It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pointing the finger! The damage is done! We ALL are at fault!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have been looking through the new BP oil spill forum and am amazed how everyone is pointing the finger about whos fault this is. Its too late for that people, the damage is done! Those who claim this oil spill isnt a big deal are dead wrong. We need to stop spending time trying to figure out who to blame and take some time to try and figure out solutions! We are ALL to blame for this! Anyone who has used and depended on fossil fuels is at fault here! So stop blaming certain companies and lets try and get the facts out!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm not at fault! I'd say the governments and corporations of the world are at fault for not introducing alternative fuels and mass producing vehicles/machinery etc., that run off of these alternative fuels.

I can't and will not be held accountable for using a substance that has been forced on us.

It's "their" fault for not providing us an alternative to oil. Not mine!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by JackCash

interesting view of democracy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Yes, put the blame off of humanity and onto one section of the corruption. That makes a whole lot of sense!

Truth is, EVERYONE is to blame, because if we were informed and acted properly, none of this corruption would be allowed to take place.

You can point the finger around, but the truth is, we all need to turn it around and point it back at ourselves. Everyone of us is corrupted not by the system, but despite the system.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think it's the truth. I'm no scientist or engineer, so I can not personaly create an alternative to the fuels that we are using today.

Do I like using oil? NO

Do I have an alternative to use in my vehicle, lawnmower, snowblower etc.,? NO

We as a people are forced to use this product as a means of every day life.

SOMEONE out there wants us to use only oil. Or at least for the time being.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
what is this we are all sinners stuff? oh well, I dont own a car anymore so I feel just slightly less guilty I suppose

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

My apologies, it seems I am to blame. I was the one who tried to downplay the situation, I was the one who said I am to blame, I was the one who was making money off of that rig, I was the one who was corrupted by the billions flowing into my account ... Wait, I am not the one.

I paid them a good amount of money for their goods. But we are to blame when they are the ones who made the mistake? That is like saying you are to blame for 9/11 because the terrorists are jealous of your democracy.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

It's called taking responsibility for being a member of humanity in the 21st century. A period where information flies 'round the globe in mircoseconds, and everyone has a duty to be informed and speak out against corruption BEFORE problems arise. This goes far passed the oil spill. Future catastrophes are decades in the making, and set to explode any moment now. Still the people remain silent. Therefore, we reap what we sow.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackCash
I think it's the truth. I'm no scientist or engineer, so I can not personaly create an alternative to the fuels that we are using today.

Do I like using oil? NO

Do you have an alternative to your vehicle, lawnmower, snowblower, etc?
Hmmm...
You don't NEED to use oil for luxury items.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thats reasonable to say! In truth we are all to blame in some point..
But there are many of us who have tried our best to do what we do..
I for one, rode a bike for about 8 months! I did my best to try to tell my friends and family about our dependance upon oil.. But no one really listened to me..
I had to move, and riding a bike just was not something I was able to do everyday! a 30 mile bike ride, then working 12 hours just was not on my to do list!!
So I went back to driving a truck! But between my family we share 1 truck! Its not much.. And I wish we lived in a world where we had options.

But the truth is.. We do not have many options.. Thus the blame will fall on all of us who depend on that oil to get to point A to point B.

Yet another truth is.. If we where given more options I am sure more and more people would chose the alternate path.. Its just we are not given valid and reasonable options.. We are stuck too..

So yes, we are all to blame.. But on another hand.. Did we really have a choice? Not really.. Unless you want to ride your bike many many miles, to work, and where ever else you go.. Its just not logisticly possible in many cases.. A catch 22..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

You can point the finger around, but the truth is, we all need to turn it around and point it back at ourselves. Everyone of us is corrupted not by the system, but despite the system.

So your going to send a check to help BP pay for this right? sense your saying you are also to blame then help with the cleanup. How much will you send them?

Lead by Example.

BP made the decision to continue drilling with unstable equipment. so how is this my fault? Unfortunately I have to have a car and I cannot afford an electric car. Ride a bike you say? sorry I cant my job is too far away and I still need to provide for my family above all else!. Get a job closer to home? Sorry cant do that unfortunately only jobs in my area that are hiring don't pay enough, cant support my family flipping burgers.

But if you want to buy me an electric car Ill gladly accept here this is the one id like.

www.shelbysupercars.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Do I like using oil? NO

Hmmm...

So tell me. How do YOU mow your lawn? How do YOU travel around?

