It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donkey lady

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
does anyone remember the story aboutthe donkey lady? there were several version and as the years have gone by i have tried to tell the story to my children and cant remember.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
do you mean donkey dude or the donkey show? terribly horrifying you might wanna leave jr. and susie in the dark for while on these ones

peace

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A search produced a few results.

Down in an area near San Antonio, there is the Legend of the "Donkey Lady". She is reportedly the spirit of a horribly mutated woman appearing as almost that of a half woman, half donkey. She is reported to haunt a bridge in the woods south of town, and this location has become a hotspot for local thrill seekers both young and old.

www.angelfire.com...

donkeylady.diaryland.com...

lonestar.texas.net...

Legend has it that there was an unusually cruel and profane woman who lived by the banks of the Medina River. She was abusive to her elderly mother both verbally and physically and hated people in general.

"A Meeting With the Donkey Lady"

www.popeye-x.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. I intend on reading about it and checking it out. However, it doesnt sound legit. I'm skeptical when it comes to ghosts, although I do believe in them.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't know about Donkey Lady, but I met 'Toad Woman' once and she's a nasty old cow. (See KayEm's Blog for more info).

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder if the lady that does the "Donkey Show" down in Mexico could be considered the "Donkey Lady"

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
I wonder if the lady that does the "Donkey Show" down in Mexico could be considered the "Donkey Lady"

It would make sence to me to call her the donkey lady

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Milk, if that's true is a clear cut case of 'Animule abuse'.

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. I intend on reading about it and checking it out. However, it doesnt sound legit. I'm skeptical when it comes to ghosts, although I do believe in them.

It's not supposed to be real. STAR wants the story of the Donkey Lady to tell to his children. He must have got something out of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
It's not supposed to be real. STAR wants the story of the Donkey Lady to tell to his children. He must have got something out of it.

Theres slivers of truth to every legend.

But on a side note-HAH, i knew it wasnt real!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Milk, if that's true is a clear cut case of 'Animule abuse'.

Sanc'.

Hahahaha props man, props

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Living in San Antonio all my life, I have heard all the different stories of the Donkey Lady since i can remember. She is famous around town, right up there with The Lachusa, La Llorona, The Cupacabra, & The Ghost Tracks ... all stories you hear growing up. Strangely enough, most center around the southside's various missions so they are just a short drive away...the perfect cure for boredom.

This website has the story i remember hearing the most about the donkey lady. A car-crash victim who lost her kids and was horribly disfigured in the fire. Her hatred for people continues to this day.

www.theshadowlands.net...

San Antonio - Old Stone Ridge Rd - If you drive down this street at night with your lights off en route to the old children's cemetery, strange things happen. Once, the locks on the doors of our car went up and down. And they weren't automatic locks. Supposedly, the Donkey Lady is responsible for the hauntings. Killed and badly mangled in an auto wreck when some friends of hers were driving down the road one night with no lights on, she haunts the woods around the area and protects the souls of the small children buried in the cemetery.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow
. . . . crazy story! I dont believe it though, there must be some truth somewhere though.

top topics

join