue to fight and blame each other over the actions of our Governments and Corporations, we will be falling into a trap that is hard to escape from.

To those that Hate:

Remember: The Governments and the Corporations caused this NOT the common people. I am American and I harbor no bad feelings whatsoever toward the British people as a result of this oil leak. I also recognize that BP has many Americans working under its logo.

I hope there are no hard feelings toward us common citizens in either direction. If people want to hate America's elite that's fine by me

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Negotium of Verum]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I've only noticed it getting worse in the last wee while, especially with the Oil Situation.

There's almost a bit of UK v's USA thing going on, and it is not good that this is happening at all.

Even if we think the opposite than someone else, we are all still in this same site together, searching for the same common goal of truth.

Lets not have things build up to be as bad as you say they were in the past.

g

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Criticism of a system isn't necessarily criticism of the people who live in the system

I agree with your comments Budski, but lots of comments are being aimed directly at the people, due to the governments actions. It's not nice and not fair.

g

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You should see some of the posts against the British. We have had the WW2 card played several times and one member who wanted to carpet bomb London using B52s - nice bunch!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It cuts both ways man... I think most people on this site are intelligent enough to separate the actions of companies/corporations and governments from the views and feelings of the people.

You always get confrontation on here over sensitive issues and unfortunately people get very nationalistic in these kinds of situations... there is a lot of stress and crap going on in the world right now and people seem to be on the defensive and Take-no-crap-mode.... It'll pass I'm sure.

And we'll all be like the coca-cola advert again.... all holding hands and singing

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Amazing america kills the most people internationally out of any country everyday. They torture all over the world against people that have nothing to do with them.

Amazing, bush was not the first to torture from america, america has always done this.

You can't hold individual americans accountable for that. The same as we don't hold you individually responsible for your govts actions
ehh we all know its just the trend of the moment, a week ago it is was israel, the north koreans, the iranians, and so on and so forth.
You can bash me all ya want I don't mind, but I am armed!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

"Amazing america kills the most people internationally out of any country everyday. They torture all over the world against people that have nothing to do with them.

Amazing, bush was not the first to torture from america, america has always done this."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your post is a perfect example of what i talked about in my original post.

You are obviously trolling for an american to defend bush and derail this topic from its true purpose..Bravo thanks for proving the point..

~meathead

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by budski

Criticism of a system isn't necessarily criticism of the people who live in the system

I agree with your comments Budski, but lots of comments are being aimed directly at the people, due to the governments actions. It's not nice and not fair.

g

What power does the government have without the people?

The Government or the president doesn't have any authority unless the people comply.

The people of the United States are as guilty as the authority who gives the orders,because the people comply. We can't blame the authority for the things we do for them. We have to take the blame for everything we do. That is the harsh reality.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I don't see that post as attacking Americans at all, only America. There is nothing wrong with that; the poster is right: America has done so much damage to the world. But attacking individuals within that country who have done nothing wrong is pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Screw the Americans.... seriously blaming everyone else having a tantrum and sticking their lower lip out.

There is a little place in the middle east where a load of jewish people do the same thing... I just watched a bunch of clips where America lynched the BP CEO - a CEO of a company that is mostly American
- Your 'progressive' moves such as self regulation are simply pushing the bottom costs down while keeping revenue high -seriously your asking for all the trouble you get but you will never never hold your hands up and take responsibility - it's every one else's fault when it goes wrong and look at us when it goes right.

As far as nations go America is a pain in the arse teenager - pull your trousers up, get a job and a hair cut.

edit:

Originally posted by signal2noise
Annnnddd it only took about four posts until someone starting to run their suck about the US. Thanks! We were looking for someone to serve as a bad example.

oh bless, even now they want a ticker tape parade

[edit on 17/6/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Annnnddd it only took about four posts until someone starting to run their suck about the US. Thanks! We were looking for someone to serve as a bad example.

Doesn't matter what the US does, someone is going to start complaining from the get-go. Disaster happens in some country? Well, the US didn't act quick enough, didn't supply enough aid, and doesn't leave quick enough to suit some people.

Go figure.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wonder how many times over the last 9 years Americans have been on this and other forums saying bad things about "Towel heads" and saying kill them all?

They still do it now.... Hell of a lot more than the other way round. Deny the ignorant!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
its true, americans take alot of stick from alot of people, i think we should all get along just gravy and not rub tings in each others faces, but England 1-1 USA
clearly not happy, we deserved the win

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Screw the Americans.... seriously blaming everyone else having a tantrum and sticking their lower lip out.

Actually, here on wonderful ATS, everyone seems to blame the US for everything. Two countries go to war, well, damn it, the US has to be involved somehow!!!

Originally posted by Now_Then
I just watched a bunch of clips where America lynched the BP CEO - a CEO of a company that is mostly American....

I think that BP is only 34 or 36% US owned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join