It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil LEAK: Forget Conspiracy theories - this was an accident and it's WAY worse than we know..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not a big fan of AJ, but there is a guest on his show right now, Lindsey Williams(?), talking about what really is happening (and, has happened) down there and what to expect...

I keep hearing people talk about the gulf oil catastrophe of '79 (as being as bad to this point) or even people saying it's not serious, like Mr. "not a big deal, I remember walking on the shores of the Gulf as a kid and it was black with tar" guy, that that wasn't normal, it was because of that very spill!

The reason why the two situations are not comparable ('79 versus 2010) is the depth of these wells. Different than anything that's ever been attempted before... on the water

They're saying that, forget the conspiracy theory here, this was absolutely an accident - it's bad, real bad, going to get worse, but the BP guys had NO idea this was going to hit them.

And, the US is just as culpable. (for approving all of the permits and licenses for BP to drill without knowing exactly what the hell they were getting into - keep reading)

It has to do with Super Deep drilling. The Russians (who are now supposedly leading the world in oil-production, not the Saudis) figured out a way to get SUPER deep in these oil fields, SO deep that that reach an entire knew "Strata" of oil - incredibly pure (?!) and under incredible pressure.

This guy is saying the real situation is this - it was a matter of the US/Britain trying to keep up with the Jones' (Russians) who had successfully figured out how to do this deep well drilling ON LAND, and having been reaping huge benefits from it.

We're talking deep folks. 35,000 feet below the surface. As deep down, as you are up when you are flying at 'cruising altitude' in a commercial jet - and that AFTER the 5,000 feet depths (and remembering the enormous pressures) of the ocean.

Anyway, they hit unimaginable pressures - never experienced by humans: 20,000-70,000 PSI - beyond human technology to contain - it blew everything, not just well heads, and safety valves but thru the friggin' pipe (20 inches in diameter 2 inches thick hardened steel - the pressure of the oil is SO strong that it has compressed the pipe to 1 inch thick, now - they're saying by the time a nuclear device can even be put in place (quickly becoming the best sounding option) that there WILL BE NO MORE PIPE LEFT.

This is bad, folks - REAL bad.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All of this talk about 'seepage' that we keep hearing about is most likely plumes of oil that have burst thru the pipe, LONG AGO, and are just now breacking to the surface OF THE OCEAN FLOOR - after making the long 6 to 7 mile trip from the field.

And the gases that will be coming with it will be toxic and flammable. (Hydrogen Sulfide is one of them coming out at 1,200PPM the acceptible human levil is only 5-10PPB - exceeding levels of Benzene as well!)

Bad... real bad.

They are not telling people, anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They're talking - realistically - of this thing...

1) not being stopped for another 6mo-year AT THE EARLIEST (if nuke option, not employed), all the while

2) the flow is INcreasing everyday - that's right INcreasing (most people don't understand how/why this is - they can only think in terms of a balloon losing pressure analogy, and that it will 'eventually stop' - not the way this works, folks) - and note: the estimates have increased everytime of bpd, not gone down,

3) they're talking about it spreading across the Atlantic in no time,

4) for every man standing on a rig, not working - and, there are many - there are 4 people on land that are not working - nevermind the boats, and soon to be businesses that simply can't stay due to toxins/pollution. Or...

5) The toxicity of the air/water supply and the possible need for mass-evacuations never seen before (Katrina x100) , nevermind...

6) the possible impact of the oil on the ocean plankton, which is not only the a) very bottom & largest element of the food chain, but also b) producer of 80% the world's O2 supply.

Freaky stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
btw... the quickest option (nuke), which has not even started, would take over 4 months to do - you're talking 2-3 times worse - at a minimum - than it is now.

The fact is, this may never stop - not ever. The Nuke may even blow the damn thing open (given the unimaginable pressures alluded to, before)

[Okay, enough thread masturbation - no one else find this interesting? Scary? Factual?]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know why I even bothered to click on this thread. I am sick of the fear mongering about this spill. Tragic yes, by have some faith in out planets ability to right our wrongs. Our planet will destroy us before we ever destroy it. Mother nature is an amazing thing. I am tired of arrogant humans that think we have more power than nature.

That's not to mention the fact that the media has and always will over exaggerate stuff like this to keep people watching and in fear.

I am sure I'll be flamed for this but that's perfectly Ok. Hopefully someone will read this and start to see how truly insignificant we are.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

This IS mother nature.

And, this ain't fear-mongering.

Which stat up there are you disputing?! Well, let's start with one you can't: do you at least agree that the announced BPD estimate has INcreased every single time? Thanks... now, read the rest, again.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

ITS NOT A SPILL!!!! for the one hundredth time...

ITS A LEAK!!!!

geesh... I'm watching it continue to gush right now.... a spill would have been done by now...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Perhaps this explains the sickening feeling I cannot get rid of no matter what.

It's like a dark tunnel with no light on the other end, and like any other organism, I am afraid of what will be there as we plod our way through it.

Hopefully the seriousness of this information will continue to fuel strong measures while the leak is still not polluting the entire Atlantic, or elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A friend of mine, Fall, told me that the oceans will kill us before we can kill them. The earth will not allow us to damage it. It is self-repairing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I find the stats actually quite disturbing.... What you are saying is that we as a race have a short time left on this planet.

80% o2 production from Plankton, meaning that when the plankton dies we all suffocate ?

Maybe we build a Dam across the gulf of mexico and keep the oil in there ?

Finally I might have missed this but how is the pressure increasing everyday.......why is that happening???? your balloon analogy did not make sense to me....

Regards

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
That's not to mention the fact that the media has and always will over exaggerate stuff like this to keep people watching and in fear.

