It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's not BP's fault, it's SOUTH KOREA'S fault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i don't blame a company that had nothing to do with the construction of the Rig when it was due to the poor quality of the construction that messed everything up in the first place, i blame the people who DID make the rig's

Designed originally for R&B Falcon, Deepwater Horizon was built by Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan, South Korea. Construction started in December 1998 and the rig was delivered in February 2001 after the acquisition of R&B Falcon by Transocean, and was insured for $560 million.

it is not BP's fault that deepwater horizon was of poor quality, no matter how good the designs were. i think it could be partially BP's fault but not fully, BP are getting a bad name and the stocks are crashing, shouldn't this be happening to hyundai heavy industries who are the worlds biggest ship builders, making 10% of the worlds ships, but they also make offshore oil rigs.

i just find it amuzing that many people are saying that if SK go to war with NK that we should all support SK and their government and all their big companies, yet they have cost BP a hell of a lot of money, along with a lot of americans and stock exchangers all over the world and the pensioners here in britain who have their pensions paid by the stocks in BP...

i just think that Obama should stop bashing britain and BP and turn his attention to what caused the spill, and that is the construction of the rig!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by da elohim

Lets set this thing straight.

The rig was not poor quality. We know from testimony from survivors that the rig was caused to become damaged due to human error of the workers. This damage was ignored by BP management.

BP is solely responsible because they dictated to workers to keep working even though the BOP had problems weeks before the disaster. BP should have shut down, reported the problems to TransOceananic, so they could be fixed..but didn't. They were weeks and millions of dollars behind schedule and they did not want to stop. The BP people (upper management) told the workers not to worry about the BOP, that it was safe.

No one made the decisions that led to this disaster but BP.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think it's right BP is the sole scapegoat either, partly responsible sure but really all they did was hold a license while the Americans Firms went to work and no matter how you cut it if there was actually shortcuts being taken it was these firms taking them I don't think BP had a gun to their heads.

I actually think BP should do exactly what a 100% American company would do in the same situation and that's not pay a penny over their legal requirement or just separate their American Operations and then declare BP America Bankrupt.

Our thirst for Oil is really the villain here not BP and while they should help fix and compensate up to their responsibility they shouldn't have to take on everyone else's.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by da elohim
i don't blame a company that had nothing to do with the construction of the Rig when it was due to the poor quality of the construction that messed everything up in the first place, i blame the people who DID make the rig's

Designed originally for R&B Falcon, Deepwater Horizon was built by Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan, South Korea. Construction started in December 1998 and the rig was delivered in February 2001 after the acquisition of R&B Falcon by Transocean, and was insured for $560 million.

it is not BP's fault that deepwater horizon was of poor quality, no matter how good the designs were. i think it could be partially BP's fault but not fully, BP are getting a bad name and the stocks are crashing, shouldn't this be happening to hyundai heavy industries who are the worlds biggest ship builders, making 10% of the worlds ships, but they also make offshore oil rigs.

i just find it amuzing that many people are saying that if SK go to war with NK that we should all support SK and their government and all their big companies, yet they have cost BP a hell of a lot of money, along with a lot of americans and stock exchangers all over the world and the pensioners here in britain who have their pensions paid by the stocks in BP...

i just think that Obama should stop bashing britain and BP and turn his attention to what caused the spill, and that is the construction of the rig!

It wasn't the rig. It was how it was used, and operations decisions designed to save time and money: lack of centralizers; no circulation of the drilling "mud" to eliminate gas buildup, etc.
If you get drunk and run your Jaguar over a baby's tram, Jaguar isn't responsible.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well BP already pretty much accepted responsibility for the incident. Correct me if im wrong wassent it BP that gave the order to continue drilling when they knew something wassent right?? If I lease a car and dont change the tires when it needs to be changed and I have a blowout is it the tire makers fault for not making a better tire or me because I was too lazy to fix the issue?Now im not saying they knew it would be this mess they are in now. but they new there was inadequate equipment down there. who knows if it was the cost or just laziness, but if you don't address a problem head on it usually creates a bigger problem later on.

- Stigma

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
$560 million.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

join