It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pointing the finger! The damage is done! We ALL are at fault!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

might want to study up on Ford-hemp fuel, Dupont-legal codes, "Supreme" court

or even better what makes a Nation's people insecure/hide?, false prophet, beast and mystery babylon

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft.-Nah3.4

for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.-Gal4.24

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.-Eze23.20

You have increased the number of your merchants till they are more than the stars of the sky, but like locusts they strip the land and then fly away.-6

(traded in) bodies and souls of men.-Rev18.13

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth."-Rev18.24

so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.-Rev13.17

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king.-Rev17.11

"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.-John19.15

They are all defying Caesar's decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus."-Acts17.7

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.-Is9.6

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

last Adam-15.45

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God.-Rev20.4

Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.-Rev11.8

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.-Gal4.26

the LORD is our king-Is33.22

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
S&F

and thats only for your title

Everyone of us, including myself yet knowing what i do regarding this spill, still choose to drive my car?
I continue to fill her up?
I continue to blame BP, Transocean and the other 3rd party
Yet i still continue to buy?

I have 1 Questions?
1 Do You?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I havent driven in 4 years, I ride my bike to my job, which is in close proximity to my home. If i go grocery shopping I take the bus, due to the fact i cant carry many things while riding my bike. I dont even have a drivers license, by choice.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry. Only the `evil entities` who hate the planet, hate the humans, hate the animals, hate the plant life, etc. are the ones at fault. They operate through these oil companies and governments, too.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by whaaa

Oh please, You sound as if BP was providing a public service rather than making obscene profits for their stockholders, owners and executives.

And you have never objected to the price of petrol (gas) and indeed would have been quite happy to pay $2 a gallon more if you'd been asked last year if this was an option.

And with that assumption you have shown how full of it you are. Pretending to know how someone thinks is a fools errand.
I have always objected to the price of fuel. I have never believed in the BS stories of oil shortages; its Market manipulation plain and simple, fostered by the greed of a few at the expense of many that have no control of the economic mechanizations behind the scenes.

Some conspiracies aren't just theories. Some are real as the nose on your face.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Electric bus? Very nice

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It is most certainly not everyones fault. That is a cop-out argument. The consumer demands and the dealer provides. The consumer has no choice but to take what it is given. Especially when dealing with Massive amounts of population. We are forced to live these busy lives to the point where we can't even give our children the mental stamina to overcome the pressures of the "Mainstream".

To think that our demand is the source of their decision to give us terrible options is not a healthy way of thinking. Maybe at one point long ago we had no other choice than oil, but the only thing stopping us from being oil free is the desire for control.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Errrr.... I ride a bike, and walk when i don't, no fault here....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
While I do commend those of you who do their part to reduce oil consumption your efforts futile. We cannot realistically get off of oil without something to replace it.

When gas prices started going up I learned we only have about 40 or so years of oil left. I thought I would see a massive amount of energy efficient tech come out despite the cost of retooling factories. I figured there is lots of money to made in efficient future tech. But what do they give us? A few toy cars and light bulbs. They are milking us now so when the world has no choice but to get off of oil we won't have any choice but to submit to what they give us. The alternative to what they give us will be anarchy. They are very effectively putting us between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

We are ALL to blame for this! Anyone who has used and depended on fossil fuels is at fault here!

That's going too far mate.

If any of us were actually consulted and we voted a resounding yes to extremely risky deep sea drilling, then perhaps...but i like millions of others, were never given a choice in the matter.

Much of the Oil, Petroleum, and LNG comes from a variety of sources that have nothing to do with deep water drilling, so we are all far from blame.

BP, Haliburton and the US government are to blame for this mess, not the voiceless people.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ScRuFFy63

I learned we only have about 40 or so years of oil left

It's a big, fat whopping lie scruffy63.

Have a little search on the oil deposits in the US midwest.

There are several locations within the continental US borders, that hold more UNTAPPED oil than all of the other oil producing nations put together, including OPEC countries.

Something like 800 TRILLION barrels of oil had been discovered in the early to mid 2000's (2004 i think), but although there is permission to drill for the oil, Bush and co put the brakes on.

The lie, is to hide the fact that the world is absolutely choc full of oil, and is estimated to last 1000 years or so!

Not exactly the peak oil scenario that drives up the price of a barrel of oil is it!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I have been looking through the new BP oil spill forum and am amazed how everyone is pointing the finger about whos fault this is. Its too late for that people, the damage is done! Those who claim this oil spill isnt a big deal are dead wrong. We need to stop spending time trying to figure out who to blame and take some time to try and figure out solutions! We are ALL to blame for this! Anyone who has used and depended on fossil fuels is at fault here! So stop blaming certain companies and lets try and get the facts out!!

Ziggy, Ziggy Ziggy...
Of all the kind spirited posts I see anywhere on the net...
I fail to see any kind of plan to get the masses together, demand actual
change by DOING what it takes, not just talking about it...

1.) The masses are lazy, too self involved to amass

************(insert something that involved EFFORT)*******************

2.) People do not get angry *until* something affects themselves (see selfish)

3.) America has become a nation of convenience-Fact.

4.) Work ethic has become complacent (if you're even working at all)

5.) We are too dependent on cell phones, laptops, facebook...

6.) ALL of my neighbors have no idea what the Constitution declares, and
most of them think the Constitution grants them rights??? (It does Not)

I cannot stand my fellow humans' actions (which sounds completely insane)
strictly because they lack the efficacy to DO, they only have the capacity to
*SAY* and most of what is said is pathetic at best.

I actually have a connection to people, I feel compassion, empathy
and even love for people (even for those I do not know)
We are amazing and capable of so much...
Unfortunately we are also culpable...very much so!

