It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we leave now or wait for Evacuation orders?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

You have to go with your instints. If you do not feel safe, then I would suggest you evacuate.

Unfortunately if it comes to that, I fear it will be far more than 2 million people trying to escape the region, though.

GBD

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first time posting on ABS, thanks for the forum. I watched a documentary on Discovery, History or Science Channel, I really don’t remember which, sometime within the past 6 months, about a lake, somewhere in the world, couldn’t tell you where. Anyway, neighbors found in a surrounding area massive deaths. All the people, birds, animals and insects were dead in a large but isolated area.

Scientist found that the dead lake, which was known to have no fish for decades, had a layer of gas that had been seeping up from the lakebed had created a “dead zone” of the whole lake. Long story short, the lake “burped” causing a gas mist to waft sinisterly threw the township, silently killing everything that it came into contact with.

My question….. Could this happen in the Gulf of Mexico?

Also, I have heard nothing of the impending outcome of oil soaked farmlands in the nation’s “bread belt” due to possible hurricanes. This would taint our nations food supply, not only for us but for our livestock!

Sooooo, being the conspiracist that I am, I began looking to HAARP web sites for the possibility of intervention of imminent storms and hurricanes that will ultimately exasperate our dire situation.

Any comments?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Piper96

I have supplies all ready(but the gas mask thing i need to look into)I lived in Seattle for awhile so i am familiar with MT.Rainer.as for as work i get a monthly benefit from the Military and my wife works,it would be a close call but we can make it from my monthly.

As far as the Houston thing i want to know what is up as well

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The hazard of this constant and near to unstoppable poison gusher is not just the crude oil which is toxic. It is the methane and hydrogen sulfide and other chemicals that are being released in gas form and then freezing. These frozen gas and oil mixtures are floating in huge toxic icebergs at between 2000 and 3000 feet right now. They will eventually come close enough to the surface to decompress and these toxic gases will form heavier than air pockets that the wind will blow on shore.

Populations in the way of these clouds will die in huge numbers if they hit a city. The oil will kill all life in the oceans that they come in contact with. This will become a mortal danger in itself as the disease from rotting sea life will further pollute the oceans and tributaries.

I think in the end as much as 1/3 of the waters of the Earth will die as a result of this incident. I moved from Florida myself recently and moved 1000 miles inland and to an altitude of over 1400 ft. I might move even further up in the near future. I am to say the least alarmed over this situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am a long way from the Gulf but have put myself in your position 100 times.

The problem is we have so many conflicting messages: we have the info on the internet - but then we look around at our neighbours (and Obama) and they seem so unconcerned we feel silly for panicking. Oh, to live in their blissful states of ignorance!

But personally, I think if you have somewhere to go and CAN leave now, then DO.

The most that can happen is that you were cautious (and you can always return home when the situation becomes clearer).

To stay, despite your instincts. would be harder to bear in the long run.

The evil 'people' who run this world are SATANISTS. It would suit them perfectly for millions to be wiped out in one fell swoop (making up for their failed swine flu pandemic).

Take care whatever you decide.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well it will never change you as a Man, listening to your wife, and in this case her Mother-in Law... Well maybe it will, no one will notice, except you!!
Darn she was right!

I said the same thing in my 38 years with the same Wife, and it hurts sometimes to hear it, when your right... your right, regardless of who you are.

It's just the way it is.

With eye's, ear's, and heart, go forward, vear North however!

Jesse

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I remember you said in another post that you were in the Houston are and looking for a job. The first time you pulled this stunt it was funny (somewhat) but now it is growing tired.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Remember that worst cast scenario is an opportunity to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I would keep spare gas and have some supplies and clothes packed for quick escape if necessary. If you can smell the gas, that would be the time to take a vacation. Otherwise prepare and keep an eye on the situation. You and your wife are the only ones who can make your decision. May you stay safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I may be wrong but it seems that I remember erehwon posting
a comment about Houston in one of the hundreds of threads
on this disaster, as a joke. He wants many people to leave Houston
so he can more easily find a job there.....

I will edit this statement if wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by Merigold

I can't for the life of me understand why one would want to evacuate from an oil spill.

There is probably more risk of injury by petrochemicals from the wifes makeup or that new FDA approved medication than there is the oil spill.

Dont think anyone is wrried about the oil, its the gas/methane bubble we are worried about. Ony fish and birds need to evac from the oil and per the TBT "paper" today they are now being found on coastal shores. Such a sad thing to see all this death with so little care. Sometimes I wonder why we do these stupid things that we do. Why do we permit oil companies to buy up clean energy patents just so they can hide them away??

We have done this and like the animals in the sea its time we die for our mistakes. Unlike them in the ocean/forests that died and are still dieing from our mistakes and desicions.

I hate feeling like this but I am so sick of what we are doing to our planet. I have never been a tree hugger but honestly deep done I know what we do is wrong and what many claim as the "tree hugging hippy" way is truley the way we where to live. In perpetual balance with nature.

I can only hope when all is sad and done the next species that rules earth after we are gone will be more attentive to the world and what it has given to them and continues to give to them.

It gave us life: with the cool winds to breath, crisp clear springs to drink from and the purest of fruits or vegtables to eat.

In return we gave her: air polution to destroy her cool fresh air, water polution to darken her rivers to tar and acid rain/waste dumps to destroy her body "soil".

