It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Lock it down.

That's all I got to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok, the first problem I see with deploying troops to the border is that it would be a pointless campaign. This territory is right on the border, correct? All they could do is push them to retreat and they would do so back into Mexico, where we would not be able to follow. Even if, for some reason, Mexico allowed us to cross over, what insane politician, right before the elections, would give that order? Who needs another Mexican child dead?

At that point it would become a permanent guard post, protecting against guerrilla style warfare. They don't want that either, I would imagine.

The only way to fight for the land in Arizona, unfortunately, is through militia. If they were to put up a fight and start gaining ground, you wanna bet if they would have a problem crossing over a couple of miles in?

And let's say that irritates the government and they then send troops to deal with the local 'insurgency', imagine what a bad PR move it would be to fight or arrest American citizens when drug dealers run rampant just around the corner?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Kharron]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by name pending
reply to post by airspoon

You know what it's laughable, if Obama deploys soldiers these same people would be screaming to the top of their lungs that army is deployed against US citizens. They will say Obama turned USA into police state and blah blah.

No, I think they'd be cheering obama for finally doing something right for once. But part of the reason is obama's still probably ticked at Arizona for passing there illegal alien bill.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
That's is mind blowing!

The most powerful military presence in the world can't secure their own borders...

It's almost as if they want the invasion. And if they don't do anything about it, then WE will be forced to do so as the area may get bigger by the day. Obama kinda blew off the immigration issue. I guess he's too busy to do his job. It almost feels like they are pushing us into an open conflict with Mexico. They have always found ways to turn people on each other, resulting in violent clashes. It would also play into their depopulation agenda. And since we or the warring factions will have had to initiate it, the PTB can, again, claim deniability.
Didn't them buttholes already deploy drones in Texas? Perhaps we can slip a few to the problem areas instead of protecting our CIA coke boats?

Hi Outtatime

Yeah ain't that somethin'. You know, it's funny that you mention the word invasion because about a month ago I had a dream that America was invaded by aliens. Since I'm a blossoming sci-fi writer, I thought at the time, that the dream was exclusively referencing space aliens (especially since I vividly saw myself running away from space saucers with multi-colored rotating lights), but now, retrospectively, I am seeing more than that...

As an illegal alien invasion.

Drones watching the borders, what a great idea!!!
Hopefully they aren't too busy to at least toss that idea back and forth.

If homeland war does break out here, I'd want someone like you on my side. TPTB would just have to accept the loss. Gain a brain, lose a slave

Toni

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
Lock it down.

That's all I got to say.

Yep, bolt it down man, there's a storm brewin'.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
One would imagine that the primary purpose of the US Defense Forces would be to defend its border.

It's just too bad that the US Defense Forces are far outnumbered by the US Offense Forces. They're fighting on different continents to make a select group of people very rich.

The whole Military Industrial Complex is a con-job - yet people willingly buy into it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Bingo! i wondered why they closed it off and I'm sure you're 100% on the money. They needed a problem to bring in the solution (pilotless drones)
How do you fight this type of cunning?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by name pending

You know what it's laughable, if Obama deploys soldiers these same people would be screaming to the top of their lungs that army is deployed against US citizens. They will say Obama turned USA into police state and blah blah.

No, I think they'd be cheering obama for finally doing something right for once. But part of the reason is obama's still probably ticked at Arizona for passing there illegal alien bill.

That P O S Obama has not kept his promise to send some one to Arizona to meet with our Governor. Is Obama pissed, YUP! Like a little spoiled Kenya Brat.
If Obama kept his promise and did send troops to the boarder, it would have been the first manly things he's done sense being toilet trained to stand instead of setting when he pee'd.

