It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we leave now or wait for Evacuation orders?!?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I don't know why some of the so called experts are not talking or being interviewed.Everyone knows gas is trouble and the other chemicals also in this spiller is too.Look around at your plants,bushes also crops in your area some of first things you see if their is trouble.Their will be alot of yellow or white spots not just one or two leaves but everywhere.Then notice the smaller creatures they go first especially small adult birds.Then there trouble in the air.Maybe we see this in the news soon.I feel for the fishermen and others trying to clean up,it will soon raise its head and be known,but they will still say thay don't know.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area are in place
www.examiner.com... announced

I clicked your link and got this...

Gulf Oil Spill 2010 Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced

Article Not Ready
This article is currently being published.
It should be available for viewing in 5 minutes.

Thanks,
The Examiner.com Team

Maybe it got pulled for some reason? Did you manage to get a copy of it?

Edit:
As far as I know the source is pretty reliable.

Edit:
It's back up but the title of the article changed...
"Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area are in place" from
"Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced"
Interesting... and scary...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

Yep...still says Article Not Ready, but my first instinct here is that this article is probably simply going to reassure people and say that they HAVE emergency evacuation plans ready, just in case. They always do in places Florida for things like hurricanes and tsunamis. Probably just not the best-written headline. Let's hope so anyway.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Some of you may want to take note that a few years ago, after Katrina set a precedence, some political officials announced that those who do not evacuate when ordered can be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

When they make it a felony,then I will consider it.
Second verse same as the first.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I would by a canary. These birds have been used to detect gas for ages.

If the canary dies get out of dodge.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Some decent advice here, I was thinking about the canary myself.
Have you made a decision?
I'm following this thread because my daughter and grandson are in Florida, I'm in WV. My daughter hasn't really been following the spill, only what they show on the news which, according to what I've learned on ATS, is very old news by the time it reaches the public.
I've asked her to come home. This is a huge deal because she's doing really well in FL and here there are no jobs, no public transportation, no reliable childcare... no future for someone just starting out. Not much future for those of us who've been around a while either. I'm supporting a household on barely more than minimum wage... mortgage, car payment, utilities... if I didn't work in a fast food restaurant we'd starve, because we can't afford a lot of food, so I bring home leftovers. That's what my daughter is coming back to, so you can see it would be a major sacrifice for her. Basically I've asked her to give up her future.
My daughter is about an hr away from Melbourne beach. She went with a group of people to the beach for the first time on Saturday (June 19). She says the beach was gorgeous, they all had a wonderful time. The following day both my grandson and another lady who went on the trip were very ill.... nausea and vomiting all day. Possibly a coincidence, there's no way to really know right now. I convinced her to do some online research, sent her to ATS and told her to check out some links. Now she's getting scared.
Is it bad that I'm glad she's afraid? If I'm wrong, I could be messing up her entire future, but I'm so scared of the air quality down there. I'm terrified that the tsunami scenario will play out, or the giant methane bubble will burst. I'm even more terrified for the millions and millions of people who are even closer than my daughter is. I really feel like she should leave NOW... I have this gut feeling, like a magnetic pull in the pit of my stomach . I know a lot of people are having that feeling, and rationally, it's probably just nerves, but it just won't go away
On a lighter note, yesterday was my birthday. I got home from work at about 1 a.m this morning, and my younger daughter (who just turned 17 and is the youngest ever valedictorian in her high school, class of 2010... this is me beaming with pride :-)... ) anyway, she had cleaned the kitchen, washed ALL of the dishes, taken out bags and bags of trash, it was totally awesome to come home to. Since she rarely lifts a finger, I think this might actually mean the world really is coming to and end.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AliWV

I think you have done all you can do which is to offer her a place to live, even if it is temporarily. She has to decide for herself to take that advice or not.

A belated happy birthday to you!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Do you mean this article?

UPDATED: June 14, 2010

"Gulf Oil Spill 2010: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area are in place"

"As FEMA and other government agencies prepare for what is now being called the worst oil spill disaster in history, plans to evacuate the Tampa Bay area are in place.

The plans would be announed in the event of a controlled burn of surface oil in the Gulf of Mexico, or if wind or other conditions are expected to take toxic fumes through Tampa Bay.

This practice has been used by the US Forestry service, when fire and smoke threaten the health and well being of people.

The elderly and those with respiratory problems would be more susceptible to health risks, in the event of a controlled burn.

Estimates of the rate of BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill have varied. Independent scientists now suggest that the true spill rate, before the riser pipe was cut off in June, was between 20,000 and 50,000 barrels a day.

Since the April 20th explosion, which resulted in the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig, there have been more than a million gallons of chemicals poured into the Gulf of Mexico in efforts to break up the spill. The chemicals have come under scrutiny because of their own toxic nature.

It is not certain if the massive slick will have to be set on fire near Tampa Bay, but the possibility has not been ruled out.

BP has been using controlled burnes as a way to contain the oil spill since the crisis began. Plans to do additional controlled burns around the well site were announced by Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen at a briefing in early June."

which has a source here: www.examiner.com... announced

But when you follow the link, all you see is:

"Article Not Ready"

Interesting huh?

And here's a video of some of the burning going on: (Louisiana area)

www.youtube.com...

From the source: "June 10, 2010 — LATEST VIDEO TODAY NOT SEEN ON TV OIL SPILL BREAKING NEWS MILITARY AERIAL VIEW BURN BREAKING NEWS TODAY VIDEO COURTESY DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AERIAL VIEW OF BURN INSITU Burn (Controlled Burn) They Have to Burn the Oil They Collect. Scientists Say 40 Million Gallons of Oil Released into the Ocean as high as 40 thousand barrels per day or 1.6 million gallons. 100,000 barrels could be leaking a day says Ira Leafer researcher at UCSB UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA SANTA BARBARA. Video of Controlled burn of the Gulf Coast Oil Spill. Video by Chief Petty Officer Bob Laura. Produced by Deepwater Response Unified Command."