Everybody, grunt worker, supervisor, and Branch manager needs to
walk out of the job...march, drive/carpool to Washington, OR their
State's representative offices and DEMAND a new Congress.

Get off your a**es...get off of Facebook, twitter or whatever it is you
do that serves as NOTHING useful except a useful distraction, and create
the change you want. This isn't the *Secret* book you've heard about.

YOU, need to create the change in order to HAVE change.
How do you create change?

Honestly, you need a plan...
Execute that plan (without violence of course)

Take back your rights and USE the Constitution as your personal
proclamation that the BS is over.

Since this cannot happen overnight, we NEED to educate our neighbors
but THEY need to want to change.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
You know what, im not simply saying DONT USE FOSSIL FUELS, a lot of you are right, we dont have a lot of options, but conserve! Ride the damn bus! Car pool! Take a walk! Ride your bike! Get a horse! There are so many people who go to the same places as others but all drive their own car! There are so many choices you do have to help conserve!

None of the above suggestions will do anything to stop the production of oil. Simply not using oil isn't enough, people actually have to put their money where their mouths are and start actually supporting, with their hard earned dollars, alternative fuels and energy sources. Conservation will not stop the drilling. Oil conservation will only lead to higher oil prices and prolonging the life span of the oil age.

The oil industry is just too large, it's impact on the global economy to significant to simply ignore or turn our backs on. Companies such as BP have a whole lot of people to answer to, financially speaking. The company can't allow their share values to drop; profit margins must only go up or investors get nervous and start jumping ship. Stock prices drop and they risk losing everything, including the retirement funds of millions of people like you and I. So what is the oil industry supposed to do when people want less of their product but expect ever increasing profits?

We have to show the oil companies that we are willing to pay a premium for an alternative. We have to support the oil industry but coerce it to start focusing on the development and production of alternative fuels. But they'll never do it if we aren't willing to buy into it.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Syphon]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

No, its not an electric bus, i nver said i was perfect, i try to conserve the fossil fuels the best i can. Also, thank you everyone for your opinions, this is why i love ATS because i can see where a lot of you are coming from now. This has swayed my opinion of some things and i am definately looking at all of this differently from when i first started this thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

you make some valid points. what you said is what i've been getting a better understanding of since i started this thread. I think my frustration with this whole situation came out in this thread and i'm so worried about what the outcome will be. regardless, something has to change because we cannot keep depending on these wells!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LOL Why would it be our fault ? You must be a CIA disinfo agent or something.

It would be my fault if I made BILLIONS out of oil. BP didn't respect safety measures, corrupted officials, etc. It's BP/USA's government fault's.

And we are not in democracy, I haven't voted for theses clowns.

We could be using oil for the next 300 next years if it wasn't for greed and corruption. Safety procedures to extract oil exist, ways to fight global warming exist (dumping iron in the oceans)...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
LOL Why would it be our fault ? You must be a CIA disinfo agent or something.

It would be my fault if I made BILLIONS out of oil. BP didn't respect safety measures, corrupted officials, etc. It's BP/USA's government fault's.

And we are not in democracy, I haven't voted for theses clowns.

We could be using oil for the next 300 next years if it wasn't for greed and corruption. Safety procedures to extract oil exist, ways to fight global warming exist (dumping iron in the oceans)...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ickylevel]

Me? A disinfo agent? I dont think i'm smart enough for that lol - My point was our greed and need for oil lead to more wells being drilled and overall greediness on everyones part has lead to this. Since I posted the OP and have read other posts, i've changed my view a bit. If you wouldve read the entire thread you would have seen my latests post just above where i stated my view has changed a bit, and i understand what everyone is saying. I'm definately no secret agent, dont let your paranoia go that far! It was just my opinion and i started this thread to see what everyone else thought about this.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh for the love of.........

Culpability:

1. blameworthiness: a state of guilt
2. The degree of one's blameworthiness in the commission of a crime or offense
3. Culpability descends from the Latin concept of fault (culpa), which is still found today in the phrase mea culpa (literally, "my own fault"). The concept of culpability is intimately tied up with notions of agency, freedom and free will.

People are responsible... Some more than most.

We BUY the oil... yes.

But we didn't remove IMPORTANT SAFETIES that caused this thing to happen, did we?

Trying to call "the Blame Game" "Childish" is, in itself CHILDISH.

WE MUST hold the people Responsible TO ACCOUNT for their CHOICES.

BTW: The "Blame Game" in its original meaning, was that of everyone pointing fingers INSTEAD of fixing the problem.

Just because We NEED to focus on Fixing the ongoing crisis instead of Finding those who are responsible.... does not MEAN that they are no longer responsible.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here is an article that shows the us was being sued over their in ability to properly regulate the safety of rigs in the gulf.... There is also another rig... Atlantis which has the same design...

Evidently mms wasn't evening reviewing the drawings

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Honestly, you need a plan...
Execute that plan (without violence of course)

and this is your plan?

Everybody, grunt worker, supervisor, and Branch manager needs to
walk out of the job...march, drive/carpool to Washington, OR their
State's representative offices and DEMAND a new Congress.

Sorry, seems a tad unrealistic!

And....

Get off your a**es...get off of Facebook, twitter or whatever it is you
do that serves as NOTHING useful except a useful distraction, and create
the change you want. This isn't the *Secret* book you've heard about.

See the irony here? Using an internet forum to tell us to get off internet forums

topic....this disaster is going to take the most concerted effort this country has ever produced to bring us back to any semblance of normality.

Chinesis is right however....It's time to get up off of our collective ass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join