I think the only crying you'll hear coming out of Arizona in 2011 is Jan Brewer for President 2012.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf4446719b23.jpg[/atsimg]
She knows what the people want and if the hard decision needs to be made, I believe she'll make it.
I think that I would rather have Jan Brewer answering that phone call at 0300 in the morning. What we have now wouldn't have an answer until 4 months later. Obama reply DUH?
I know the women and men of the Arizona National Guard, They have Heart and a Love for our state. They would if released to do the job, take care of this problem and humanly too. But the drug runners, dig your own holes, your dead.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Antoniastar

I doubt he was an american but according to the official story

When the helicopters were about 4 kilometers away, fifty of the killers fled into the brush. They left behind over 200 rifles, amongst them r-15 and ak-47, 60 granades cellphones and 12 stolen vehicles...

...One man to obese to run hid with gun in hand under some bushes, about 500 meters from the camp. When the soldiers spotted him he tried shooting but a hail of bullets stopped him. He was the only casualty in the area.

Translated from here:

Ejército revienta “narco-campamento” en Nuevo León

If he was an american he was not one of the good guys.

Hi daskakik,

Thank you for your post. The story makes a lot more sense. It's good to know that armed soldiers are doing there job over there in Mexico.

American or not, you can't expect to shoot at people and not get hurt. The fat guy must have lost his mind. Maybe he wanted to die rather than be detained for possession of firearms. Gangsters are a different breed though.

Toni

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheChemist187

Just because the 9/11 story has the men coming into the country other ways doesn't mean that anyone else that does want to do us harm won't use the Mexican border in the future. Actually, if someone was smart enough, they would plan on using that border for future attacks since it's so weakly guarded. Just because you don't hear of terrorists continually crossing that border doesn't mean that no one would ever think of crossing there.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
One thing still ponders me. If you were the president of the United States. Why would you tell your enemies your area of most vulnerability? This is just asking for an attack.

STUPID!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona on the Mexican border have been closed off to U.S. citizens because it cannot be defended, according to Fox News.

Turn this land into military training areas.
bombing ranges
gunnery ranges
artillery ranges

Put very large warning signs (in a number of languages )on the Mexican border warning of the chance of around the clock weapons fire. and the great danger of entering this land.

Once the weapons fire has started once a week go out and check for the bodies of these that did not believe.

If the Mexican government complains tell them that the area was posted and its only the fault of the illegal that entered that they were killed.

This way a 5 man 155 self propelled crew could guard a 25 to 30 mile section of the border by firing a random round somewhere along a line in this range every 20 minutes.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Guys look I found an article by Fox news that states...

"Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, ranking Republican on the House Parks and Public Lands Subcommittee, said the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge in southern Arizona -- part of which was closed in 2006 because it was considered too dangerous for Americans to visit -- is just the tip of the iceberg."

Too dangerous? Watch out for wildlife.
Didn't see that coming. 2006? Damn guess I've been working myself to death too much lately. Apparently pullin' head outta sand takes serious muscle. Okay so wow, in 2008...

The Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge...sounds like a peaceful place to me. Now that's most likely a government-owned refuge. Protecting wildlife is a big job (but someone's gotta do it).

"Federal environmental laws are handcuffing U.S. Border Patrol agents to a foot-and-horseback strategy as they try to battle Mexican drug cartels and illegal immigrants who are turning wide swaths of America's border with Mexico into a virtual no-man's land."

WIDE? Shouldn't it read long? Wide, what's up that?? Uh.

www.foxnews.com...

The environment is very important. Horses are good. Why didn't I think of that? Drones could pollute the environment. Maybe that's why the Feds won't allow them to help guard the Mexican/American border. Horses don't pollute the environment. Especially if they keep 'em movin' and don't park them in one place for too long. Of course it depends on what they're feedin' 'em.

Great for border patrol. Plus the horses get to do their part for America.

Toni

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona on the Mexican border have been closed off to U.S. citizens because it cannot be defended, according to Fox News.

Turn this land into military training areas.
bombing ranges
gunnery ranges
artillery ranges

Put very large warning signs (in a number of languages )on the Mexican border warning of the chance of around the clock weapons fire. and the great danger of entering this land.

Once the weapons fire has started once a week go out and check for the bodies of these that did not believe.

