It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chose between this rock and a hard place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know it is in the right place ..mods move if you need to..

Alright ATS here is the situation,,,

You as head of the government have a choice,

You know that thousands of people are suffering and will die..

Do you let them suffer? Ruthless

OR

Be humane and kill them to ease thier suffering? Ruthless but Pasionate

Now before you answer you also have to consider what the rest of the world will think of your choice..

I want others imput before I make up my mind

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Most of the time gov kills and no one knows.

The uk gov microwaved loads of irish for no reason other than they are irish in there homes.

Murderers

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

To answer such a question , you would really need to flesh it out some more.

===============

To : andy1033

Where is the proof Andy ? ...... anything .

Are you an Irish immigrant , living in England , or are you an English citizen born of Irish parents ?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

the people should have a choice.

If they want to suffer then let them suffer.

if they want it quick , then let it be quick.

personally, i would suffer for an extra moment of life.

edit: Are you in a government Position needing Advice?
obama?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

We know this now?

All the death row and life sentence inmates are being detained for their entire lives and forced to suffer through that detainment instead of putting them to sleep.

The 100's of 1000's of homeless people living on the streets are suffering and dying in terrible conditions. Occasionally some are saved or helped in mental facilities, but the majority just linger on and die miserably, and we don't put them to sleep.

The old folks homes (nursing homes) are home to 100s of 1000s of people that lie around and moan and crap themselves. They linger on for months and sometimes years not recognizing their own families and suffering in pain. We don't put them to sleep.

If you are trying to connect this thread to a bunch of able bodied, tax paying residents of the Gulf Coast (like me) and you think those are the only two options, you better look out! AND, a very large amount of our high tech, highly trained military is along the Gulf Coast in the panhandle, and believe me, they better not try to forcefully evacuate, or execute anybody along here!

Just look at Okaloosa County as an example. Home to Eglin Air Force Base, Ranger Training, C-130 Gunships, Hellfire Missiles, and a bunch of Southern Rednecks that voted unanimously to ignore Government recommendations and build their own barrier to protect East Bay and Destin Harbor.

Think the Government will dare test the loyalties of all those trained and armed men and women in that county? Or think they will just turn a blind eye to some citizens protecting their community?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Irish decent, found out that england uses electronic mind control in schools in 1992.

I do not care for your proof aspect, why should i care. The english are masters at killing with these weapons, no human rights for innocent people at all. They have proven this in my last 18 years.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No I am not anyone in the military...Nor will I ever be again.

I was just curious on others opinion with this choice.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The government, or at least the U.S. government, does not exist for the purpose of killing people to prevent their suffering. That's my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I want others imput before I make up my mind

My advice would be to communicate with the people who will be affected by your decision, rather than random strangers on the internet.

However, in general, when choosing between a rock and a hard place I find that it's usually best to Choose the third option.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Most of the time gov kills and no one knows.

The uk gov microwaved loads of irish for no reason other than they are irish in there homes.

Murderers

Proof Andy please....for the thousandth time. I'm intrigued about the size of this microwave they apparently used.

Also, if the government kills most of the time and no-one knows about it...how do you know?

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Theres a reason those word leaders go to that cremation of care cerimony at bohemian grove, its so that they can try and rid their conscience of making decisions that we would be horrified at making.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Do no harm.... What is the greater harm? Suffering from a painful 100% fatal disease or putting someone out of their misery. Becasue you don't give a specific situation it's impossilbe to say. If the people are suffering from malnutrition, we feed them. If it's 100% fatal disease give them a choice, suffer or we'll Kavorkian you.

The bottom line is free will. If these people would rather go away in their sleep with no pain that's their choice. If they want to suffer and embrace every last second of life then allow that too.

My 2 grandfathers. One was paralyzed and one was in agonizing untreatable pain. The 1st laid in bed and suffered for 2 years, begging for someone to put him out of his misery. I was a teenager. I wish I had the balls to help him. THe 2nd took a .357 magnum put it in his mouth and blew out his brainstem.

THe only time I think it's appropriate to assist in suicide is when the person is incompetent to perform the act themselves. Making the decision to murder someone because you know better than them about their suffering is wrong.

new topics

top topics

join