It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

It's troll man come on.

Do you think a Mexican would say "I hope my family makes it through".

And then say 'Viva la raza"

Mexicans who want their illegal family members to cross the border with out getting shot would not use insightful statements like that.

Last I checked sob stories work better.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by 5 oClock

My friend 5 oClock, I think the only thing Americans want to see coming out of that office is this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5574c4694907.jpg[/atsimg]
...That is part of his job, Right?

Yes it is his job, and the sworn oath of his and others, Senators, Pelosi, etc ad nauseum.

This is the only reason the Fed supposedly has value, to give the States greater protection than they would have on thier own.

Feds

S&F!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Er.. Excuse me.. Will the Air Force and the Marines kindly stop their seemingly private conversation for a moment and answer my question please.

Who's job is this? Isn't it the National Guards?

( see their job description in my post above)

I hope that "air force" snip wasn't directed at me. I'm Army!

Edited to add:

If a governor declares a national emergency, then he can activate his guard units, the ones that are fighting over seas. The guard troops over seas are federalized and so answer to the President, AKA the Commander in Chief. When Guard units are federalized for activation, such as being deployed to a war-zone, they are no longer under the control of the state government.

With that being said, It is the job of the Border Patrol, regardless of whether there is a national emergency declared or not. The Border Patrol is supposed to be patrolling that area.

--airspoon

[edit on 17-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Er.. Excuse me.. Will the Air Force and the Marines kindly stop their seemingly private conversation for a moment and answer my question please.

( see their job description in my post above)

I hope that "air force" snip wasn't directed at me. I'm Army!

--airspoon

Uh.. yeah it was.. and My Apologies. Army Airborne div? I mistook your pic as Air Force.

Still.. Can you answer my question?

EDIT: Oh, I see you edited your post.

Thank you for the answer.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I edited my post up top of yours to answer your question.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

I know. I have found a leaked photo that proves it.

Edit to add,

And I am 100% certain this photo was NOT photoshopped!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

With that being said, It is the job of the Border Patrol, regardless of whether there is a national emergency declared or not. The Border Patrol is supposed to be patrolling that area.

--airspoon

So in effect.. the POTUS has knowingly left our borders unprotected since there is no local Guard and he has ordered the Border Patrol not to enter the zone.. is that a fair assessment of the situation?

Is this an impeachable offence?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yes, The National Guard. It has always been responsible to protect America from an Invasion.
But, first you have to have a President with Balls to call the National Guard in to action.
Obama is to busy Apologizing and Bowing and allowing the President of the Invading Nation to bad mouth a State in the Country Obama is sworn to protect from invasion. But of-course Obama just does what he does best, Boob His Head.
He's just to Feminine for most Americans.
I believe my friend Elton John would have already call the Guard to Duty.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I remember this crazy story about this crazy nation called Rome. They could not defend from unruly barbarians, ultimately sacrificing their unity for peace.

What a funny story.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

--airspoon

So in effect.. the POTUS has knowingly left our borders unprotected since there is no local Guard and he has ordered the Border Patrol not to enter the zone.. is that a fair assessment of the situation?

In my opinoin, it most likely wasn't the POTUS. If I had to venture, I would think that it was the CIA pulling strings with other alphabet agencies to get that area cleared. If you read my posts over the last couple pages, you will get a better explanation.

As far as the POTUS, as much as I would like to blame him, I don't think this is his direct fault, though it is happening under his watch so in effect, he does own it. I just don't think that he ordered it. I truly think that the CIA or one of those rogue arms of government did this to have that area cleared for a particular purpose.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thank you guohua and Airspoon.

You know.. what this effectively does is extend the border of Mexico into the United States - by hundreds of miles.

I don't have a pic of this area in front of me - someone please post it - but instead of that little strip of AZ at the bottom of the state, this sealed off zone has a border of many hundreds of miles in radius.

So.. we cannot go in.. Whats to stop them from coming out? This is many miles inland..can the Border Patrol still patrol the outer borders of this zone?

Whoever's job it is to patrol this border of this zone, it must be very taxing to officials. They are suddenly increased demand for border protection without allocating the resources to do so.

I live in Louisiana.. as far as I am concerned, the Gulf Oil Leak and this issue are two of the most pressing issues in our nation. Went through AZ several times years ago. Lovely state. I really hate to see this happening.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So.. we cannot go in.. Whats to stop them from coming out? This is many miles inland..can the Border Patrol still patrol the outer borders of this zone?

Yes they can patrol outside of area.

Look at this proposed legislation that is meant to give border patrol power to patrol area.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.5016:

HR 5016

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

--airspoon

In my opinoin, it most likely wasn't the POTUS. If I had to venture, I would think that it was the CIA pulling strings with other alphabet agencies to get that area cleared. If you read my posts over the last couple pages, you will get a better explanation.

As far as the POTUS, as much as I would like to blame him, I don't think this is his direct fault, though it is happening under his watch so in effect, he does own it. I just don't think that he ordered it. I truly think that the CIA or one of those rogue arms of government did this to have that area cleared for a particular purpose.

--airspoon

I have been reading your post.
It's been unusually dangerous for far to long. The CIA does not need that little patch of desert nor does the NSA or any other of the Alphabet agencies.
That area of the desert as been giving up on, because we don't have the resources to patrol and maintain a constant presence safely.
Our Government is soft on illegal aliens. Now we have the drug runners and coyotes and every other criminal element going through that gap.

