It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S Wackenhut blocking media and protesters in AL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Normally I'm very critical about citizen militias -- to myself. I understand the role they've played historically, and how it's vital that a free country should be able to have a citizen militia. But I'm usually depressed by how narrowly 'gung-ho' they are, and can somewhat understand those who see them as dangerous.

Don't you mean you depressed about how gung-ho they are potrayed to be by the mainstream media? The US Army, Navy, and Air Force are gun-crazed lunatics blowing up everything in site. The militias have been and apparently always will be exceptionally difficult to provoke and generally very peaceful. In fact I admire their peacefulness in comparison with the extreme violence of the very large number of government organizations out there that are doing real life killings on a very regular basis.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by switching yard

Private security companies have zero jurisdiction unless they are duly deputized by county and I doubt that they have been.

'jurisdiction' otherwise revolves around authorization by the controlling authority, and involves the ability to detain (not arrest, subtle, but legal, difference), and turn the offenders over to sworn officers, who then place them under arrest.
[edit on 2010/6/17 by nenothtu]

The problem with that is how do security guards "detain" without using force.
Touching someone is force(assult) unless the guard has been assaulted by this person.
on public property all the person has to do is cross there arms (a show of non force) and walk away. and the guard can not use force then.
The guard can not legaly then grab them to restrain them.
and the guard can not force them to go anywhere as that would be kidnapping.

So how does the guard "detain" them,

Oh i am a ex federal security officer. so i do know the answer.

observe and report.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
great video and insight to what's going on, or what's not going on at the beaches. obama is no different than any other politician.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
I would view private security contractors who are choosing to disobey the law of the land, the Constitution, and deny private, sovereign, US citizens the right to access their very own public property as owned by "We the People", as criminals and traitorous and should be delt with accordingly.

I wouldn't go so far as to say traitorous as misguided and - wait for it - greedy, willing to compromise our freedoms for a paycheck. Greed will be the underlying theme of this entire debacle from start to finish.

But yeah, a rented uniform with a vague badge and all of the other mall cop accouterments don't mean jack squat to me. I'll go where I want to go on a public street or beach until an authorized LEO tells me otherwise. And even then only to a point...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by switching yard

Private security companies have zero jurisdiction unless they are duly deputized by county and I doubt that they have been.

'jurisdiction' otherwise revolves around authorization by the controlling authority, and involves the ability to detain (not arrest, subtle, but legal, difference), and turn the offenders over to sworn officers, who then place them under arrest.
[edit on 2010/6/17 by nenothtu]

The problem with that is how do security guards "detain" without using force.

They don't. If a detention is required, as much force as is necessary to effect it is used.

Touching someone is force(assult) unless the guard has been assaulted by this person.
on public property all the person has to do is cross there arms (a show of non force) and walk away. and the guard can not use force then.

True enough, assuming that by "walk away" you mean to walk away and not breach the security perimeter. They can't just fold their arms and breach it, though. If, after trying to breach the perimeter, they think better of it and walk the other way, I personally let them go, usually. I wasn't there to fight, I was there to secure. Our boss used to tell us constantly that he didn't pay us to fight, he paid us to win. Sometimes, that means just letting them walk away.

The guard can not legaly then grab them to restrain them.

What law would that be? I've grabbed them, restrained them, handcuffed them, detained them, and turned them over to the police for arrest.

and the guard can not force them to go anywhere as that would be kidnapping.

Correct. They must be detained on the premesis where they were initially detained. The farthest I've ever taken one was an office, on premesis, so they could at least sit while we waited on the police to arrest them, and they could stay out of the public eye. Some folks feel a certain embarrassment by having to stand around and be stared at in handcuffs, and I wasn't there to embarrass them, nor was I there to make them any more uncomfortable than necessary.

In order to take a detained person anywhere, without being subject to kidnapping charges, they must be arrested. Security officers cannot arrest, except in states that allow for a citizen's arrest, and even then only under the narrowly delimited parameters that apply to any other citizen. Hence, we detained them, and waited on sworn officers to make the arrest.

So how does the guard "detain" them,

Oh i am a ex federal security officer. so i do know the answer.

observe and report.

Observation and report is not detention. If you are an ex federal security officer, then you really SHOULD know the answer as to how detention is effected.

Edit: to include more quoted material, for proper attribution and flow.

[edit on 2010/6/18 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Put the frog in the pot and pour normal water. Keep it on top of a burner and increase the temperature step by step . Frog will just sit there and die slowly without knowing.

Same policy to people too.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
LISTEN UP FOLKS - (sorry)

This video is Really alarming to me because, I watched the entire C-Span grilling of Tony Hayward today and No One asked him about the Corexit and I found this very strange.

