It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushroom spores can survive re-entry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I read awhile back that Shroom spores are the only living thing that can survive the heat on re-entry through earths atmosphere and still grow. Is this true, is there anything else living that can do this? My search has come up with nothing.
This one makes my mind wander.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yes.. Any species of bacteria and viruses can also survive through extreme conditions. Which is why the astronauts form appolo 13 (Neil Armstrong...) were tested for infections and kept in isolation for days, while tests were being performed on them.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That's interesting, I forgot about all that. Doesn't it make one think of the origins of living creatures? I'm not one to put much faith in God, but if this is true, why wouldn't this be taken seriously as a way our planet was "seeded"?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
in fact some kinds of mushrooms here on earth are of alien origin and they will explain a lot of stuff to you if you eat them...just make sure you approach them with respect and ask nicely

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
Yes.. Any species of bacteria and viruses can also survive through extreme conditions.

Mushrooms are classified under the kingdom Fungi, not Monera.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
[edit on 15-6-2004 by J0HNSmith]

top topics

join