It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Spends $1.25M to Save 250 Squirrels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
i've seen this in canada too. Its really the only way to protect wildlife when you take bare land and start stripping roads across it. I say good idea, but maybe going a bit far with video surveillance of squirrles.

Conspiracy:

Surveillance of more than just squirrels?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
Guys this has nothing to do with the squirrels..

(sarcastically) Sorry, I didn't realize that. When I read something like this, with ME, it's all about the squirrels. Squirrels (as well as all wildlife) means more to me than money. I feel natures needs should come before our unnecessary desires! I guess I'm just that kind of guy. So please, if you can find it within your kind of heart, accept my (insincere) apology for showing more concern for sentient life than for fiat money. What in the world was I thinking when I said that? How cruel of me to not show more concern and compassion for da money instead. Poor money, I'll try to show more respect for the stuff next time. Okay?
(NOT!)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What the...?

Really? A squirrel bridge costs that much? A bridge for squirrels. Costs that insane amount of money?

Why do we need to watch them after they cross again? If they get across the road safely, then whats the point is surveillance?

I bet I could build a squirrel bridge for less than $75.

Probably even much less, I mean, they can walk across a rope if it's wide enough right?

I'm all for helping the little buggers out, but that is in no way necessary.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry, I agree with this one. If they take money spent on illegals and put it towards squirrels, that's ok in my book.

When I lived there for over 7 years, hardly saw a squirrel, but lot's of illegals.

I'm all for saving a species, over and above illegals.

Worth every penny, to me!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

What in the world is an illegal?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I think u have an iron deficiency and need some red meat to offset the tofu. It's messing with your cognitive thinking.

I wasn't advocating worship of the almighty dollar over any lifeform on earth.

What I was saying was that their concerns are not for any animal. If they could get away with it, they would tell you that there were rare pink polka-dotted invisible bunnies in need of fences along that stretch of road.

By bringing the squirrels into it, they've evoked the bleeding heart response they count their money behind.

On behalf of whoever made a quick mil off this deal, I thank you for playing along.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

A star for grasping how the food chain really works.

I'm tempted to share my secret family recipe for a delicious squirrel gravy. I'm sure someone sells them online if the cost is prohibitive locally

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join