Come on down with me and check it out. My self and some of my old working buddies do go out and watch.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The CIA does not need that little patch of desert nor does the NSA or any other of the Alphabet agencies.

You can't say what the CIA needs or don't needs. Hell, like the rest of us you really don't know what their agenda is. But it has been proven that the CIA has a history of being in the drug business. Don't discount the op's opinion so quickly.

Our Government is soft on illegal aliens.

Guess you could say that. But let's take it one step further. Americans have been soft on illegals as well. At least they were when the good times were here.

All this illegal mess didn't flare up like this when the economy was booming.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Yes they can patrol outside of area.

Look at this proposed legislation that is meant to give border patrol power to patrol area.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.5016:

HR 5016

Thank you.. that link is is not working but I found it searching for it.
I tried linking, it didn't work. People will just have to search on the site for H.R.5016

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by guohua

The CIA does not need that little patch of desert nor does the NSA or any other of the Alphabet agencies.

You can't say what the CIA needs or don't needs. Hell, like the rest of us you really don't know what their agenda is. But it has been proven that the CIA has a history of being in the drug business. Don't discount the op's opinion so quickly.

Our Government is soft on illegal aliens.

Guess you could say that. But let's take it one step further. Americans have been soft on illegals as well. At least they were when the good times were here.

Yes. I'm sure the drug trade was useful when required for out side finances.

Most people I know Legals and American Citizens alike didn't care for what others accepted as a norm. Booming economy or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'd like to post this because I think it's important that people see this border/extent of area that is closed off.

Its a video found here: video.foxnews.com...

AT 15 through 24 on the counter they show a clear picture of the extent of this border. If I can capture the video I want to post this picture below the video.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"...By nominating me, my party has made a choice to welcome the new America." - George W. Bush, August 2000

"Our intentionally unsecured borders and our government's deliberate and unapologetic lack of enforcement of our immigration and employment laws is merely a necessary step to a much larger goal - a "New America" in a "North American Community."

You would think that this topic - which has already been exposed almost a decade ago, would be a well known agenda...

First came NAFTA - North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement. This was established by Bill Clinton, and became the knell for American corporations to being an exodus below the border, which caused amssive losses within the job sector, for Americans in the manufacturing and logistics industries.

After that, CAFTA - Central American Free Trade Agreement - came into existance.

Then, under George W. Bush, the FTAA - Free Trade Area of the Americas - came into being, which the SPP (Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America) [PDF] was signed into effect.

"President George Bush, President Vicente Fox of Mexico, and Prime Minister Paul Martin of Canada unveiled a blueprint for a safer and more prosperous North America when they announced the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) on March 23, 2005 in Waco, Texas"

Why do people think that the Mexican President was able to say the words he did in response to Arizona's new immigration reforms FROM THE LAWN OF THE WHITE HOUSE, WITH OBAMA STANDING RIGHT BESIDE HIM, WHILE HE RAVAGED ARIZONA WITH SCATHING CONDEMNATION?!

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT ILLEGAL ALIENS WERE ALLOWED TO MARCH ON THE STREETS OF AMERICAN CITIES IN PROTEST OF THE NEW ARIZONA IMMIGRATION LAW, EVEN WITH THE MESSAGE TO THREATEN AMERICANS WITH WEAPONS AND KILL AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PROCESS?!

So... What's really going on with the lack of Federal support people?

Get any clues yet?

[edit on 6/17/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I have been reading your post.
It's been unusually dangerous for far to long. The CIA does not need that little patch of desert nor does the NSA or any other of the Alphabet agencies.
That area of the desert as been giving up on, because we don't have the resources to patrol and maintain a constant presence safely.
Our Government is soft on illegal aliens. Now we have the drug runners and coyotes and every other criminal element going through that gap.

Come on down with me and check it out. My self and some of my old working buddies do go out and watch.

I don't pretend to know it as fact, only that it seems most logical based upon my own research. Here is what I do know for a fact. The government does not cede national security for environemntal reasons. If the government is claimning that this area isn't patrolled for environmental reasons than it is clearly lying. If it is lying about this, it would be safe to suggest that this lie is a cover for something.

Now think about it. The southern border with Mexico, in a high drug Trafficking area. Most of us know that the CIA pretty much runs the narco market. With all of the violence between the cartels, we can only conclude that the market is being rattled. When you put it all together, it would seem the most logical. Are the cages rattling because the CIA is now moving drugs over land, stepping on the toes of these cartels? Could this be a strategic move to eliminate some of these cartels through war-far in fighting over the corridor? Of course these cartels don't need this corridor either.

This is just way too much to be blamed on simple illegal immigration, IMO. This area has been purposefully cleared and then covered-up as to why it was cleared. With the government's history of running drugs, it only seems logical to put two and two together. Remember, the market share of narcotics is getting bigger and bigger. Soon, air and sea travel won't simply suffice.

Agsin, none of us have the facts, so we can only speculate. This has way more significance than simply to allow illegal aliens to cross the border.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I really, Really, REALLY hope that this immigration issue doesn't spark another civil war.

When we have radical folks like Pelosi and her followers and the militant radical right holding and controlling so much "people power" for their causes, I just pray to the Great Electron that this ridiculous immigration issue doesn't serve as a platform for bloodshed - political or otherwise...

Seeing as how the issue is so hotly debated from the left and right, I can, unfortunately, totally see us going off our rockers over this.

I pray that I'm wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join