It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pointing the finger! The damage is done! We ALL are at fault!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash

B!tch Please!

Just because I could afford to buy a snowblower three years ago, BEFORE I lost money in the economic down turn, doesn't mean I'm living in luxury.

Truth betold, I was laid off last MARCH due to all of this sh!t. Have I found a permanant job yet? Nope! I'm stuck making ten dollars an hour doing temp jobs all while worrying how I'm going to make my next mortgage so I don't get foreclosed on.

So, ponder that while you are sitting in your apartment pretending everyone but YOU is living in luxury.

Oh and P.S.

The lawnmower was given to me as a hand-me-down! Some luxury!

I never said I wasn't living in luxury, you just wanted to attack me for saying we're living a lifestyle that we cant sustain. One day you're going to have to realize it, I just hope you do before it's too late.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I never attacked you. I was simply defending the fact that you stated that I have luxury items.

Try living in Maine with a very long drive way and no snowblower. I bettcha you'll feel alot different about that. Would you rather me pay someone to bring a truck by my house and plow it? I would bet that the truck would use way more gas and oil to clear my driveway than what my snowblower uses!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I never attacked you. I was simply defending the fact that you stated that I have luxury items.

Try living in Maine with a very long drive way and no snowblower. I bettcha you'll feel alot different about that. Would you rather me pay someone to bring a truck by my house and plow it? I would bet that the truck would use way more gas and oil to clear my driveway than what my snowblower uses!

I live in canada and there is quite a bit of snow where I'm from.
You know what I do?
I shovel it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What are you shoveling?

The three steps leading up to your apartment?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
All I have to say is,

Voting doesn't work, 1,2,3... It's time you know your enemy
I won't pledge allegiance to hypocrisy
Your democracy, is not for me:

lyrics

[edit on 17-6-2010 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What are you shoveling?

My grandmothers drive way, aswell as my mothers.
Thank you for insulting my living quarters though.
Why is it you can't admit we're living a lifestyle that is too luxurious?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It's NOT our fault
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

What are you shoveling?

I never insulted your living quarters. I simply asked what it is that you shovel at your apartment building. I never and will never make fun of someone for where they live, what they wear and the like.

Now, can we please get back to this whole oil blame game?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

What are you shoveling?

I never insulted your living quarters. I simply asked what it is that you shovel at your apartment building. I never and will never make fun of someone for where they live, what they wear and the like.

Now, can we please get back to this whole oil blame game?

Our lifestyles are too luxurious to sustain, this was evident back in the 60s, I thought it would be common knowledge by now.
As for the oil spill, I blame halliburton for selling the concrete.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This particular disaster is the direct result of BP, there's no reason not to point the finger at them.
The simple fact is that BP was greedy. They wanted to push foward come hell or high water and in the process unleashed hell.
The problem is that BP aren't the only ones infected with greed. It's an epidemic that will ensure plenty of these disasters to come in our future.
Humaniacs.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It's ALWAYS someone else's fault. That's humans for you. The most arrogant, selfish, ignnorant species that ever dared claim sentience .....

But yes, we need to sort this mess out. And then we can worry about who - if anyone - was at fault. Or was it just an accident?

(was BP really to blame for trying to satisify our ever increasing demand for cheap oil regardless of risk? If it wasn't BP would it have been Chevron or Exxon or someone else? Or someone less able to compensate for the mistakes made in trying to satisfy our insatible greed?)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Or was it just an accident?

I believe the word accident was created as a tool to not put blame on someone.

If you trip on a tree root and fall, is there no one to blame? Was it just an accident? NO! It was your own dumbass fault for not looking where you were walking.

Do you see what I'm getting at? No matter what situation, there is always someone that can be blamed, whether it is ourselves or someone else.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

(was BP really to blame for trying to satisify our ever increasing demand for cheap oil regardless of risk? If it wasn't BP would it have been Chevron or Exxon or someone else? Or someone less able to compensate for the mistakes made in trying to satisfy our insatible greed?)