Let me guess, You cut your lawn with scissors? Is that right?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You know what, im not simply saying DONT USE FOSSIL FUELS, a lot of you are right, we dont have a lot of options, but conserve! Ride the damn bus! Car pool! Take a walk! Ride your bike! Get a horse! There are so many people who go to the same places as others but all drive their own car! There are so many choices you do have to help conserve!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I broke the dam.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I fully agree, if other sources of energy are being surpressed, what choice do we have?

In order to survive in this society you will have to use fossil energy.

It's the governments that keep us dependant on fossil fuels, I didn't choose to live like this.

I sure didn't ask anyone to drill miles below the surface of the sea for me.

Btw, I don't own a car, and ride everywhere on my bicycle.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Do I like using oil? NO

Hmmm...

So tell me. How do YOU mow your lawn? How do YOU travel around?

Let me guess, You cut your lawn with scissors? Is that right?

I don't have a lawn, I live in an apartment.
And it doesn't matter either way, you're living in luxury and crying about it.
Just realize that it IS indeed all of us for our luxury snowblowers and lawnmowers, the fairy tale is over. I'm not saying the oil spill is our fault, but our dependance on oil certainly is everybodies fault.
Oh, and I travel by walking and by bike.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
You know what, im not simply saying DONT USE FOSSIL FUELS, a lot of you are right, we dont have a lot of options, but conserve! Ride the damn bus! Car pool! Take a walk! Ride your bike! Get a horse! There are so many people who go to the same places as others but all drive their own car! There are so many choices you do have to help conserve!

I do these things! The law firms that my wife and I work at are blocks apart from each other. So what do we do? DING! DING! DING! Thats right! We Carpool.

We would rather much save our money and take a bus, but the metro service doesn't run where we live.

The point is, a lot of us are already doing these things to consume less oil. We are doing our part, and are certainly not to blame for this!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't have a lawn, I live in an apartment.
And it doesn't matter either way, you're living in luxury and crying about it.
Just realize that it IS indeed all of us for our luxury snowblowers and lawnmowers, the fairy tale is over.
Oh, and I travel by walking and by bike.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

B!tch Please!

Just because I could afford to buy a snowblower three years ago, BEFORE I lost money in the economic down turn, doesn't mean I'm living in luxury.

Truth betold, I was laid off last MARCH due to all of this sh!t. Have I found a permanant job yet? Nope! I'm stuck making ten dollars an hour doing temp jobs all while worrying how I'm going to make my next mortgage so I don't get foreclosed on.

So, ponder that while you are sitting in your apartment pretending everyone but YOU is living in luxury.

Oh and P.S.

The lawnmower was given to me as a hand-me-down! Some luxury!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I too am not taking any blame for being forced to use a product when there are no viable alternatives. I do conserve and recycle.

Stop pointing the finger! The damage is done! We ALL are at fault!!

And NO, the damage isn't done. It's just beginning and future generations will suffer because of the greed, mismanagement, and incompetence of BP.

This disaster will have global consequences and blaming those that use oil is BS.

That's the same stupid logic that blames white people for slavery that happened in the past.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I never liked the group hug thing, nor do I like the group guilt-party like this one. It's ok if you want to engage in self-blame. If that makes you feel better, go for it. I, for one, and I suspect many more of us out there, am not willing to accept ANY of the blame for this disaster. We have had oil forced upon us for countless decades by those in power. Yes, I said "forced" upon us. We have to work, we have to eat and we have to survive. If oil is the only energy source available to us, we have no choice but to use it. A resource such as oil that requires production techniques not available to individuals permits the type of economic captivity we are currently in. We, the people, have attempted to find and use alternative sources. We are not allowed to do so. The auto industry will not budge, for example. Other industries will not move either from FORCING us to use oil. Perhaps they're afraid of what abandoning oil consumption will do to the economy. Regardless of what the motivations of people in power are, the fact is none of us, even as a group, have any power to stop the use of, and reliance on, oil. If hundreds of millions of us said today "we will not use anything that requires oil" to work, the PTB would laugh and simply say "go ahead, we'll see you in a few days".

The bottom line is: we did not drill for the oil spilling into the GOM. Even if our demand for oil is excessive, let's even say it's gluttonous for the sake of argument, we still are not responsible for failure to use safety measures that would have avoided a disaster like this. Those running BP are solely to blame and anyone else involved in their decision making process.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join