It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah like Obama does not use his executive order like bubble gum.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TCHOP561
One thing still ponders me. If you were the president of the United States. Why would you tell your enemies your area of most vulnerability? This is just asking for an attack.

STUPID!

Stupid only scratches the surface here with this president. The American people expect our President to be a LEADER, obama's not up to the job. Oh, he's good at strong arming senators to pass the health care bill, he's good at looking pretty while another president slams Arizona. But as far as making a simple decision and saying enough is enough and move in troops an forcefully take back control of what is ours? He doesn't have the @#!!'s.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
To me, this is starting to sound like certain forces within the government (CIA) need this corridor open for their drugs to get through and ultimately wind up on the streets of America.

Think about it for a minute... Environmental concerns don't trump national security, not even the fake national security that we get today. In fact, nothing trumps national security. For instance, we use depleted uranium or DU as that not only hurts the environment, but also human beings. Also, if you remember the contravercial sonar that the Navy was using that wound up hurting the ocean wildlife. Apparently, the Navy was allowed to use this sonar anyway, as it was a national security issue, according to a SCOTUS ruling.

In filing their brief, the groups cited Navy documents which estimated that such testing would kill some 170,000 marine mammals and cause permanent injury to more than 500 whales, not to mention temporary deafness for at least 8,000 others. Coalition lawyers argued that the Navy’s testing was in violation of the National Environmental Policy Act, the Marine Mammal Protection Act and the Endangered Species Act.

Two lower courts upheld NRDC’s claims, but the Supreme Court ruled that the Navy should be allowed to continue the use of some mid-frequency sonar testing for the sake of national security.
Source: www.scientificamerican.com...

It is more clear than ever that this section of our border isn't cut-off from patrols due to the wildlife, rather the wildlife is used as a cover. Why would they need a large section of the border free from agents?
Well, to run the narcotics of course. We all know that the CIA is behind the illicit narcotics market.

--airspoon

Hi airspoon,

I think you hit the nail square on the head!! YES it makes sense. The CIA carries much clout and they are notorious for drug trafficking.

A wildlife refuge and pretending to care about the environment would be an ideal COVER for CIA black ops.

Logically, along with loose immigration laws, enemy infiltration would follow suit. The Feds control the area so who are they going to tell? Heck they already ran the reserve dry...maybe that's why they need to resort to selling drugs, to pay their bills.

Brb, need to throw a load of laundry in the wash.

Toni

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Antoniastar]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, Hillary talking about the Fed. going after AZ:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Are some of you guys sending your money to the cartels or what?

I already told you that the land is in turmoil because they don't allow border patrol to do its job.

Environmental reasons. Look it up yourself or go here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for those of you who say the men in the video look white, what color do you think Mexicans are?

They come in all shades. There are many gueros in Mexico. The other option is that there are US personnel fighting in Mexico like Napolitano allured to.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And to the op, thank you for bringing up a potential possibility of CIA involvement.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

The only problem i find with Airspoon account it that the CIA does not need drugs to be brought to them, they fly this stuff in themselves tons of it in each plane flight.

Not only that But Cartels don't work with the CIA because the CIA is their competition.

The CIA works with The Mexican government Air authority. They bribe them for refueling spots and such. But they don't work with the Cartels. They are like Cats and Dogs.

Hell even the Cartels don't get their arms from the CIA, the CIA exchanges arms with the colombians for drugs then the colombians trade arms for money with the cartels.

I think the CIA is trying to create a war zone south of the Arizona Border. Just imagin a free pass to cross drugs into the US, every Cartel in Mexico is going to be waring for this bottleneck. This war will spill into the US. Arizona will back of the Bill, Drones will pass as a legal means to patrol armed.

And Mexico south of Arizona becomes a refugee breeder and Mexicans sworn to to Arizona due to the full out war there.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I live in Sacramento and I'm ashamed of what my city has recently done - Our city counsel has officially boycotted Arizona - which means that if you are a city employee, you cannot travel to Arizona. Also, any city contracts with Arizona businesses will continue until the contract is up and no new contracts will be started.

www.news10.net...

What a waste of time!!!

Arizona is only trying to protect themselves, and this news of the fed closing off US land to US CITIZENS is crazy!!! What the hell is going on? Really?

If I lived down there near the border, well...I probably can't say what I really want to say, but I'm sure some of you understand.

Has the world always been this crazy or am I only beginning to understand because of age and wisdom?

ETA - I can't seem to spell - the 211 must be kickin' in!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by breakonthrough9]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Actually it would be easy and cheap to monitor the border with smaller UAVs, but the FAA has not regulated them to fly in the states yet so we are stuck with costly and limited Predators and troops to do the job.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I already told you that the land is in turmoil because they don't allow border patrol to do its job.

Environmental reasons. Look it up yourself or go here.

I just don't buy this at all. The SCOTUS (NDRC vs. Navy, though I'm not sure of the actual names filed and thus the official case name) has already ruled that national security issues over-rule environmental issues.
See article: www.scientificamerican.com...

Along with that SCOTUS ruling, the government has already proven that environmental issues take a back seat to those of national security. This whole "environmental" excuse is just that, an excuse. It's a cover for something else. What that "something else" is, we can only speculate. Maybe it's a secret underground base. Maybe it's another project along those lines, though I suspect that it has to do with the narco trade.