Oh please, You sound as if BP was providing a public service rather than making obscene profits for their stockholders, owners and executives.

In there rush to make more and faster profits they sacrificed a whole regions ecology and the livelyhoods of millions of people.

Perhaps a review of this would be inorder....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can no longer respect anyone that is a shill for the corporate structure and worships at the feet of authority.
You have revealed much Essan.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Exactly. Whatever happens it's always someone's fault

As opposed to something which happened which could not reasonably be expected to happen.

If a tree falls on you, who do you blame? Should someone have known the tree would fall as you were passing? I now what some lawyers would argue ....

We live in a world where everything is always someone elses fault. Because our lawyers tell us.

Well here's the truth: sh*t happens.

Did anyone know that this event was likely to happen and did nothing to prevent it? Prove that and you have culpability.

That said, sh*t has happened and those who would have otherwise have profited had the event not happened should pay compensation. That's not just BP though

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I can't figure what you mean by it's all our fault
It is not.
It is the fault of bp and whoever let them drill 4 miles deep without options on how to fix a problem/nightmare like we have going on right now!
Where were/are the regulations and American inspections for stuff going on in our area??? Why don't we have some/Many? Do we have them now? If not then WhY.
It is not my fault as I would have made provisions but
one thing is a yes, we're all (well most all) giong to have to pay and pay and pay.
barry lies again saying things will be good as new, unless he meant this to take place Maybe 150 years from now.
How good many Americans live is no one's business; we work hard have a fair system in place and we earned it ... Don't worry though barry is changing all that as fast as he can, of course it's okay for him to spend spend spend Spend our money on concerts and a Crew of hairdressers/etc for michelle although she sure needs it.
Too bad barry and company hasen't seen fit to do anything but put us on a controll grid and penealizes people for making 'energy progress'

We aren't allowed to have a sustainable lifestyle in America!
Too bad this ----- of a President doesn't love this country and try to improve it instead of the opposite.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Do I like using oil? NO

Do I have an alternative to use in my vehicle, lawnmower, snowblower etc.,? NO

We as a people are forced to use this product as a means of every day life.

SOMEONE out there wants us to use only oil. Or at least for the time being.

Are you joking? it's called a bicycle, a manual lawn mower, a shovel and getting off your fat ass to do some hard work.
Nobody is forcing you to do anything, you just lust after the luxury and ease that oil provides and now look at the price that has to be paid.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter

It is the fault of bp and whoever let them drill 4 miles deep without options on how to fix a problem/nightmare like we have going on right now!

That would be the Government of the United States of America

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How will it do any good to come up with solutions when those who are in charge already know of every possible solution. These are not any where close to stupid greenhorn beginners. They do not need anybody to reinvent the wheel for them. Although they might enjoy making you
believe that.
To even ponder the idea that anyone is going to come up with something they havn't already thought of is beyond all ignorance that I can imagine.

BP - Can maybe some of you folks out there help us? We really have
no idea what we're doing. MY GLUTZ.

COREXIT?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady

Do I like using oil? NO

Do I have an alternative to use in my vehicle, lawnmower, snowblower etc.,? NO

We as a people are forced to use this product as a means of every day life.

SOMEONE out there wants us to use only oil. Or at least for the time being.

Are you joking? it's called a bicycle, a manual lawn mower, a shovel and getting off your fat ass to do some hard work.
Nobody is forcing you to do anything, you just lust after the luxury and ease that oil provides and now look at the price that has to be paid.

If you weren't too busy trying to come up with that lame ass post and actually read the whole thread, you would have noticed that I stated that I do car pool, would rather take the bus, but the metro system doesn't come to my town from the city, and that I have a driveway too long to shovel.

Don't talk to me about hard work! I've put mine in! USMC!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Oh please, You sound as if BP was providing a public service rather than making obscene profits for their stockholders, owners and executives.

And you have never objected to the price of petrol (gas) and indeed would have been quite happy to pay $2 a gallon more if you'd been asked last year if this was an option.

If you want cheap oil you take the risk and you pay the price.

BP was simply doing what Americans demanded of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join