[edit on 21-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i got a quistion

hom much water could 1 storm bring inland in the worst case
or after 10 storms??

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
Do you have family in the north?? I for one have sent resumes to try to help the oil spill but they all are unanswered of course. If there was any way to help the oil spill I would if i were you. I don't think the situation is getting any better by the day, only worse. If you can't help the oil spill then why wait for a mandatory evacuation? Find family up north and move back when the coast is clear. No pun intended.

why do u want 2 help the oil spill
isnt it bad enough??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
connect the dots and ul know wat 2 expect also pause at 2:05
my advice??leave as quick as u can seriously

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Come on ATS, this is just embarassing.
The level of paranoia here is laughable. Its an oil spill. Bad for Sea life, not so bad for humans. Get over it. Its a bad environmental disaster but all this talk of doom and mass evacuations just highlights the low intelligence of the average poster in this board.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

quit derailing threads please
snd line

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
IF you are going to leave then do so now, IF there is an evacuation order, stay where you are, it's already too late for you by then.

Fear and panic are more dangerous than any threat from the gulf oil spill, or any current storms in the region.

Any massive evacuation for such an event would likely kill more people than the event itself.

I have been in the southern gulf coast states and witnessed an evacuation where all routes leading out of an area were completely jammed, people running out of fuel, water and food, medicine and in extremely hot humid conditions... You would have highways of death.

People are better off staying home and inside, if you are worried about toxic rain simply stay out of it.

Your chances are better where you are, rather than joining thousands or perhaps millions in some massive panic exodus from the region.

People need to remain calm, there have been very similar oil disasters in the gulf before this... The difference now is that the media is exaggerating this to help push through radical environmentalist legislation and will do all that they can to use this spill to demonize oil, the oil industry and ultimately kill it while collecting trillions in new energy taxes.

If you want to be afraid, you should fear the agenda, not the rain or oil and chemicals.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
Come on ATS, this is just embarassing.
The level of paranoia here is laughable. Its an oil spill. Bad for Sea life, not so bad for humans. Get over it. Its a bad environmental disaster but all this talk of doom and mass evacuations just highlights the low intelligence of the average poster in this board.

Okay bro gotta deny some ignorance here.
It is NOT and oil "spill". It is an uncontrollable gusher of primarily gasses which are EXTREMELY bad for humans. Also there is no getting over the documented health problems from exposure to them at levels far lower than being measured.
As for the talk of 'doom' well you know call me a softy but I consider the complete disruption of a populations livelihoods and lives with the almost guaranteed health problems that come with exposure to the already measured gasses certainly a form of doom for them.
As for mass evacuations IMO it is very wise to keep abreast of any such activities in any emergency, especially when one lives in an area which is prone to such anyway due to weather, factor in the gasses which will be kicked up by same only a fool would discount the increase in probability of evacuation in a storm.
Finally I simply refuse to even address your attack upon the intelligence of the "forum".
I hope my post has helped you become less ignorant of the actual conditions of this situation and will assist you in posting less attacking positions regarding this siuation.
N.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
www.youtube.com...
connect the dots and ul know wat 2 expect also pause at 2:05
my advice??leave as quick as u can seriously

This video is blocked in the US.

The Youtube link you posted says:

"This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Could you tell us what information the video contained?.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

But there wont be a mass evacuation. The gases arent dangerous to people on the coast. In fact, lets just leave our disagreement here and I will come back in a few weeks and you will see that nothing would have happened. Nobody Evacuated, Nobody Dead. Again, its just oil.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

as for ur question yes
for what i (MIGHT)enjoy
watching millions of people die sufficating burning getting diseases
thats MY form of entertaiment
i hope u enjoyed my comment
cuz ur enjoyment is outta place here
and u will soon find out why

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by illusions

tnx so much 4 seeing my clipp and tellin me im lloozin it
thats wat i wanted 2 hear really as i probably was
i really wasnt trying 2 cause more fear but it was based on fear (with good reason)
as for investigating i have been 4for 5 or six years
i believe the same companies profited from this as they did with nine eleven
they also put that in a clip on tv before it happened
and this with 2 www.youtube.com...

movies ,its so completely obvious
i guess GETTING READY @ PULL THE PLUG
ALOT OF PEOPLE GET INSANELY THIRSTY I GET IT
GONNA BE STUCK ON A BOAT WIH A STUPID HAT
BAXTER[ www.baxter.com...)BAXTEr READ head of bp)who is just a puppet
www.abovetopsecret.com...
THE DEADLY CHEMICALS CAUSED no HARM CAUSE FAST CLEANUP.
A FEW NUTS MAYBE (thats us)
A PERFECT MIX,CAUSED BY OUR INFINITE LOVE(read infinite hate)
and people who look EXACTLY like those people who suppose to be cleaning up the oil but are doing nuthing but throwing sand on it and eating out of their noses next 2 a grim reaper who looks like a maniac with the news guy LAUGHING at u at 2:05 all in a 3 minute clip doesnt mean ANYTHING.
WEll im sure u are wright
a company called the made of the mist ( read toxic cloud)
and thiswww.youtube.com... also dont mean ANYTHIING
u must be wright
ERODDDING ERODINGGGG
back to u f ..ers

these ar quotes from another movie clip of the movie bruce almighty
www.youtube.com...
alos pd sound like bp doesnt it also it a clip of somebody totally controlling the news guy,think about it

or
thanks

[edit on 1-7-2010 by icecold7]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by icecold7]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join