It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

www.newsmax.com

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona on the Mexican border have been closed off to U.S. citizens because it cannot be defended, according to Fox News.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service told Fox News that the reason is due to the increased violence in the area.

“It’s literally out of control,” Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu told Fox News. “We stood with Senator McCain and literally demanded support for 3,000 soldiers to be deployed to Arizona to get this under control and finally sec...
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

“We need support from the federal government. It’s their job to secure the border and they haven’t done it,” said Babeu. “In fact, President Obama suspended the construction of the fence and it’s just simply outrageous.”

This is incredible! We seem to have the ability to "police" the world, yet we don't have the ability to protect our own border. I doubt that we don't have the ability so much as we don't want to stop the illegals from entering our country to benefit corporate interests. This is a sham.

What really gets me, is that the government uses fear as a tactic to suppress our liberties, suggesting that at any moment we can be attacked. We have all of these anti-liberty measures going through on the basis that we are at war with terrorism, yet we fail to protect our own borders? What's more dangerous, having an open an unprotected border for anyone to stroll in with whatever items they want, or carrying a shampoo bottle or bottled water on board an aircraft?

I can't believe that the American people are so blind to what's going on. What happened to us?

--airspoon

Edited to add: I started a related thread about Obama redirecting ICE away from immigration enforcement to include illegal alien deportation, to focus more on criminal investigations. The thread is titled, "Obama Refocuses ICE from Illegals" and can be found here.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by airspoon]

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Thu Jun 17 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's absolutely disgusting sitting here in New Zealand watching your country dismantled from the inside out. This oil spill will only help the swarm of illegals by playing the public with fears of poison gasses in Arizona and other areas, also giving the govt another excuse to ignore, bait and switch and dance around the issue like typical politrickians...

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You know what it's laughable, if Obama deploys soldiers these same people would be screaming to the top of their lungs that army is deployed against US citizens. They will say Obama turned USA into police state and blah blah.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this airspoon, star and flag for you.

Perhaps with more stories of this nature finally seeing the light of day in the MSM, people will start to understand the action my home state of Arizona is taking to control the violence we face every day with illegal immigration.

What we are doing may be too little, too late, but at least we are trying - all we ask is for a little support from the rest of you, and not a list of boycotts.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Retseh]

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by name pending

Well, if they deploy soldiers, it would be in defense of our nation, exactly what our military is for. It would be used for the purpose of defending our country, for once. If your military is not used to defend your country from foreign invasion, then what is the use? Maybe as the strong arm of corporate interests? I realize that this is what it is, but that doesn't mean that it should be or that it was supposed to be.

--airspoon

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is TREASONOUS to concede any US land to invaders!

I guarantee their are many, many, many militia groups, military commanders, police forces, and localities that would love to defend this land!

Give them a little of that $1Trillion bailout money and deputize them!

The government conceding any part of US land is basically telling foreign invaders that we are extremely vulnerable or that we just don't care!

If pregnant Mexican women can get across, and Drug Dealers can do business, and the government can't stop it, then why couldn't North Korea, or a terrorist, or Iranian spies get across?

The country is no longer sovereign, whether by negligence, or by design, we have been breached and we are now at war from without and from within!

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This just goes to show you that the war on drugs is a joke.
and that the country isn't serious about national security.

If I was the governer. I'd issue a state of emergency, recall all national guard troops back home and then send them to the border.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well they can easily do something about the boarder, but choose not too since it depopulates and creates drug money.

They will not stop it. As if invaded by a foreign foe, the U.S. corporate Fascist government wont stop this.

It will run rampant because they see no need to do anything about it.

And actually it was a $3 Trillion bailout.

Edited to add: As if invaded by a foreign foe, Trading with the Enemy Act, and the Patriot Act. Get reading!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Supposedly secret letters went out to all the Governors that are supporting "State Defense Forces." Not only are they refusing to protect our country, they are threatening the Governors if they protect their own states?!?!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the Missouri SDF:
www.missourimilitia.com...

They serve voluntarily on the orders of the Governor, or autonomously in absence of any orders. They are trained, organized, patriotic, and they are entirely necessary since the majority of our National Guard is not at home!

