It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Already , I Did Not Cause The Oil Spill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My argument was just to prove a point on how irrational your argument is. Just to show you how ridiculous it is, you have taken responsibility for world war 1, Chernobyl, world war 2, the holocaust and everyone other tragedy he mentioned. Now whose argument is ridiculous?

EDIT: Just to add thank you for furthering my point, you're defense mechanism of insults and brushing things off as dumb if you don't agree with them, just shows you have no right to question my intelligence and integrity. Thanks.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Yes I agree up to this point in my reply we still aren't at fault but here's the kicker. We have a system in place that allows corporations to contribute to our elected officials. Why do we let our representatives turn a blind eye?

This is why we need a system where politicians are completely marginalized, so lobby'ing them would be irrelevant, and where we individually choose what we agree to pay taxes on. Each one of us chooses specifically each and every tiny thing we do or don't support, out of all of the thousands of things we're taxed for currently.

Unless someone has another way to achieve the same end game, this is the only way to do it:

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Consensual Taxation:
No taxes without full consent by the individual.

If you don't support something, don't elect (for yourself) to pay for it! Currently the "elected" Congress / President are completely off the charts funding endless things that if The People had an actual choice they themselves wouldn't fund.

They often say "vote with your pocketbook". I say lets take that concept to the extreme. Imagine if on your IRS form instead of focusing on the check-boxes of 'dependents' you claim, the majority of the ordeal would be a compendium of all of the various things government does, and taxes us for. The form would be more like a book of endless list of checkboxes. In the reality of the situation, there would be so much that people would only have time to flip through trying to find things they actually support.

I argue that this alone would solve pretty much everything. In fact, it would almost negate the need for congress critters and the office of the president, especially as we know it.

More details:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You may be sitting on your ass and that's fine. But don't you dare tell me I am sitting on mine other than to write this. You have know Idea how many decades I have been working and struggling to change the system. You don't know me and I doubt you personally know many people on this site. I hate it when people get on here and tell us we are all sitting on our ass.
How many times have you been to DC this year to try and change things? How many times have you been to your state capitol? How many letters have you written to congress? How often do You call your congressmen?
My oldest son and I have made two trips to DC this year already. We can't even count how many times we have been to the state capitol and had sit down meetings with our congressmen. We are constantly involved in calling,faxing,and letter writing campaigns. My son is going to speak before the state legislature. It took 18 months of hard work for him to achieve that and I am proud of him. I am working hard on the speech with him.
So take your blame and stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why I say we are all guilty:

Because the products we make using oil are thousands of times worse for the environment and longer lasting than raw crude.

Large spills only allow us to visualize and quantify the oil we ALL use.

After the initial impacts are over, and things get back towards normal, the world is actually better off than if we were able to turn the spilled oil into the intended products that cause far more harm.

This is the world so lets get rational and realistic about all of this.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you for that.

I like to see people kicking around new ideas. Solutions are always born from new ideas.

I posted this somewhere yesterday, and here it is again.

On Larry King Live, T. Boone Pickens said:

When is the best time to plant a tree?
....Twenty years ago.......

If you Didn't plant it twenty years ago, when is the best time to plant it?

..........today...........

I love this. It's true.

I like that too.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

" ... humanity collectively okay'd the crap circumstances. Guess what? We're all part of humanity, therefore, you are to blame just as much as the next. "

My two-year-old grandson is also a part of humanity . He did not play any part in okaying "the crap circumstances" .

Is he also to blame for this mess ?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

" Crime isn't the the result of the gun industry, guns are just tools criminals enjoy. "

The gun industries make guns because there is a vast market for them .
The oil industries produce oil because there is a vast market for oil .

I own guns that were manufactured by the gun industries .
Everything I own , including my guns , was produced and manufactured by and through a reliance upon the production of oil .

Criminals kill people with guns . Just because I own guns does not make me complicit or in any way responsible for those murders , even though I am a part of the market that supports the gun industries .

I am part of the market that supports the oil industries . That does not make me complicit or responsible for the deaths of 11 workers on that rig , nor the subsequent disaster that we are facing .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join