It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward cracks on cross examination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When asked if the relief wells would be used to make a profit

Tony says they will both be filled up afterwards...

Also... He is being asked about the waste which is being collected...

And being put in our landfills

How can we be sure it's safe?

But he doesn't of ourselves know the details of that....

[edit on 17-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Oh, it's beating a guy up to make you feel better but vicariously.

Kind of like kids on a playground, drunks in a trailer park or capital punishment.

That's money and time well spent.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Oh, it's beating a guy up to make you feel better but vicariously.

Kind of like kids on a playground, drunks in a trailer park or capital punishment.

That's money and time well spent.

Not at all

This is not beating on a guy... This is asking questions

Perhaps you misunderstand.... There is nothing wrong with anger.... Its how it's expressed.... Asking a guy questions is one way that is approve by all.... Violence is not..

In no way am i advocating violence.... Only that the one in charge of the company be asked questions relevant to the situation.

It's very important to ask those even if no concrete answers come out...

However there have been many concrete answers which come out....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The next question is do you need anything else to help the situation...

It appears he doesn't want any help from others...

Now he is being asked about a policy which says anyone can shut down an operation if they feel its unsafe

He says the policy is real...

And now he's saying that he is concerned that no one said it should be shut down

This is in stark contrast to the cases which are being filed right now which state that no one at transocean wanted to do this....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Of course the violence is figurative in this case.

But there really is no point to the hearings. Regardless of his answers nothing changes or is accomplished. The guy doesnt even have to be there and the end result would be the same.

There is no real point to this. There is no goal they are working toward. There is no problem anywhere in the world where asking questions of a source with no answers either known or willing to be shared is the solution.

I flip a switch and a light comes on. I put gas in the tank and the engine runs. I ask a bunch of questions over and over to some guy unwilling or unable to answer and I get......what?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Perhaps you haven't been watching... There is lots of information... Just also lots of evasion...

And yes the theatre is necessary for Psychological reasons... As well

We should just agree to disagree.. As i see great value in this, and you do not...

I am getting a lot out of this, and you are not...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The best part of this hearing was the woman who came in with oil all over her screaming he is a criminal. I cant believe how he is dodging the questions, glad those questioning are demanding better answers, this second part of the day he is finally answering some things, still a bunch of BS, he NEEDS to be charged as a criminal

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The congressman who called the 20 billion a shakedown is asking questions now...

Let's see how he treats the CEO

He's actually asking some very strong questions...

I like this guy... He seems to call them as he sees them....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I do have to agree in that aspect, this seems little more than a dog and pony show.

One part in the last few minutes that really gets me, his claims that the B.O.P. failed on 3 separate occasions.

- on the initial blowout
- when the rig separated from the well head
- when it was attemtped to be activated by R.O.V.s

uhm ... yeah ... no doubt ... like it was "expected" to work after they'd been finding pieces of the gasket in drilling fluids Prior to the initial blowout.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
dupe

[edit on 17-6-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
They aren't asking any questions he can answer.

They're treating him like he was on the ground and personally making decisions on the rig.

A CEO is so far removed from actual production it's ridiculous.

The politicians are just rambling on trying to get positive coverage of how "tough on oil" they are.

This is a massive waste of time and money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I totally agree with that, its like a stage production of a witch hunt.
There has been bigger oil spills in the world.
They are trying to excuse the American contractors who breached their duty of care for safety, and blame it on an idiotic CEO office idiot who wouldn't have the first clue how to change a tire on his car.
A total sham.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That idiot Joe Barton is trying to back peddle now, lol. Sorry, dude, but your political career is SCREWED!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Have you been watching it?

It's been a lot more than a dog and pony show...

I've really learned a lot watching it... Definitely a good use of my time to watch this today

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
That idiot Joe Barton is trying to back peddle now, lol. Sorry, dude, but your political career is SCREWED!

It totally came off that way me too...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
A CEO is so far removed from actual production it's ridiculous. ... and ... ..... and blame it on an idiotic CEO office idiot who wouldn't have the first clue how to change a tire on his car.

Should we excuse Obama too? Should he even care about any of this, he's not an oil exec, and he's not your daddy .. he's just the CEO or USA Inc.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
When asked if the relief wells would be used to make a profit

Tony says they will both be filled up afterwards...

Also... He is being asked about the waste which is being collected...

And being put in our landfills

How can we be sure it's safe?

But he doesn't of ourselves know the details of that....

Hello,

This is a fast moving thread...

I think the waste should be put in a more desirable location, say, I'm sure BP owns a parcel of land somewhere remote, how about there?

Don't place a bag of *snip* on our porch that is likely to be unhealthy, unpleasant. And more importantly, unwanted. It's not our problem you *snipped-up*. Absolutely no slack, none. Get it out of here!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Another congresswoman is pointing out that he doesn't appear to understand anything about the company of which he is a CEO

That he keeps answering from the perspective of what the investigation has shown as opposed to what he knows about day to day operations...

"who was responsible for the failures on the deepwater horizon and the terrible set of decisions that led to it?"

"that is what the investigation will determine"

"mr Hayward, as the lead of the company don't you have to accept the responsibility?"

"im absolutely responsible for the saftey of all workers in Bp"

Hrmm that's very Telling right there....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

I will have to disagree there. BP has the final say on a rig they are drilling from. They take the liability when they lease the rig. I don't know how you can blame other companies for safety when BP ultimately has final say.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just waterboard him, its not like he's given anything to the US (apart from numerous economic disasters and the murder of 11 Americans), that'll bring out all the information the hearing will need in a minute.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow..they paid THIS guy big bucks? Poor thing...all he wants is his life back. The one where he got lots of money for making (it appears) no decisions and knowing nothing. This is simply amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join