It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we leave now or wait for Evacuation orders?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
By miles we are 86 miles north of Gulfport Ms.With all the buzz going on about the Oil Spill and seems as if since the POTUS made his useless speech the other night i could sense that he seemed as if this situation would only get worse.

My question i pose to ATS is should i Pack my family up and head north or should i wait it out.My wife who has told me on a number of occasions told me i was an alarmist,is starting herself to get freaked and wanting to pull up and leave.

We are both ex-Army and agree that there is something a bit uneasy about mobilizing the number of National Guard"to fight the oil spill"they"the Guard"or a land based front"and they most of them cannot go out into the Gulf where the fight is needed.

My wife feels this is the start of some looming event to take place.so should we leave while the roads are clear or just wait to be told to leave??????

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I think the best idea would be to get some supplies ready for Hurricane season and maybe stop watching so much TV. maybe stock up a bit of petrol incase the prices go up some.

I don't really know how much damage an oil slick could do when you're 86 miles inland though. Probably not really worth worrying about.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't live in the coast, but I can only imagine that if you live by the coast, let say you have a beach front of close to it, the oil smell and the gases can be dangerous to your health.

Let not forget if a storm comes to the coast and all that tar and oil wash out in your front lawn or backyard.

I think that is up to the people in the most affected areas to take matter into their hands, but then again it could be some liabilities of abandoning your home, perhaps the government or BP fund will pay for the "troubles" of having to relocate if things becomes that bad. . .

I wonder if people that have asthma in the coast will be feeling right now.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Do you have family in the north?? I for one have sent resumes to try to help the oil spill but they all are unanswered of course. If there was any way to help the oil spill I would if i were you. I don't think the situation is getting any better by the day, only worse. If you can't help the oil spill then why wait for a mandatory evacuation? Find family up north and move back when the coast is clear. No pun intended.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Waiting for an evacuation order seems dangerous. Consider how many people are going to be on the highways, the heat, sitting in traffic, if you have children or pets sitting in a hot car going no where because thousands (millions?) are all trying to get out at the same time.

I am from Vancouver (years ago), and remember how hard it was just to get out of town to go camping in the interior of BC. Once you cleared the main highway 4 hours later, it was ok, but that wasn't even an evacuation, just a long weekend

If your wife is now starting to feel uneasy about staying, remember that women are known for their intuition. Even remind her. Better safe than sorry, I would go as soon as possible before the roads get impossible. That way you also have more time to pack up important papers and memorabilia, and you will have more choice on where you might end up

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What evacuation?

You mean the one which is being spouted by every unreliable internet prophet of doom ( and their devoted followers here on ATS) in the same sentence as requests to buy their DVDs?

Only YOU know, this board is the wrong place to ask.

Don't get swept up in the fear which is generated here which for MOST of the posters on this site ( including me, actually) is a form of entertainment.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It depends. Do you feel secure where you are if a mass exodus comes north? Do you have the means to move north, or to stay? Do you have a place in mind that you would have a lively hood should you go now? I'd factor all of those and I would definitely, if able, go north sooner rather than later.

It is quite obvious that the "small" people's help is not wanted to help with the spill, so if you can't help, do the best you can for your family.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If you have the means to do so, I would recommend that you at least temporarily relocate further north/northwest.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
IF you are in HOUSTON or its surrounding areas, LEAVE NOW!!

I repeat, if you are in HOUSTON or surrounding areas, LEAVE NOW!!!

Dont wait!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If there is an "official" evacuation notice that means they are in place and ready to shuttle you to the next Superdome and going house to house to take guns from old ladies.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I can't for the life of me understand why one would want to evacuate from an oil spill.

There is probably more risk of injury by petrochemicals from the wifes makeup or that new FDA approved medication than there is the oil spill.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Dont wait!!!

consider this your EVACUATION ORDER!!

Houston , Pearland, Pasadena, Katy, Conroe, Sugarland, Bellaire, LEAVE NOW

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wait until all the buses show up and there are troops on the streets. I think (don't know) that the feds are going to try to nuke the spill during a regular hurricane evacuation.

