It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward cracks on cross examination

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes we learned a lot about Hayward. I can't separate the failure of our government to oversee the Oil Industry though, even though they clearly want to misdirect our attention. Plenty of mistakes to go around spanning many Presidents.

The two responsible entities, face to face. This whole thing is really an indictment of all that is wrong in our system. International Corporations with no ties to their customers; Our own Government with no ties to us.

What we need is to put them all in a WWF Cage Match, lock the gate, break wind in a smelly manner and walk out leaving them there to tear each other apart, while we get on with life.

Do I sound a bit miffed?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
(sung to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies theme)

well here's a lil story bout a company BP
big fat cats don't care bout you and me
then one day they were shootin up some crude
and up from the hole came the real truth

hoy that is .... wall street gold, Louisiana Flee!!!

well the first thing you know people's blowin steam
so the Reps on capital hill pretended to scream
said dem folks down dere are sucking up the fumes
and gettin real sick from a hundred mile plume

The wall street @rselickers

written by me

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That bastard had been denying everything. It proves only:-

1. BP is preparing to contain and limit their responsibilities. advised by expert liars...oops..lawyers.

2. At worst,some low level functionary will be sacrificed as making that mistake, absolving the top hats of any systemic blame,so that they may continue with their life and lies.

3. It seems the buck does not pass back to the CEO, like most responsible companies. It gets passed to some other poor sod.

4. How did he ever become a CEO if he KNOWS nothing, as he claimed???

It would mean investors and everyone had been duped into the corporate management style of BP, their trust and confidence in it, of a company with decades of history, absolutely shattered!

A clown had been picked off the streets to manage a top MNC. It is no wonder the disaster happened. What could one expect from a company whereby its CEO knows nothing and is responsible for nothing?

It means BP had been nothing more than a scam by the Board of Directors to cheat everyone in the world of their trust, funds and environment.

5. He had claimed to want his life back, even as he is still living a priviledged life, everything provided for him, drawing million dollars salary, not fired, ordering and commanding people.

I wish the 11 innocent people who died on the rig due to BP cutting corners would instead have their lives back, those people who lived in the gulf states for decades and working hard to earn living now destroy would have their lives back, and the rest of the world experiencing a marine ecological disaster would have their lives back.

But then I guess he feels he is more important than others, and can't wait to get back to enjoy his millions stashed away once he escapes from justice and all these are over....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by MKULTRA
cowering behind the 'we have to wait for the investigation to be complete' response.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

I've heard this response several times before. So why don't we ever have these hearing after the investigation is complete and the facts known?

This line about, 'we can't release any details about XXXX because we have an on-going investigation' is a classic. If you listen to news conferences and interviews, you'll be absolutely amazed at how often you will hear it, if you know what to listen for. It is practically a cut and paste phrase from the FEMA NIMMS training manual concerning the duties of the Public Information Officer (PIO).

Simply put, it is a way to avoid answering questions while still having something to say.

To address your question, you won't have a single hearing presenting the facts of the investigation because the investigation is NEVER complete. If the PIO were to be sworn in AFTER the facts have been determined, wrong-doing might actually be established. This is the reason why these hearings must be conducted swiftly and before facts can be collected. If facts are collected and presented during a hearing, those proceedings will be closed to the public and cameras will not be allowed.

The hearings serve a social function of allowing the public to project their anger onto the PIO vicariously through their (s)elected representatives, and help to stifle uncontrolled dissent.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
mr Tony Hayward must have took a crash course in the Timothy Geithner
'Answering Questions' approach.

Bernanke too, they all mentally search for a disconnect to the problem's answer ... and all three use the same distancing of their reality from the situation and speak in distant rationalizations...

because their actions & concerns were based on highly technical and hign minded, abstract models... not the hard & fast world of action & result (reaction)

Archie Bunker called these types, ding-bats

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You are so right in that the have a very disassociated look about them as they testify and almost seem as if they are mystified by the questions. Like they are not even the subject of inquiry.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Did any of you notice that none of the congressmen are talking about how they took money from the lobbyist to move legislation in a direction that made it easier for ALL oil companies to drill and operate in the Gulf? Of course not, they are just as guilty. When a criminal sees a perfect scapegoat they will go for the kill. Also notice that the lady over the MMS resigned a few days after the rig sunk! She knew that they were going to eat their young. I say, stop blaming and fix the dang leak. I live in Alabama and it is killing the South East. It will not be long before it will affect the country too!

By the way, I am predicting that BP will file for bankruptcy. Therefore putting the bill on the backs of the American Tax Payers. They have an out and we are screwed. My advice is to vote any incumbent out of office if you can find ONE shady thing they have done.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by darkelf

They dont want some poor working class guy to get the boot or even a middle class engineer type. They want some millionaire figurehead who has nothing to do with anything get the boot.

Now this is what I call naive! You think things happen by chance?

Management manages and workers work. All the decisions originate from the top, even if they don't directly originate from the top. ITS CALLED PRESSURE TO INCREASE PROFITS and mid-management feels that pressure the most.

Mid-management always gets the blame from everyone because they are easy to blame and easy to replace. They are called "fall-guys" for good reason.

Doesn't anyone know ANYTHING about capitalism? Geesh and we live in a capitalist enviroment........

