It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Caught Flashing Lights, Speeding To Get Coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Which is why it is against the law to use a cellphone without a hands free device while driving up here.

Common sense should dictate that all states should adopt this law as you stated.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm glad this cop caught caught. Like many others, I see this happen all the time. Literally every day. I think there are a lot more "bad apples" nowadays than good.

However, I think it may have more to do with departments and areas. For example, the LEO's in my town are mainly bad apples, with a few good ones. In other towns, there are mainly good apples, with a few bad. Some towns have it equal, etc.

I think that's where alot of arguments arise on ATS, since some of us may be from an area with a bad department, some from a good department. From my experience in the NJ/NY area, I would say that the bad apples by far exceed the good. When I went to PA, it seemed like the opposite.

With that said, there are two big motives in being an LEO. To help the community, or to gain power over the community. Seeing that more people nowadays would rather fulfull their ego than help those in need, it's no wonder there are so many bad apples. However, there are MANY good apples, and nobody should ever paint LEO's with the same brush. I personally treat all LEO's whom I've never encountered with respect, unless they are disrespecting me.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

I personally treat all LEO's whom I've never encountered with respect, unless they are disrespecting me.

I find that it is a good rule of thumb to extend respect to anyone, no matter who they are, no matter how they act.

I remember a quote:

One must set the example, even in the face of stupidity. -anonymous

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Yup, not just LEO's but everybody. Everybody is their own person, and to judge by their position, looks, or actions is not only stereotypical, but ignorant. Everybody in this world deserves to be treated with respect. To me, to disrespect someone is like saying "I'm better than you" indirectly, and I believe that nobody is better than anybody.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Dude you missed the best part of the story!

Chu apparently didn't like being caught on candid camera, so he whipped out his ticket book and handed the councilman a $165 ticket for what Halloran says are trumped-up charges.

"He says, 'you're going to take pictures of me? Well, I'm going to write you a summons,'" Halloran said.

Haha... he gave the councilman a ticket for busting him.

It turns out that Officer Chu has something of a history in the neighborhood. Former NYPD cop Tim Dillon told CBS 2 he was a pallbearer at Gleason's Funeral Home when Chu showed up.

"The family was getting ready to transfer the body from the funeral home to the church," Dillon said. "The traffic agent felt that they were all double-parked. There was a confrontation – he started yelling and screaming at the family members.

"Traffic Agent Chu had a cigarette in his mouth, screaming at everybody. He took his cigarette and flicked it toward the area of the family and indiscriminately just started scanning the cars up and down, cursing at them, yelling at them," Dillon said.

This guy sure sounds like a winner! I don't know if he was a cop though, the article says Traffic Agent (what ever that is?)

All traffic infractions counted he netted 18 points against his license, after 11 you get it revoked lol.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We used to have cops who would turn on the cherries and race to the local Perkins

Pretty boring town though, most of the time they'll sit at one of the 24 hour gas stations on main street and chat.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

hehe let me say I am guilty! (Pun intended!!!)

Dude you missed the best part of the story!

Chu apparently didn't like being caught on candid camera, so he whipped out his ticket book and handed the councilman a $165 ticket for what Halloran says are trumped-up charges.

"He says, 'you're going to take pictures of me? Well, I'm going to write you a summons,'" Halloran said.

Talk about abuse of his officer of the Peace Powers!

Wow your are so right! what a bad bad apple!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here is another Donuts Cop that parked in handicap and when confronted, well just read HERE.

“Get away from me. Get away from me. Get away from me. Get away from me. Get away from me,” Brown began yelling.
“I’ll place you under arrest for disorderly conduct.”

Donuts must be important these days!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
As a citizen if you capture video evidence of something like this, you as a citizen can press charges on the cop for reckless endangerment, or reckless speeding.

I wish I can do that too people driving everyday. You don't know how many idiots are on the road these days. I find it funny also they probably think they are good drivers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join