It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Genital Mutilation at Cornell University

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
NVM..
I figured it couldn't be as bad as it sounded. Maxmars straightened it out. That's why we need to research these things first.. imagine if this story got into the hands of some "do gooder" christian (or other:@@
group and they protested a treatment based on the description having no real idea the severity of the deformity.
edit on 28-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
NVM..
I figured it couldn't be as bad as it sounded. Maxmars straightened it out. That's why we need to research these things first.. imagine if this story got into the hands of some "do gooder" christian (or other:@@
group and they protested a treatment based on the description having no real idea the severity of the deformity.
edit on 28-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Look:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I don't know how you read that, but when I read that I see that nature is producing another variant on what's considered male and female. I don't think we should be playing god.

Read elsewhere that among people with CAH there's a higher presence of bi or homosexuality. Most of them are still hetero just like in the general population, though. Interesting.

There're severe cases of CAH that're life threatening. I agree that in those cases medical attention is needed. It looks like it will be needed for life for some of them. Who ever said that natures games have to always benefit us? Sometimes they do in certain circumstances, and sometimes they're just a random mess. My point is people sometimes overcontrol nature.

Our current way of living is very messed up, yet people accept it like it's good for them? It's so easy to pick something apart and find bad things about it, but not when we already accept it.

But what I'm referencing is the fact that how the genital looks is being forced on the child by its parents before it has an ability to understand the implications and make its own choice.

I feel grateful that I wasn't circumcised. My brother was. I am reminded of this now.

I don't think we have all the cards on the table. I think we're being foolish.

It's a lot easier for us to fixate on differences and fear them than it's to embrace the unknown. Or maybe some people just cannot live with the unknown. They have to experiment or deny.

Sorry if I get personal. I just do not trust authority anymore. They're power addicted.
edit on 28-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

There is no reason to mess with the genitals of children. WTF. This is weird and very sick.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree that this medical practice is bizarre and terrible to consider, but beyond the sexual molestation and constant exams, I feel we should also consider that other motives are present.

The motivation of making money as a doctor performing these treatments is part of the full understanding we should grasp. As such, the Doctor appears to be creating his own patients from parents that are convinced the Doctor knows best.

Of course these parents are most likely well off and have some type of medical insurance to milk off of and while the Doctor may say he is helping these children with such a treatment, it is the money being made that most likely motivates the wicked Doctor to continue such a diabolical practice. With his procedure earnings he runs his facility and pays for his staff and what supplies are used to perform the so called "procedure".

Think what you may about perversion and sexual molestation on minor females, but it is the profits that such a practice generates that keeps the Doctor doing what he is doing. Without the profit motivation from the medical insurance coverage, I am certain that these girls would not be selected for such a procedure.

Just thought I would add this to the discussion, because while many see the sexual perversion and sexual abuse elements, it is in the end the greed and repeat profits that keep the Doctor performing such diabolical procedures.

Thank your for considering these additional thoughts on the subject matter.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Since this thread is amazingly still around, I provide this link above, to my older post, which I think is still valid.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Unless they reproduce in an altered way.. no I would just say it'd a defect.
Sorry.. things don't evolve like that.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
CORNELL UNIVERSITY - shame on you.

For allowing a sick abuser and mutilater to operate.

What the hell happened here?

I think this university needs to be investigated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join