--airspoon

reply to post by Izarith

You have to believe that the CIA doesn't rely solely on shipments through aircraft, especially after that one crash with the 20 tons of coke. Their are so much narcotics coming into this country that you would need air, sea and land. In 2006, when this section was closed off, the CIA probably wanted a better market share and thus starting moving product over land too. Of course moving the product over land is more risky that the see and air. So, they would have needed to minimize their risk.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Many terrorists have already come across through that border.....The public is just not told about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

My friend 5 oClock, I think the only thing Americans want to see coming out of that office is this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5574c4694907.jpg[/atsimg]
Obama and the low life's in his Administration can do his bidding and bring an law suite against us here in Arizona.
In doing so, we will be asking for his resignation for not protecting us and all other Americans. That is part of his job, Right?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There is a guy in a video here www.abovetopsecret.com... Billions are spent to protect the Israeli, Korean, Afghani and Iraqi borders...

and he says the US spends billions to secure the borders of other countries and to not be able to secure our own border is inexcusable.

That's a great point. Who's job is this.. isn't it the National Guards job?

I demand to know why Obama and TPTB are not sending troops in here to arrest or kill these clear enemies of The United States and liberate our lands.

This is Unthinkable. What is wrong with our Government?

From the National Guards website:

"About the National Guard

The National Guard, the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions, celebrated its 370th birthday on December 13, 2006. The National Guard traces its history back to the earliest English colonies in North America. Responsible for their own defense, the colonists drew on English military tradition and organized their able-bodied male citizens into militias.

The colonial militias protected their fellow citizens from Indian attack, foreign invaders, and later helped to win the Revolutionary War. Following independence, the authors of the Constitution empowered Congress to "provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia." However, recognizing the militia's state role, the Founding Fathers reserved the appointment of officers and training of the militia to the states. Today's National Guard still remains a dual state-Federal force.

Throughout the 19th century the size of the Regular Army was small, and the militia provided the bulk of the troops during the Mexican War, the early months of the Civil War, and the Spanish-American War. In 1903, important national defense legislation increased the role of the National Guard (as the militia was now called) as a Reserve force for the U.S. Army. In World War I, which the U.S. entered in 1917, the National Guard made up 40% of the U.S. combat divisions in France; in World War II, National Guard units were among the first to deploy overseas and the first to fight.

Following World War II, National Guard aviation units, some of them dating back to World War I, became the Air National Guard, the nation's newest Reserve component. The Guard stood on the frontiers of freedom during the Cold War, sending soldiers and airmen to fight in Korea and to reinforce NATO during the Berlin crisis of 1961-1962. During the Vietnam war, almost 23,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called up for a year of active duty; some 8,700 were deployed to Vietnam. Over 75,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called upon to help bring a swift end to Desert Storm in 1991.

Since that time, the National Guard has seen the nature of its Federal mission change, with more frequent call ups in response to crises in Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo, and the skies over Iraq. Most recently, following the attacks of September 11, 2001, more than 50,000 Guardmembers were called up by both their States and the Federal government to provide security at home and combat terrorism abroad. In the largest and swiftest response to a domestic disaster in history, the Guard deployed more than 50,000 troops in support of the Gulf States following Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Today, tens of thousands of Guardmembers are serving in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan, as the National Guard continues its historic dual mission, providing to the states units trained and equipped to protect life and property, while providing to the nation units trained, equipped and ready to defend the United States and its interests, all over the globe. "

[edit on 17-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It just might be an excuse to cover something up.

But remember they have the same issue up North.

The environment is winning.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Many terrorists have already come across through that border.....The public is just not told about it.

Probably have. I bet many terrorists have also come into this country legally just like the 9/11 hijackers, underwear bomber, shoe bomber and other cells they have found in the US.

Reality is that terrorist can come in many ways, not just the Southern Border.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well isn't that Just SWELL. We can spend 9 years looking for someone hiding
in a CAVE thousands of miles away , but they drag their feet fighting
real terror right here on our Borders and Inside our borders.
Taxpaying citizens lives are threatened and these spineless incompetents
allow it to happen. We need another Theodore Roosevelt type leader in
America folks. Fix it or get out of the way!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The environmentalists lose in court, which is where they have to take these issues to be successful. When it has to do with national security, the environmentalists don't have a leg to stand on.

We should remember that the Canadian border is an important one also for narco trafficking. It is where a lot of the MDMA (ecstasy)comes into the country. However, with that being said, our border to the north isn't as dire for national security. We pretty much trust the Canadians to do a good job with their own Customs Agency. In short, the Canadian border isn't nearly as much of a national security issue as the border to our south.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
reply to post by getreadyalready

I bet they have too. Terrorists have also came through legal channels as well, such as elections. The terrorists have been here since 1913!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheChemist187

Originally posted by TheChemist187
For one I'm glad there not doing this. Hopefully the rest of my family could come through without no problems or fear of getting shot like the recent TJ boarder incident. Viva la raza.

Wait, what!?

For one,
you stated that you see it fine for the "rest of you family" to come into this country via illegal means. That, is violation of United States federal law... last I heard.
For two,
I sincerely hope you are not being serious with that comment, I really want to believe that you are just trying to be sarcastic. No? Mucho gusto if you (and your soon to be relocated family) has taken the necessary steps to acquiring a full and legal citizenship here. If not, expect nothing neighborly from me, or my family. Guess that's what you get with old Texas blood and name like myself.

Thank you for your time, though.
Mr. Houston
(aka telemetry)

[edit on 10/6/17 by telemetry]

[edit on 10/6/17 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I agree with you about the courts. I believe the problem here is that the fed has decided to abide by the regulations.

Eventually I think the policy will be changed and the area will be patrolled properly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Er.. Excuse me.. Will the Air Force and the Marines kindly stop their seemingly private conversation for a moment and answer my question please.

Who's job is this? Isn't it the National Guards?

( see their job description in my post above)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join