It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No toy soldiers under school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No toy soldiers under school

www.msnbc.msn.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Christan Morales says her son just wanted to honor American troops when he wore a hat to school decorated with an American flag and small plastic Army figures.

But the hat ran afoul of the district's no-weapons policy because the toy soldiers were carrying tiny weapons.

"His teacher called and said it wasn't appropriate because it had guns," Morales said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think this is extreme and to compare it to a pot leaf on a shirt or a alcohol logo is a stretch.

But what else would I expect from a government run school, they are teaching our kids that guns and the military is wrong.

Im pro gun and pro military [unless they start rounding us up or killing us] when I was a kid we could take our GI Joes to school, but I guess if you do it now the authorities might get called in.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The real concern is that Ms. Morales will continue to send her son to public schools, even after this incident, and therein lies the real problem. As long as the public keeps sending their children to state owned and controlled public school systems this will not change, and only get worse.

As long as the public continue to acquiesce to the state, this acquiescence is legally construed as tacit approval. There are all kinds of excuses why people cannot take their children out of public schools, but they are only excuses, and they become excuses as to why the state must keep doing precisely what it is doing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And once again, the PC Police in the US strike again.

Just goes to show you that some people are having trouble filling the spare time they have on their hands.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i agree with the teacher
these things can poke an eye out if not carefull

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5221d19fdad0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This teacher needs to be fired
then this school district needs to be boycotted

either that or we need to ban lincoln logs and legos too, because they encourage building, which involves tools, which are dangerous.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yes, your right. And, we should outlaw pencils as well, as they can also poke an eye out. How about fingers, they are just as bad?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join