It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the New Right aired last Night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So Rise of the New Right aired last night. For anybody who doesn't know this was a documentary by MSNBC's Chris Matthews. The video examines the Tea Party movement and various right-wing militias that have formed since the 2008 election of President Obama. "There's a similar message," Matthews said. "This government's a tyranny and it has to be, if not overthrown, then something like it. They treat the American government like a foreign occupying force." So this video is right down ATS' ally. I hope you guys will get a good laugh out of this hit piece as much as I will
, enjoy.

This is part 1. Continue to youtube for the other parts.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've always considered my self to be a middle of the road kind of guy when it comes to politics, but this nonsense makes me hate the far right wingers to the point where I don't think I'd ever vote for someone they support. They are coming off as nothing more then a bunch of whinny, crybaby, sore losers, with a hint of racism.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Procession101]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Chris Mathews has come out demanding Obama act "more like a dictator"

I don't think its the right wing that's calling for violence here.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Yet they are the ones that the day after the president was elected went out and bought up all the guns and ammo they could legally get their hands on and have formed up all these militias around the United States.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Yet they are the ones that the day after the president was elected went out and bought up all the guns and ammo they could legally get their hands on and have formed up all these militias around the United States.

That's because they are expecting Obama to use violence against them.

It makes sense to prepare to defend ones self, if one thinks they are about to be attacked.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by Procession101

Gun sales went through the roof because of what the Clinton administration did and what Obamas track record on guns is.

You need to take a step back from the hype and count to 10. Or not. Maybe you're just having more fun living life like this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

okay and if you have read your constitution, then you would know a well regulated militia is necessary to maintain freedom and deter tyranny.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

That's because they are expecting Obama to use violence against them.

It makes sense to prepare to defend ones self, if one thinks they are about to be attacked.

I agree it does make sense to prepare to defend themselves and I'm a firm believer in the right to bare arms but why are they all of a sudden taking a stand against a government official when all he's done is pretty much everything the prior three before him have. They are all cut from the same political cloth batch and they are all crooked. Why didn't they go up in arms against Bush for getting us into a false pretence war or against Clinton for enforcing the government green lining that has a lot to do with our current economic break down.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Marietta Daily Journal reports:

How much did voters want America to change in 2008? This much?

Some on the left now openly pine for the American president to become a dictator.

Filmmaker Woody Allen fantasized in an interview that "it would be good ... if (Barack Obama) could be dictator for a few years, because he could do a lot of good things quickly."

MSNBC host Chris Matthews the other day longed for the day when Obama would just take over the oil industry.

"Why doesn't the president go in there, nationalize an industry and get the job done for the people?" Matthews said recently, pointing to the oil spill in the Gulf.

Such twisted thinking has been around for decades. But never before has it been so acceptable, so fashionable, to utter it out loud in public.

To the left, totalitarian government is good.

Of course, taking property requires guns.

BP wouldn't simply give up its property to government if government didn't point some guns at them.

Likewise, gun owners wouldn't give up their property without government pointing some guns at them.

Likewise, people wouldn't use fiat currency unless government enacted legal tender laws and enforced them at gun point.

etc.. etc.. etc..

[edit on 17-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by Procession101

Because the initial rush wasn't about arming yoursel for conflict. It was about the chances of another Clinton style AWB or worse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I've always considered my self to be a middle of the road kind of guy when it comes to politics, but this nonsense makes me hate the far right wingers to the point where I don't think I'd ever vote for someone they support. They are coming off as nothing more then a bunch of whinny, crybaby, sore losers, with a hint of racism.

So the propaganda piece worked on you, then. Baa.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by Procession101
"I agree it does make sense to prepare to defend themselves and I'm a firm believer in the right to bare arms but why are they all of a sudden taking a stand against a government official when all he's done is pretty much everything the prior three before him have. They are all cut from the same political cloth batch and they are all crooked. Why didn't they go up in arms against Bush for getting us into a false pretence war or against Clinton for enforcing the government green lining that has a lot to do with our current economic break down."

They are reacting more towards Obama than Bush because now that Bush is gone, Obama is still going along with the same old Bush agenda. This is more apparent than ever, so it's pissing a lot of people off. They thought they were gona get change, but now are noticing that was a blatant lie, so they're pissed. The Bush era was like the learning curve, in hindsight, most American realize he was horrible. But there's nothing you can do about that now, so they elect Obama thinking he'll reverse Bush's damage. But of course, he doesn't, he is only making it worse. So they're are finally speaking out their disdain, hoping they can be the change they wanted to see. And all the media does is say that they are racist and crazy and what not. The sad part, a lot of people actually believe the news. What the news is doing (especially with this piece) is creating disinformation, and spinning a legitimate movement that's starting to gain speed. The news wants to see this stop dead in it's tracks, but it won't work, the people are more informed now than ever. They won't sit back an watch what happens, we all already saw what happens when you do that with Bush.

[edit on 6/17/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

So the propaganda piece worked on you, then. Baa.

I honestly think the propaganda has been layed on all of us. The truth is out there and it isn't pretty.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Matthews is a tool.
This is not the rise of a "new" anything, unless you rise when you awaken.
Well, I guess you do!
So, it is the rise of the silent majority, no longer silent, and p*ssed off.

Message to Matthews. If you scare the left, they might buy guns too! lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Matthews is a tool.
Well, I guess you do!

Please, those hippies wouldn't know what to do with them. LMAO
2nd Line.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Matthews is a tool.
Well, I guess you do!

2nd Line.

I suggest you look up groups such as The Weathermen and the events that happened during the 70's.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Anyone who takes Matthews as an unbiased or credible source needs serious electroshock therapy immediately.

He is the Hannity of the left, only much much worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

2nd Line.

Past few gun shows I've been to in the VT and NH areas I've seen quite a few dredlocked, petuli stinking, hippies loading up. Shocked the hell out of me but the more the merrier I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
where were they when bush was destroying the world?

they blame obama for everything bush did.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Matthews is a tool.
Well, I guess you do!

2nd Line.

I suggest you look up groups such as The Weathermen and the events that happened during the 70's.

I'm well aware of the WU, I was just poking fun is all. No offense to anyone. =D

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join