The mainstream media have not been exaggerating the leak (over exaggerate implies that there is an acceptable level of exaggeration) . On the contrary, all of the really disturbing info that I have found has come from the oil workers on this site, and from the videos and testimony elsewhere on the net from people in the affected area. The media in the UK seem, if anything, to be downplaying the problem, focussing on the monetary cost and what is going on on the surface.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How do they know the pipe has been compressed so that it is only one inch thick now I wonder...who is this Lindsey Williams getting intel from, did he say ? And was some estimate made of the time frame that the pipe is likely to just be rendered useless ?

Did he mention the sea bed collapsing under the pressure, causing a big open cavern to start gushing all the oil ?

Can you post a link to the interview when it's finished and archived....cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I like AJ and listen often. I listened to the Pastor Lindsey Williams segment last week, and again today.

I have a few problems with the Pastor:

- never discloses the secret source

- definitely selling books & dvds, he & Alex went over the toll free # and website info several times (not a huge issue with me, everybody has to make a living, just saying)

- he is a Pastor. He probably relishes the endtimes and looks forward to it's arrival, as most Christians should, after all. This may (and I want to emphasize MAY) cause him to find "evidence" where there is none

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

A point I have not overlooked - he was trying to get his 'info out on DVD', but the knowledge this guy had on simple but lesser known details, and the way it explains some of the strange reports of the MSM (like the forever increasing BPD estimates, the reason why we can't shut it off, the seepage thru the sea floor that we only started getting confirmed less than a week ago... the rest seems to add up)

reply to post by cosmicpixie

I'm looking for an audio transcript, now.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The document that informs that BP was aware of this going to happen has been published on ATS. So your thread is dead. But you are right, it is worse then bp thought,beneath the soil in the earth lies a banolith. Its a hard choice what to make this OK again.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
someone on Richard Hoagland's FB is watching the live feed of the leak and is reporting :

If you haven't seen the live feed lately of the blowout, you should take a look...it's getting much, much worse very quickly...the volume has massively increased based on what I'm seeing right now:

live feed
He continued...

I would estimate it is AT LEAST 5 times the volume that it was a couple of days ago...this is getting much, much worse very quickly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good Thread, Good Post, but some of those details are impossible to confirm.

For instance, the official pressure was listed as 30 psi positive pressure. (Meaning 30 psi more than the ambient pressure of ~2400 psi at that depth) That pressure and the size of the pipe equalled approximately 50,000 barrels per day. ATS knew this within a week after the flow, but the MSM is just now catching up. BUT if that is 17,000 psi, then we are talking millions of barrels per day! That just isn't happening, or the catastrophe would already be complete instead of just beginning.

The pipe compressing from 2 inch wall to 1 inch wall is false. That doesn't happen either. The pipe would blow out. We are talking steel here, and we know that the pressure on the outside of the pipe is not 17,000 psi. If there were that much internal pressure, it would not compress the pipe, it would blow it out. Maybe it has blown it out, but the statement about compressing the wall of the pipe is still false.

As for the spill increasing every day. This is both true and false. The "estimates" from the MSM are increasing everyday, because they were afraid to release the real estimates right off the bat, not because the flow has increased. BUT, the flow is gradually increasing for 2 reasons. One is erosion of the pipe due to the oil/sand mixture rushing out at high volume and thus erodiing away the spill and enlarging the pipe, the other reason is that they cut off the damaged riser that was providing a little bit of obstruction.

Now, lets not forget that this pipe is tapered, meaning that the deep end is much smaller than the open end we are seeing. If the far little end gets eroded away and it makes it to the next larger pipe, then we will get a much increased flow!

Also, I believe the assertions that the oil has breached the pipe and is leaking through the crust are probably true, because that is reportedly the reason that they stopped the top kill approach. Their mud was seeping out of the sea floor and they knew they were screwed!

Even with all of those acknowledgements, the relief wells still have a high probability of success, and a nuke still has a very, very risky down side. Lets keep our hopes up for the relief wells and our bags packed if they decide to try the nuke!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
here is a good story from mother jones...based from forum postings.

motherjones.com...

"Is the BP Gusher Unstoppable"

".....The well pipes below the sea floor are broken and leaking. Now you have some real data of how BP's actions are evidence of that, as well as some murky statement from "BP officials" confirming the same....."

."It means they will never cap the gusher after the wellhead. They cannot...the more they try and restrict the oil gushing out the bop?...the more it will transfer to the leaks below. Just like a leaky garden hose with a nozzle on it. When you open up the nozzle?...it doesn't leak so bad, you close the nozzle?...it leaks real bad, same dynamics. ........."

........."There is no way to stop that leak from above, all they can do is relieve the pressure on it and the only way to do that right now is to open up the nozzle above and gush more oil into the gulf and hopefully catch it ........."

........." ?...we are beginning to the results of the well's total integrity beginning to fail due to the undermining being caused by the leaking well bore. What eventually will happen is that the blow out preventer will literally tip over if they do not run supports to it as the currents push on it...There is still a very long drill string in the well, that could literally come flying out...as I said...all the worst things you can think of are a possibility, but the very least damaging outcome as bad as it is, is that we are stuck with a wide open gusher blowing out 150,000 barrels a day of raw oil or more. There isn't any "cap dome" or any other suck fixer device on earth that exists or could be built that will stop it from gushing out and doing more and more damage to the gulf......."

[edit on 17-6-2010 by thegoodearth]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The 'failsafe' valve that Hayward just wanked on about was apparently built to withstand 15,000 psi. His estimates are that the gush is at a surprising 12,000 psi. Are there any documents that were available to him that showed this 17,000 psi or higher? Why were they ignored? Why did he just tell congress something different?

Sniff, sniff......did I tread is something?.......what's that smell?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think someone found some sort of evacuation code for the rich...

heres the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join