There is really something going on here if no one is willing to talk about the Corexit, including the EPA who had ordered BP to stop using the dispersant and they ignored the order.

There is a thread on here that talks about the possibility that this whole business is related to the dispersant industry and BP is making money on using this Corexit stuff.. that's banned in England because it's so toxic they won't stand for it.

More investigation needs to be done on why no one is willing to talk about this stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
June 16, 2010

Documentary filmmaker James Fox went to the Gulf of Mexico to chronicle the historic oil spill taking place there. He expected to see a massive cleanup effort, but was shocked to discover that what appears to be taking place is more of a coverup than a clean-up.

Listen to this riveting Dreamland special event as Fox and Alabama attorney Denise Beschab describe the actual lack of cleanup activity along the coast, the possible hiding of animal carcasses, the careful cleaning of a beach that the president was shown, and the dangerous effects of the use of dispersant instead of safe but expensive cleanup methodologies.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Listen to 33 minute interview at the below link with James Fox

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Great reasoning. If I really wanted to see what was up on the beach, I would NOT go where all the workers were. I would look for a nice quiet and lonely spot to check out.
Suppose the guy said: "Very toxic over there, wanna go check it out?" That would be all over the net in 5 minutes.
It's just a guy doing his job and he knows there is NO answer that will make this woman go away.
"I don't know who I work for," is like telling the Kirby salesman, "I like living with my dirt." It really means, "I am done with you." Only you can be rude to the Kirby salesman.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Aquarius1- GREAT post!! I highly reccomend that interview, also. WELL worth, the 30 minutes.
GO MS Militia!!!! TAKE the Wackenfrack employees guns, FROM THEM! Send them running!! I'd be damned, if I'd allow some h.s. flunk-out, with a "PRIVATE SEKURITY" shirt, tel ME where or not, I could go, on PUBLIC PROPERTY.
"I don't know who I work for"- just following orders, eh? Hire Morons- they are worth every penny!
Yes- there is a massive cover-up, going-on in the Gulf-Coast States, RIGHT NOW. As a pilot, I cannot LEGALLY fly-over, to see it for myself.
Probably a good thing, I live in the top-left corner of the country- or I WOULD fly-over, with cameras. Sure- they could "pull my ticket"- and keep me from LEGALLY flying, for 6-12 months. It might be worth it. NOT that I'd stop flying, though!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotgal

I understand there is a cap on the altitude restrictions. I have seen posts where other pilots have flown over the gulf coast. Perhaps you want to get yourself a cameraman and check it out.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi everybody, im from Quebec, Canada and im speechless about how things going near gulf. Im far away but im with you with all my heart and love for you all my brothers and sisters

PRIVATE security is RESTRICTING access to PUBLIC property

WHAT !!!! Dude this is so wrong, not really the fact that private security is there but the fact that they are here WHITOUT any official statement and they not just helping they are IN CHARGE!

Thats why i said im from Canada, this kind of thing is UNTHINKABLE in my country ( for now...) so you can tell me it is for public safety or everyting else good reason i will continue to claim that is WRONG !

It can happen here too that private security compagny help the official agency in major events or disaters but you can ask those guy anything and they will answer you and most important they KNOW for who they work and for what client and they will tell you all this with no problem at all. They also know and tell you the reason why you can't go there or there.

I cant imagine my reaction or the reaction of local / nationwide media (dont know why but media here are still powerfull enough to film and document pretty all they want, the accuracy and truthness is another story... ) if we were told : " I dont know for who i work and now you have to get your ass out of here " !!! for me this is pretty out of this world !

I aggree that the documentalists are amateur and dont know what questions to ask and to who. i aggree too its not information its sensionalism.

And about the MS milicia, im not used to this kind of groups because we dont have such thing here in quebec ( or so small that its not worth to mention) so i see this with a fresh eyes and mind :

MS Milicia : only thing i can say, WOW BRAVO keep up the good job to protect the remain of freedom, we need more people like you, brave enough to act and DO something.

And for what is worth :

I give you the mood of the population here in quebec, Canada.

EVERYTHING seems normal here, population is not really aware or didnt think this thing is so huge. Its normal life, my customers still come to my store and buy useless things with their credit card, NOBODY talk about the BP hell hole or if so its like " hey dude do you see what happen in the gulf ? yes its terrible no ? yes it is, but most interesting, do you know that britney spears...) !!! news, newspaper , press etc...total no panic propaganda crap, see in the "Breaking news" yesterdays : a man died from bee attack in CALIFORNIA, story following, can i remember you im from canada, I DONT CARE about a single individual died in CALIFORNIA !

i DO CARE about animals and plants dying by MILLIONS i DO care about what can happen to my brothers and sisters near the gulf, I do care about what can happen to humanity !

