It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Caught Flashing Lights, Speeding To Get Coffee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Cop Caught Flashing Lights, Speeding To Get Coffee

wcbstv.com

A traffic officer is under investigation, accused of acting above the law.

It all began when a city councilman allegedly caught the agent doing something extremely illegal: using his flashing red lights, and speeding, to buy coffee!

It wasn't a red light camera, but a red-haired councilman who caught traffic agent Daniel Chu red-handed, waltzing out of a Dunkin Donuts the other day with a cup of coffee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well he is the proof that Donuts and Cops go hand in hand. Even breaking the law goes along with the old analogy of cops love donuts.

Now don't get me wrong I know we have a great amount of police officers still dedicated to protecting and serving the public, yet the bad apples sure do look bad these days.

I sure hope the coffee was worth the effort, being he got busted by a councilmen!!

I hope he loses his license.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Those councilmen do it too. Not with the lights but just speeding like demons. The state poli's too.

Between the cops cutting me off and the state reps with their "state house" license plates I must have has a near-death encounter with every 'powerful' person in the state.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Id bet $10 he will get suspended 2 weeks -WITH PAY-..

and I agree..
a large majority of our police are dedicated public servants..
but the bad apples are REALLY showing up in droves..

[edit on 6/17/2010 by KATSUO]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Those councilmen do it too. Not with the lights but just speeding like demons. The state poli's too.

I can image the councilmen do as well, yet again I wish/hope that the people realize that no one is about the law,

Well maybe donuts and coffee at Dunkin Donuts!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bad Cop! No Donut!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KATSUO

It really hurts the men and women that do a great job being officers of the peace when we see and have reports of individuals as this, with no regard for law, I mean COFFEE?
Sheesh what a joke that is!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I live in small town USA.

Our cops abuse their lights and sirens regularly and are almost always speeding through town.

One day I was driving down the 2nd main street of our town and saw a cop flip his lights on and zoom up on me. I pulled over and he went maybe 2 blocks up and turned his lights off. Then he turned around and was going an easy 20mph over the speed limit as he zoomed past me again. Then he stops again (this time in the middle of the road). He turns on his lights again and u-turns going back the direction he was going when he came up on me the first time. He shut his lights off right after he passed me (I was still sitting waiting, because I didn't know what the hell was going on) and then kept speeding all the way to the center of town.

I just sat there watching, wondering what the hell was so important. Then I went about my business and went to the closest gas station to get a soda. Guess who's there? The same cop. Guess what he's doing? Getting a soda.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysinn

I just sat there watching, wondering what the hell was so important. Then I went about my business and went to the closest gas station to get a soda. Guess who's there? The same cop. Guess what he's doing? Getting a soda.

WOW
all that for a soda?? My my shame on him!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There probably on there way to commit murder for there friends afterwards.

Pure animals in the police just destroying lifes for nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As a citizen if you capture video evidence of something like this, you as a citizen can press charges on the cop for reckless endangerment, or reckless speeding.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

As a citizen if you capture video evidence of something like this, you as a citizen can press charges on the cop for reckless endangerment, or reckless speeding

Can they really?

I am sure the councilmen made a complaint yet is that enought to justify charges?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This happens ALL the time around my house. The cops will flash there lights to get through a red light and then turn them off. Makes me angry

Im glad that guy actually got caught doing it. Most of the time nobody ever bothers to turn them in.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Yeah I was surprised the councilmen turned him in, he actually did his job!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by KATSUO

It really hurts the men and women that do a great job being officers of the peace when we see and have reports of individuals as this, with no regard for law, I mean COFFEE?
Sheesh what a joke that is!

Yeah they all do a great job enforcing all the revenue collecting statutes of the state extorting imprisoning and even in some cases killing men and women who have harmed no one all in the name of protecting them... Sigh!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not removing the bad apples really does spoil the whole bunch. You have to search the entire barrel to find a few without a bruise these days.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

You have to search the entire barrel to find a few without a bruise these days.

A little research today showed that the bad apples are increasing moreso everyday.

I hope this trend is short lived.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I saw a cop stopped at the red light. She was texting. I though well at least she's doing it at a red light. But no, as soon as the light turned green, she continued texting as she drove off.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

The distractions while driving these days are all to much. Why anyone would allow themselves to be focused on a text wile lives are at stake amazes me!

Too many accidents are caused by flights of fancy for texts!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by darkelf

The distractions while driving these days are all to much. Why anyone would allow themselves to be focused on a text wile lives are at stake amazes me!

Too many accidents are caused by flights of fancy for texts!

Which is why it is against the law to use a cellphone without a hands free device while driving up here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join