We where given so much and in return we have taken all that was given and destroyed it, burnt it and flooded it with toxins. Yet we still want her to give more? Ask for more when we take all and destroy all??

How dare we presume we where ever entitled to this honor and how shamed am I to be grouped with such destruction.

Personally I await the extinction of humans as we are nothing but a parasite of the pure we are that tarnished and should be scrubbed from exsistance.

Sad is the day:

Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

Learn this! Know this! Preach this! Then and only then will we be worthly to live!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not a good decision to make, don't envy you.

This is a gut thing, your gut, your wife's gut, and ma-inlaws ...

You can rationalise any decision you make, but your gut feeling is what will make you comfortable with your choice.

Sounds like you have a good start, having discussed it already, etc.

God speed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am truly thankful to all those that replied...but i wish i knew what is really going on.I just read a post where all the sea life is collecting en-masse to the shallow shores and how GS4 and wackenhut security firm are not letting people into the beaches here in MS.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Just to make it clear. I absolutely DO NOT believe there is any reason to evacuate, and "advising" people otherwise is irresponsible AND immoral.

If you want to sit around ATS all day and scare yourself with every WCS in existence that is your prerogative, but when you begin spreading the fear around you're actions become immoral.

Go buy a a DVD or something like a good little "conspiracy theorist", because have no doubt about it, the fear is VERY profitable.

You ( the ones spreading the ludicrous "theories") are once again giving the rest of us ( the sane rational non OMFGITEOTWAWKI at the drop of hat crowd) a bad name.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One more reason why I don't want to evacuate..

This is my family's ancestral home.

For 13 generations we have lived, loved, laughed, cried, and died along the Gulf of Mexico. I have lived elsewhere, but this is home. And while I'm not stubborn enough not to leave if I feel there is a genuine threat to my family, I'm also not "lemming enough" to go as soon as a possible evacuation order could be issued.

I don't trust the goverment at all, and we're going to need some people to stay behind in the aftermath to try to get the true story out.

Not necessarily saying that will be me, but that's how I see things at the moment.

GBD

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Although I believe there is much more to this spill than we are told by MSM, I wanted you all to know that I live 30 minutes from Houston, hubby works in Houston, son and his family live in Pearland and none of us would even know there was an oil spill if it were not on the news. There is no smell in the air. There is no more sickness than normal. Gas prices are the same. Everything is just as it was this time last year and the thirty some odd years before that.

If you have family here and are concerned, please call them as it never hurts to play things safe. However don't let one poster's sensationalism frighten you.

As to the OP, like many others here, you should make your decisions based on your family's needs and abilities, IMO. Do what you think is best as it is always a bad idea to let others influence you. Good luck and be safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Originally posted by manta78

I may be wrong but it seems that I remember erehwon posting
a comment about Houston in one of the hundreds of threads
on this disaster, as a joke. He wants many people to leave Houston
so he can more easily find a job there.....

I will edit this statement if wrong.

You are not wrong, here is the post in question:

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
YES PLEASE HURRY!!!!

EVERYONE GET OUT NOW!!!!

Get out of Houston while you can, dont hesitate, or you will perish.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tell your employer you are leaving. They have database with the government and WILL track you.

Better to post here your (short) job description and where you used to work.

I need a job, and the less of you here, the better my chances.......

LEAVE NOW!!! Or you are DOOMED!

Excellent post! TY Jane Source

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Here is a link about gas masks...they aren't going to remove 100% of the toxins from the air, but they definately help...You will want to research where you can get the correct cartridges from what it looks like here...

nasdonline.org...

(I know it's an agriculture site LOL but it was informative about methane and gas masks
)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Piper96]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ello dude,

fair play for trying to get ideas together. rather now than later!!

i listened to a radio show last night on youtube and they interviewed richard c hoagland, he was talking about the very real risk of a tsunami event if this cavity where the gas is stored collapses, you know there's a very real chance thats what the greedy dunts are trying for, or something like it.- www.youtube.com...

i think you at least need to get as ready to leave as possible, bags belongings packed and windows boarded up!

i think you need to bear in mind-
a)if the ptb want to depopulate, would they sacrifice the national guard thats there? could you use them as a bit of a warning? i bet they've got the speech already to read to the public as to why there wasn't much of a warning!

b) like you said trying to get outa dodge whilst 2 million other peeps try to get outa dodge wouldn't be worth the agro!!

part of me thinks give it a couple of weeks and you should have a better idea of things, you should be safe, just keep an ear to the ground and be ready to get lively, but the other parts thinking do it now, get out, get to safety, it'll be first come first served.

i suppose it boils down to, do you wanna try n out run a tsunami with minimal warning and a lot of people in the way or do you wanna be GQ smooth n be ready all comfortable with ya popcorn... so to spk?lol.

have fun, i hope it all works out what ever happens!

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]having trouble smokin and typing

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY] too many times

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I cannot stand this epic facepalm of a board.

Everyone.

Say it with me now.

O I L S P I L L

Stop confusing the above with "apocalypse." It only makes you look, utterly, stupid.

I'm telling you this site gets worse and worse every day.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Nah, I live near Houston and havent worked in year.

I need a job, and figure less competition would increase my chances.

Dont ya just love capitalism!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join