It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After watching this I lost all faith that we will develope and use an alternative form of energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The last eight presidents have gone on television and promised to move America towards an energy-independent future.

In this video by Jon Stewart, he goes over the broken promises we have been fed throughout the years by our presidents about alternative energy and independence from foreign oil.

An Energy-Independent Future

Typically, I'm not a Jon Stewart fan because he is a bit one sided, but this hits the nail on the head and crosses party lines. It is very funny, but the message is overall depressing. After watching this I lost all faith that we will develope and use an alternative form of energy in my lifetime.

What do you think ATS?

-E-

[edit on 17-6-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I love it! I haven't watched television for a couple years but when I did, Comedy Central was one of the few channels that had a few good programs on. Jon Stewart is, as you said, clearly entrenched in the democrat-republican paradigm, but he is intelligent and funny nonetheless.

This is one of those special videos where everyone regardless of political affiliation can be drawn closer together in collective agreement - and shame - and sometimes the best way to do that is with humor.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You have to love the endurance of a speech to sway the masses. 36 years after Nixon made the statement, every president since has used it as a crutch to prop up the masses.

I guess they think flouridated water and mind altering drugs are strong enough to make some forget that this is a speech for the sake of making a speech and no government leader has any plans to stop suckling at the money teet of Big Oil.

I especially like that he made sure and put both Bush boys in there, since they are oil mogels that taught pulling away from the use of oil. HAHA!
Anyone who ever believed a Bush would taught clean energy with any sort of seriousness needs to come buy this ocean front property I have for sale in Montana.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If we are lucky and the mess in the Gulf does not kill us all, maybe, just maybe the hidden technology of zero point energy will be brought out.

It could be the only good thing about that disaster.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The only way we'll see a legit free energy wave in the United States is if they can find a way to market it and hook us as longtime consumers, thus it wouldn't be a "free energy".

Tesla had it. Tesla died.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this last night, Jon Stewart is great especially if for some unexplained reason you have CNN playing in the background of your routine all day long like me. I'm glad a show exists where somebody can say what everybody is thinking about politics.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Heres another fun but alarming bit of comedy about the oil/energy crisis...

video.google.com...#

new topics

top topics

join