It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROPHECY REMINDER BUTTON?: Question on ATS Suggestions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i've been a member for a while, but never really quite much of a computer tech wizard, actually it was this year that i just found out how to add videos to my comments

anyways for a long long time i have felt that ATS was up to par in all it's functioning needs except for ONE minute thing that i suppose for the longest time i considered only pertained to myself, but the more i have been thinking about it, i feel that my 'idea' or 'suggestion' for a new ATS function or device could end up being quite useful to alot of other members

like i said, i am a little lacking when it comes to using ATS, i pretty much just post a thread every now and then and comment as much as possible, as well as figuring out how to work my avatar and public profile, but beyond that everything is another language - so 1. not quite sure if this idea already exists or if it has already been brought up and 2. also not sure if this is the correct place to put a suggestion, and or, idea for updating ATS

but anyways here goes

we all know ATS is a place where people seem to love to post prophetic posts, from quatrains from nostradamus (sp?) to just random youtube videos of nobodies claiming they know the future, what separates them all is one thing: the end result of the prophecy coming true, or not coming true

while it seems easy enough to post a thread, or read a posted thread, about an upcoming date with a prophecy attached, i can sometimes be forgetful to follow through on that day to see wether the prophecy came to fruition or not

for instance, i have seen a couple times in a few prophetic threads responses that claim " if you are so sure your prediction will come true, will you close your ATS account or never use that account again if it does not come true? " while i don't beleive negative consequeses should be encouraged for false prophets, i do beleive that we should understand the importance of following through with some of our predictions

a good example of the following through would be recently when i read a post by a member who claimed that upcoming 4-19-10 or a few days around that date were going to be 'prophetic', seeing as how i was interested i tried to keep up and when the oil spill started in harmony with this prediction i decided that predictions and speculation of the such was more effective with hind sight kind of view

with that said, i consider that post a successful prediction, not because i claim it to have come true, but for the purpose of this post i would like to clarify that it is benificial to be able to look back at prophecies after their dates have passed

so, for the longest time on ATS i have always though the ats prediction board, or ats in all, needed some kind of 'reminder' function to remind someone of a post in the future, that way if you forgot about a prediction or post that interested you, that might have pertained to the future, you could be reminded and then look at it during a time when speculation of it would be more accurate

such a tool or device an ATS could be as simple as a button at the top or bottom of a thread that said "remind of this thread" and apon clicking it (in my mind, for my purposes) it would bring you to a page where you could type in a date in the future and after entering it, you would be brought back to the thread or to ats home page

meanwhile days or months later, one the date that you entered came, a message could be sent to your U2U inbox saying something along the lines of

"dear indigo the fish,

thursday, june 17th 2010, you entered this date (the date you want to be reminded) to be reminded of this thread ( X link to thread X )"

i'm sure not too many other people on ats are as absent minded as i am when it comes to this thing, but i have been thinkng about it more often lately, so i thought i'd throw my idea out there

btw, i have no idea if this idea is even possible, seeing how i am not a computer programmer or website creator myself, but i assume that somehow it would be possible seeing how this site and other sites on the web seem to be able to do similiar and equally complex tasks

that is all

[edit on 6/17/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love your idea, it's great. Perhaps a calendar that contains all the various prophecies on it. By using a code any post with dated information could be automatically posted or linked to it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
...or a little countdown clock at the top of the thread?

It would be a nice idea, I'd also like to see "Predictions" that don't come to fruition moved to the Hoax forum.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes, a clock, please please please, a clock!

Or an hourglass? 'Sands of time running out' and all that?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Please add your idea to the ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future thread.

Closed.

top topics

join