If the Mexican government complains tell them that the area was posted and its only the fault of the illegal that entered that they were killed.

This way a 5 man 155 self propelled crew could guard a 25 to 30 mile section of the border by firing a random round somewhere along a line in this range every 20 minutes.

Hi Anned,

LOL Now that's eco-friendly thinking there. Kill two birds with one stone kind of thing. Training camp/border patrol. The "random" part is the key I think. No one would be the wiser.

Toni

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

This is total BS on part of the American Government, Total BS!

Come on you guys have to wake up NOW!

Let me explain whats going on here. The US government is black mailing Arizona over its New Anti Immigration bill. The USA Government is telling Arizona that if they don't let Illegals in they will not defend that part of land.

Hell even I'll tell you it's wrong not to defend your border and also publicly tell the world that Arizona will not be defended by the Government.

There is one way to protect the Arizona Border tho, from both Cartel violence and illegal immigration if your government chooses to stoop to such low levels.

The American people of Arizona need to side with the Cartels. Offer them a blind eye in exchange for protecting your border from illegal immigration and keeping their war strictly to themselves do this publicly and you will see how fast your federal government gets it's troops to that border and starts protecting it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
To me, this is starting to sound like certain forces within the government (CIA) need this corridor open for their drugs to get through and ultimately wind up on the streets of America.

Think about it for a minute... Environmental concerns don't trump national security, not even the fake national security that we get today. In fact, nothing trumps national security. For instance, we use depleted uranium or DU as that not only hurts the environment, but also human beings. Also, if you remember the contravercial sonar that the Navy was using that wound up hurting the ocean wildlife. Apparently, the Navy was allowed to use this sonar anyway, as it was a national security issue, according to a SCOTUS ruling.

In filing their brief, the groups cited Navy documents which estimated that such testing would kill some 170,000 marine mammals and cause permanent injury to more than 500 whales, not to mention temporary deafness for at least 8,000 others. Coalition lawyers argued that the Navy’s testing was in violation of the National Environmental Policy Act, the Marine Mammal Protection Act and the Endangered Species Act.

Two lower courts upheld NRDC’s claims, but the Supreme Court ruled that the Navy should be allowed to continue the use of some mid-frequency sonar testing for the sake of national security.
Source: www.scientificamerican.com...

It is more clear than ever that this section of our border isn't cut-off from patrols due to the wildlife, rather the wildlife is used as a cover. Why would they need a large section of the border free from agents?
Well, to run the narcotics of course. We all know that the CIA is behind the illicit narcotics market.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TCHOP561
One thing still ponders me. If you were the president of the United States. Why would you tell your enemies your area of most vulnerability? This is just asking for an attack.

STUPID!

It's not stupidity I assure you.

Americans need to stop believing their government is incompetent and stupid, because it's not.

It's well thought out oiled machine that trying to seriously destroy your country piece by piece.

You Americans need to start thinking, you need to start thinking outside the box your in.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The National Guard cannot arrest, cannot shoot, cannot detain ...... basically.. they cannot do a damn thing. Obama sending troops to the border is a smack in the face unless he gives them the power to act like Border Patrol.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TCHOP561

STUPID!

Hi TCHOP561,

I agree, it's bad strat to inform armed-to-the-teeth gangsters where our venerabilities lay. All they have to do is listen for the whinney or stand up-wind.

I know huh.. shoot why don't we send monogrammed RSVP invites, that way we have a better idea how many boards to nail across our doors and windows. Lumber is not cheap these days. Jeesh.

Toni

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The CIA is trying to create a bottle neck for the drugs. they are doing this publicly knowing that 1.) Arizona will back off it's illegal immigration bill 2.) there will be extra violence at the new Arizona drug trafficking bottleneck that the different cartels will be fighting over.

But I the American people want their border protected and the government does not want to do it. You have your picking of which cartel you want to do it for you.

If you do this publicly I guarantee you the USA government will either start protecting it or it will get it's patsy puppet Calderon to send it's Mexican troops to do it from the Mexican side.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join