Some rumors that there is a methane bubble just under the sea floor on the gulf. The nukes, placed in the relief wells could blow the methane bubble (speculation). Some say that the methane is rising already (speculation again).

You might be safe at 80 miles from the coast. Maybe they can control the mess somehow.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
By miles we are 86 miles north of Gulfport Ms.With all the buzz going on about the Oil Spill and seems as if since the POTUS made his useless speech the other night i could sense that he seemed as if this situation would only get worse.

My question i pose to ATS is should i Pack my family up and head north or should i wait it out.My wife who has told me on a number of occasions told me i was an alarmist,is starting herself to get freaked and wanting to pull up and leave.

We are both ex-Army and agree that there is something a bit uneasy about mobilizing the number of National Guard"to fight the oil spill"they"the Guard"or a land based front"and they most of them cannot go out into the Gulf where the fight is needed.

My wife feels this is the start of some looming event to take place.so should we leave while the roads are clear or just wait to be told to leave??????

Well alchemist2012 here is what I do when I have a similar decision to make

Ask yourself "what would be the worst case scenario BASE on YOURE GUTS feeling!"

Look at the answer and ask yoursel if you are ready to live in that scenario

If not then take action to avoid it, and when I say take action I mean do what it take to minimize it OR avoid it.

In my opinion that is taking responsibility for yourself and youre familly

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I will not go any further then your post for those that have already replied to sway my answer!

You ask with great concern.
My reply will be the same.

Yes, 80+ miles from the coast, your in danger. Realize that when, not if, to move resides in your gut feelings! I can't remember that feeling was wrong ever in my life.

The pressure will be more so once the first Tropical storm approches, the Ocean is hot, so will be the Air!

Take what is precious to you and hang on, but not there!

My insight 800+ miles away. Not certain if that would be enough.

If you think about the loss, it won't compare to the regret.

Just my insight!

Thanks for asking!

Jessemole.....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN

Dont wait!!!

Why? What's going on in Houston? Are they now getting some of the toxic gases and chemicals coming that way. I'm in Dallas so I would like your observation on whats up in Houston now.

Thanx

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Yeah i have family in houston i asked for info but im awaiting a response

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I live 16 miles from the Gulf of Mexico currently, north of Tampa, Florida.

My family lives 35 miles north of Pensacola, Florida. No one I know currently has plans to evacuate, nor do I.

Why?

Simply, I think an evacuation order would not be begun to "save lives". Rather I believe it would be used to hide something. As to exactly what that something might be, I'm not entirely certain.

If the smell of fumes begins to permeate the air, I'll reassess my next course of action. The last thing we need right now is to panic. It's like Paul says in "Dune"...

"Fear is the mindkiller."

GBD

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Yeah I want to wait but my usually positive wife who never reads ATS and sometimes tells me i shouldnt read it as well,has been in a uproar since POTUS came on the other night.

She called her mother in Florida and she said her mother told her"this was a bad time for the earth and the spirits of nature are upset"have no idea what that means my wife is a Seminole.and she is freaking out im trying to calm her down.

But i dont want to be caught in mass exodus of 2 million people myself

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

ErEhWoN:
What is going on in Houston??! I have family and friends there and if something is happening there I need to get them out of there!

As far as you Alchemist2012:
If it were me, I would be looking for work somewhere further north and stocking up on supplies (an emergency suitcase packed, food, gas, water, maybe a generator...etc) now while the stuff is still available. Even just a rumor can start mass hysteria.
Here on the coastal side of WA state we have Mt Rainier and so I have things stocked up in case all you-know-what hits the fan

You never know what's gonna happen with this situation...
What I've found is it's probably going to make you feel better if you are accomplishing something by getting your supplies ready and at the very least having a back up plan started.
The other thing you might be able to do (I've thought about doing this here, but even if I did it wouldn't help because the ash from Mt. Rainier would just clog it anyways) is get some gas masks at a local military surplus store. At this point I don't think you would look paranoid, and if you did get stuck in traffic on the way out of town and the toxic gasses were bad, you wouldn't be in as much danger as everyone else.
Just some ideas for you...Hope it helps...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join