HEY you media, government, riches, powerfull etc...yes you all SHUT THE F**K UP with your lie and crappy talk WE the people WANT the truth whatever it is we can handle it, SHOVE your illegal private security really deep ( in fact more deep than the well itself ) in your egoist greedy A$$ and give them real official and legal "protection"

From a ( still ) living human of the "Blue Planet" (know by all alien species across universe by the name of " The sh*t Hole " )

P.S : I hope you all that are responsible of the "accident" go to hell and be tortured for eternity

[edit on 18/6/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not much to see flying over the outter areas of the spill I am affraid. I watched a video of a flyover done by the MSANG and using their IR cameras you can see that most of the oil is under water.

Booming the spill will not protect the coast from it.

Here in MS we are instaling screens that will alow the tidal flow and the fish to move but block the oil.

I have some Stills from the briefing today.

As soon as I get off work today I will attempt to scan them and upload them to ATS.

I don't think they are going to show up that well but I am gonna give it a try tonight.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow! That guy is walking a thin line on his authority there. Won't confirm who is employer is, or name, or show ID which all private security has by the way. He has to show ID when asked. That's breaking city code right there.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If one of those glorified mall security guards tried to keep me off a public beach I would break my foot off in his arse! I don't care what you try to tell me to the contrary that is public land and I would have no problem showing them exactly how far their "authority" goes on a public beach. *Answer: They have no power on a public beach!*

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Wow! That guy is walking a thin line on his authority there. Won't confirm who is employer is, or name, or show ID which all private security has by the way. He has to show ID when asked. That's breaking city code right there.

Which 'city' is this beach in, that has a 'city code' like that for him to be breaking? I've never been required to show my ID to just any old person who demands it, only duly constituted authorities. Now to be fair, I usually DID provide it to anyone asking, out of common courtesy, but that was my own choice, not any sort of legal requirement.

If you'll notice, in my picture I had my ID hanging off of my right epaulet, just above my right breast pocket, so that folks didn't even HAVE to ask to see it, it was right there. Again, that wasn't any sort of legal requirement. Legally, I just had to have it on my person whenever I was working. Could have been in the pocket, or a wallet, or anywhere.

Even completely out of sight.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
If one of those glorified mall security guards tried to keep me off a public beach I would break my foot off in his arse! I don't care what you try to tell me to the contrary that is public land and I would have no problem showing them exactly how far their "authority" goes on a public beach. *Answer: They have no power on a public beach!*

*sigh*

I believe you. There really ARE folks like that out there, and you probably are one of them. I ran into a few over my years of working for Wackenhut. To their credit, they WERE at least willing to go to jail to test their convictions, and some of them did - the ones who didn't reconsider and walk away.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
LISTEN UP FOLKS - (sorry)

This video is Really alarming to me because, I watched the entire C-Span grilling of Tony Hayward today and No One asked him about the Corexit and I found this very strange.

There is really something going on here if no one is willing to talk about the Corexit, including the EPA who had ordered BP to stop using the dispersant and they ignored the order.

There is a thread on here that talks about the possibility that this whole business is related to the dispersant industry and BP is making money on using this Corexit stuff.. that's banned in England because it's so toxic they won't stand for it.

More investigation needs to be done on why no one is willing to talk about this stuff.

rep by icecold: wow, u were doing so well,untill the last line.
let me answer that for u THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
or make them sick,makes u wonder about why evrybody must have healtcare doesnt it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
g4s wackenhutt is a european owned security/prison outfit, they are the ones who wacked karen silkwood. they are big players in the private prison movement.
they are as thug as it gets. i suppose Xe will be deployed as well.
the pentagon drops 82 mill a month at bp so watch out. the columbian army opened fire on striking bp workers.
The bp SABOTAGE could be the new pearl harbor event they desire. dismantle and disarm the usa. i suppose we'll need UN disaster relief like hati got. and where ever theres a disaster we find bill clinton running his yap. oxford educated was he not? roades scholar? hillary works on the un small arms treaty that us civilians will be force to follow. the violence along the texas border amps up..people clamoring for troops. send in troops -launch predator drones! i hear theres a un depot at white sands nm. halliburton prepares the camps -halliburton is out at the well disaster.
now thats slick..
they've moved 46 warships to costa rica for some reason.thats weird.
the plot is thickening if you ask me. rationalize it anyway you want, tell yourself what ever you need to to convince yourself that america is still your country tis of thee- but its the land of the fee and home of the slave.
AUSTERITY =PROSPERITY! DER HOMELAND UBER ALLES!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by p51mustang]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join