It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

*HOT VIDEO* 1 Billion Barrels Ready to Burst Forth Anytime

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
BP Gulf Oil Spill Cam 06-16-2010 06:26P 1 Billion Barrels Ready to Burst Forth Anytime



Comment on youtube:

"June 16, 2010 — The sea-floor around this well is letting loose. Oil is seeping out of cracks in the rock formation below the well. Just have a look a what they are looking at. "


IF VIDEO STOPS WORKING (PLEASE NOTE):

I hit the youtube link button, and a error message appeared that said, "Embedding disabled by request." DID BP PAY YOUTUBE do diable the embedding link for this video?

www.youtube.com...




posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There is no way to tell when this thing will come apart. It is common sense to understand that if they do cap the well, then the pressure has to go somewhere. The pressure will immediately be put to the weakest point, which seems to be the cracks in the sea floor. In all honesty, I do not see how they can fix the integrity of the well. The problem is not in the head of the well. It is much deeper than that and the oil coming out of the cracks are solid proof.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
BP Gulf Oil Spill Cam 06-16-2010 07:17P Huge Sub Surface Oil Plumes at 4985 feet

www.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Embedded videos don't get any view counts from what I read a bit ago since youtube changed it. Probably the poster wanted to know how many people are seeing it or something.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Goddamn, need more HD videos.

Is there any sites where you can watch ROV cams in better quality?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by trolleleet]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug
 


If there really is 1 Billion barrels held under ground and building pressure as we speak, then I would say goodbye to all of the gulf. I am sure that would trigger massive tsunamis. Is this the reason they might be preparing for a mass evacuation?



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet
 


you think BP wants everyone to see their folly in High Def... LOL!!!

Imagine that! I wish we could see it too though.

You know they have it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by elcapitano75]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hoagland may very well be right on the money with his predictions and his supposed inside sources on this one. Huge tsunamis... massive he says. And this coupled with the gulf region being not very high above sea level.. this could get real ugly. So if evacuations are being planned on a massive scale, in secret even. i totally understand why.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The oil the Deepwater Horizon rig was tapping is 2 - 2.5 miles below the Ocean floor, it's extremely unlikely a section of the floor that thick will just give way and collapse leading to massive tsunamis... The worst that will happen is once/if the well is capped the amount of oil leaking from the floor will increase and there will be no way to stop it. For all we know the Ocean floor could have been leaking for years, it looks like such a small amount that being so deep it could've gone unnoticed for a very long time.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry I'm still on the Nuke wagon...



I know, you all have probably seen this video a million times but I'm sure you also noticed that natural gas started leaking around the well. The nuke fixed it....

There is plenty of nice hard solid rock in the sea floor for this to work.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DaMod]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
I'm sorry I'm still on the Nuke wagon...



I know, you all have probably seen this video a million times but I'm sure you also noticed that natural gas started leaking around the well. The nuke fixed it....

There is plenty of nice hard solid rock in the sea floor for this to work.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DaMod]


Some are speculating that there is a methane bubble just under the surface near the spill. Could the use of nukes release it? This must be factored into the equation, I feel.

Of course the existence of the methane bubble is speculation, it may not be there.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by chorizo4]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4
 


Well the nuke would never touch a drop of oil nor would it touch the well. How this works is you drill down beside the well a good distance out (and not at a depth that would penetrate the well underneath). Once the nuke is detonated the shock wave forces impermeable strata into the well forcing it closed.

It wouldn't even have to be a big nuke. Plus in this video they closed a natural gas well. Methane is present there as well. I'm sure it wouldn't take a scientist to convince you that natural gas (basically just methane) is far more explosive than oil.

The radiation would be sealed safely under the seabed after wards. I'm not saying this will work 100% but either way this oil is going to escape. All of it. We need to do something and IMHO this is the best solution.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DaMod]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DaMod]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod
 


When the area is evacuated for a routine hurricane event they might try the nukes. Might work.

It might just work!

I have problems with it though. Here's an analogy from gambling. You are at the 5.00 craps table and you are getting your ass kicked. The 200 dollar buy in you made looks pretty bad. But wait! Over there is a 25 dollar craps table. A few good hits and you will be straight.

What happens next?

It's hard to press up your luck when you have none.

I would advise Obama to be conservative at this point, remember your first loss is always the cheapest. A trillion dollars, two trillion dollars, they can always print up more money. Clean up the oil spill, try relief wells, try again. They basically are playing for the entire "bankroll" here. Play "tight poker" here. Even if this spill costs this country half of it's available cash to fix, they still have half left.



[edit on 17-6-2010 by chorizo4]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4
 


Well, how many nukes do we have per say just sitting there doing nothing? They are already made and paid for.

How much more money will the cleanup cost if we give this say 2 more months? 10 months? Years?

If the costs are the problem then wouldn't it be more cost effective to act now?

That oil is going to pour out of that well nonstop until there is no more oil to spew. This is not a tanker here, this is a full rich deposit of oil. There is an unbelievable amount of that stuff down there.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DaMod]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1ghtCr4wl3r
reply to post by Gold_Bug
 


If there really is 1 Billion barrels held under ground and building pressure as we speak, then I would say goodbye to all of the gulf. I am sure that would trigger massive tsunamis. Is this the reason they might be preparing for a mass evacuation?


could be up to 3 billion according to this New York Times Article

or 4-6 billion according to this one



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man1fesT
The oil the Deepwater Horizon rig was tapping is 2 - 2.5 miles below the Ocean floor, it's extremely unlikely a section of the floor that thick will just give way and collapse leading to massive tsunamis... The worst that will happen is once/if the well is capped the amount of oil leaking from the floor will increase and there will be no way to stop it. For all we know the Ocean floor could have been leaking for years, it looks like such a small amount that being so deep it could've gone unnoticed for a very long time.


BP admits it can't cap the well or it might blow

The reservoir is estimated to contain from 3-6 BILLION barrels of oil



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod
 


A couple of micro nukes might be worth a try. But they have to wait until the two relief wells are dug to come close then use them as nuke chutes. If they try to jam a nuke down the main line through the BOP it might just get sandblasted to nothing before they could get it deep enough.

The big question is, "Do you feel lucky?"

If they use the nukes I would suggest some around the clock prayer action in advance. If they burst a methane bubble with a nuke, well.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I bet thats what this document is about...evacuation codes for the rich people if something disasterous happens.

Link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
reply to post by DaMod
 


A couple of micro nukes might be worth a try. But they have to wait until the two relief wells are dug to come close then use them as nuke chutes. If they try to jam a nuke down the main line through the BOP it might just get sandblasted to nothing before they could get it deep enough.

You may be on to something there. maybe the "relief" wells are chutes to drop a nuke down through. But then again if what they drill is only an few inches around, then maybe not. But calling it a relief well would be a good way to hide the truth.


[edit on 17-6-2010 by modelerX]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Goddamn, need more HD videos.

Is there any sites where you can watch ROV cams in better quality?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by trolleleet]


Not Hi Def but better than anything I've seen thus far. All the cams (12 of them) on one page. Click to go full screen on the thumbnail views.

All ROV Cams One Page




top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join