Edit to add disclaimer:
I just went back to that other thread and found out the original source was Sorcha Faal! Hopefully there is no truth in the idea that the Governors of states with SDF are being targeted. Still good info on all the active SDFs though!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have a hard time understanding why this is occurring, however at this point the State of AZ has every right to protect it's borders and if the feds can't (more likely they won't) then AZ should hire a private contractor like BlackWater...I'm sure the contract cost for Blackwater would be cheaper than building a "Wall" and a far more effective deterrent.

I don't support Blackwater...but I do support the right of American Citizens to protect their borders by any mean necessary against threats like this.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is pure political bs.

How about give the citizens there the power to defend it, or citizens in general, i'm sure there would be enough volunteers to go take care of this problem in short order.

If we allow this to go on whats next?

We are literally being invaded on our own land, and the govt is doing nothing..

[edit on 17-6-2010 by severdsoul]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

How about give the citizens there the power to defend it, or citizens in general, i'm sure there would be enough volunteers to go take care of this problem in short order.

Citizens always have this right! The problem is that the criminals are organized, well armed, well funded, and they don't worry about potential consequences of their actions.

One citizen is not going to be able to defend themselves against a heavily armed drug gang. Multiple citizens constitute a vigilante party and they would have to face charges from their own government? The same government that is refusing to go after the armed gangs? So, if you are a violent invader we won't touch you, but if you and a few neighbors try to defend your neighborhood you will have to face charges?

I wonder if there are patrols arresting US citizens for trying to go into this unsafe area? I wonder if their resources are being used against "us" instead of "them?"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, perhaps the time is upon us for men of valor and of honor to lay down the plow, pick up the sword, and - regardless of *funding* - resume once again their constitutional reason for discipline and order..... that is, ..."to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and Repel Invasions"; — U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 8, Cl. 16.

I.E., the well regulated militias. If the federal government Wont, and the state government Cant; do the People really have any other option?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by severdsoul

Citizens always have this right! The problem is that the criminals are organized, well armed, well funded, and they don't worry about potential consequences of their actions.

One citizen is not going to be able to defend themselves against a heavily armed drug gang. Multiple citizens constitute a vigilante party and they would have to face charges from their own government? The same government that is refusing to go after the armed gangs? So, if you are a violent invader we won't touch you, but if you and a few neighbors try to defend your neighborhood you will have to face charges?

I wonder if there are patrols arresting US citizens for trying to go into this unsafe area? I wonder if their resources are being used against "us" instead of "them?"

You are correct about citizens being arrested by the Feds for for protecting their own borders...it's already happened.

However, I don't think the Feds could stop AZ if the State hired a contractor like a Blackwater to work as the States duly appointed representative to stop this none sense.....I believe a state has the right to do that, and it may be ultimately what AZ needs to do!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I can't speak for my state, but as for myself, I am behind you 100%. If the federal govt will not step up and defend it's people and it's borders, it is time for the people themselves to take charge.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If I were governor her in AZ, I would offer the unemployed, ~600,000, jobs along the border serving as active militia with the pay of a private. not much pay but then again work and then lets see if that wouldn't shut off the Mexican superhighway.

Then submit a bill to congress for all expenses involved from training to housing and management.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Failure to secure this section of Arizona is grounds for impeachment of the President.

He is willfully refusing to uphold his Constitutionally required duties.

High crimes and misdemeanors at the least, absolute treason at the worst.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Arizona nor New Mexico has a State Defense Force.

I think Awakentired is exactly right! People need jobs, and here is a job that needs to be done, put them together and everybody wins!!

The more I read about these State Defense Forces, the more excited I get. Florida does not have one either, but we need to get one. I will go to work on that immediately! Missouris seems very well organized and professional.

I am a long way from Arizona, but if this happened within a few hundred miles of me, I would be making a huge ruckus about this. People of Arizona should be in the streets, they should be calling, writing, protesting, and boycotting. They should refuse to pay a dime in Federal Tax until they get what they are paying for!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Link to original Fox News Story.

So, the area is "is closed to U.S. citizens" but they can't secure it from criminals?

It is 80 miles long. 80 miles? They are calling for 3000 troops, but I think 200 troops stationed at mile long intervals, a couple of Drones, and basic helicopter and law enforcement support could easily secure 80 miles of flat land?

Can someone post a Google Map of this area? I'm at work and I can't get to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join