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by kiwifoot

Star for you! I totally agree. Hayward is the scape-goat that the Obama administration needs to deflect attention away from their own failings. All the while those slimy politicians are trying to win points through this event as we saw today. It was embarrassing.

Hayward is the scape-goat? No as CEO he is responsible for what happened. No scape-goat here felllas! I will agree however that the USA government(in particular the Minerals Management Service) is most resposible for loose regulations and not enforcing anything.

The senate investigation committe is doing its job asking questions and hayward is doing his job trying to protect this company from severe damage. Everyone is doing their job, EXCEPT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR BOUGHT-OUT POLITICIANS. There is a simple solution, BAN ALL CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS and let tax-payers foot the bill. Another solutions is disban the FED and let the treasury issue its own currency.

There is nothing simple in a complex world, its just people care about sports and entertainment too much and don't pay attention to what really matters....that is their future!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

To address your question, you won't have a single hearing presenting the facts of the investigation because the investigation is NEVER complete. If the PIO were to be sworn in AFTER the facts have been determined, wrong-doing might actually be established. This is the reason why these hearings must be conducted swiftly and before facts can be collected. If facts are collected and presented during a hearing, those proceedings will be closed to the public and cameras will not be allowed.

Great observation! I have very often wondered why hearings happen before any serious investigation takes place and you put everything into perspective perfectly.

Can you tell me though if you have ever witnessed "If facts are collected and presented during a hearing, those proceedings will be closed to the public and cameras will not be allowed."?

WHO decides WHEN to shut down the cameras AND under what justification? Do they declare "national security concerns" OR "we are having some technical problems with the broadcast"?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by St Udio

You are so right in that the have a very disassociated look about them as they testify and almost seem as if they are mystified by the questions. Like they are not even the subject of inquiry.

glad to see/hear that another viewer has the same impression as I...

of course sociopaths are disconnected/ disassociated from normal folks,
and this batch of 'elites' are case studies.
well-- add Sir Greenspan to this circle for our comparison purposes

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Tony Hayward knows his part in this, it's an illusion of justice and anyone thinking otherwise is just playing the game.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

If facts are collected and presented during a hearing, those proceedings will be closed to the public and cameras will not be allowed.

Great observation! I have very often wondered why hearings happen before any serious investigation takes place and you put everything into perspective perfectly.

Can you tell me though if you have ever witnessed "If facts are collected and presented during a hearing, those proceedings will be closed to the public and cameras will not be allowed."?

WHO decides WHEN to shut down the cameras AND under what justification? Do they declare "national security concerns" OR "we are having some technical problems with the broadcast"?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

Thank you for the compliment. The last time I heard that actual facts were being presented during closed hearings was when George Bush and Dick Cheney testified before the 9/11 Commission. Those testimonies are still sealed to this day. If I recall correctly, they cited national security concerns. The individuals who made the decision to close their testimonies were the members of the 9/11 commission.

By posting this, I am not trying to derail the thread into a discussion about 9/11. I bring this point up as a recent historical example of the phenomenon being discussed.

In watching C-SPAN, they tend to have "technical problems" when someone goes off-script.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
By the way, I am predicting that BP will file for bankruptcy. Therefore putting the bill on the backs of the American Tax Payers. They have an out and we are screwed. My advice is to vote any incumbent out of office if you can find ONE shady thing they have done.

I completely agree with every word you typed. I also predict that BP will file for bankruptcy. It is really their only choice at this point.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Perhaps you haven't been watching... There is lots of information... Just also lots of evasion...

As a CEO it's his job to do as much damage controll as possible. This will inevitably involve evasion.

Do you really expect him to say something like we had meetings about how unsafe our operations were and we all laughed and joked about it and decided not to do anything at all because we only care about money?

Oh and while we are only caring about money here is 20 billion dollars to help all the people we hurt with this oil spill.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well to wrap it all up... The chairman of BP, Mr small people himself, has claimed that Tony is being replaced as the head of the gulf response due to his performance at the hearing...

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i apologize if i digress, but does anyone know how the bp dispensed compensation works?

assuming a fisherman made $10k last june, and this year he is unable to fish due to bps oil spill and thus has no income from his regular job as a fisherman.

i would assume that he is eligible to seek $10k as compensation?

however, what happens if he now starts working for bp as part of the cleanup exercise and gets paid $4k.

is he still entitled to the full $10k in compensation per last years income from bp, making his total income $10k + $4k = $14k?

or does bp only need to pay him $6k as compensation since he already has a $4k income working in the cleanup exercise, totaling $10k per his income from the previous year?

[edit on 19/6/10 by FuGGer]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Wow is all I can say. Thi guy is the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world? He is an idiot. How can someone in his position come into a senate hearing and have no information except "I wasn't involved in the decision making".

Well it's been two months, you should know every single detail by now!

Looks like he has been more concerned in keeping up his tan.

All the world's hero's are goats!

REPLY: Well, it sure would help if he knew the questions ahead of time. And how is one supposed to answer questions about technical things he is not exposed to in his position in the company? Kind of like a production line worker being grilled about how his employer makes corporate investments. It's all political theater, anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

Uhm... He did know the questions ahead of time !!!!!

They had them for more than a week....

Also he had hi technical team behind him...

Sound like a lot of false understanding in your part

[edit on 19-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join