It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Housing Gun Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I noticed a sign on one of the new military housing projects in my town. It said weapons were banned there. I was amazed that here in Texas, a gun loving state, that the world's most powerful army cannot defend their home with a gun. Our soldiers have killed more people than Hitler's stormtroopers, just in the last decade, and they can't have a gun at home. The most educated and well equipped fighting force ever assembled on earth is prevented from having even a paintball or airsoft gun at home. It is absurd. One day a soldier can kill hundreds of children and the next he can be violated in his own home by criminals because the federal goverment thinks he is not responsible enough to have a gun at home. Am I astounded, is anybody else?
militarytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They wouldnt want anyone to stop the next Hasan.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Last year the military base commander tried to do this and within days he changed his mind and apologized. I expect the same will soon happen there. NRA just needs to get wind of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is nothing new... 10 years ago when I was in the US Army, you were not allowed to keep guns at your on base housing. They were required to be kept the armory.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
nothing strange there ... i thought it was US military policy that if you werent an MP you didnt carry a firearm on base

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was ignorant of this regulation. It seems to be so contradictory to the morals of our armed forces. I think it puts more soldiers in harm's way. It reminds me of soldiers being diciplined in Vietnam for putting profanity on bombs destined to kill children. Who want to join up and be cannon fodder? I guess poverty will force enlistment.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I was ignorant of this regulation. It seems to be so contradictory to the morals of our armed forces. I think it puts more soldiers in harm's way. It reminds me of soldiers being diciplined in Vietnam for putting profanity on bombs destined to kill children. Who want to join up and be cannon fodder? I guess poverty will force enlistment.

Way to attempt to divert the topic at hand...

You should thank the "cannon fodder", as you so intelligently put it, for helping to make it possible for you to call us "cannon fodder".

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I lived on numerous bases. I know you were allowed to keep guns in base housing on every base I was at. Obviously, its a Base Commander call and not military wide

[edit on June 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I lived on numerous bases. I know you were allowed to keep guns in base housing on every base I was at. Obviously, its a Base Commander call and not military wide

That is a possibility...
I never bothered to look into it as I am not a gun owner.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well,it is a good idea.

I am not sure if it is a military wide policy or specific branch or local commander policy but it is a policy where I am.

Does anyone here have any idea how many spouses have been murdered by military members in the last 20 years?

Hundreds if not thousands.

There were 18,000 cases of domestic violence in the military in 1991 alone.

The same number in 2002.

It would probably be more if guns were allowed in base housing.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

Too much legislation written and too much liberty lost because of "probably."

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,it is a good idea.

I am not sure if it is a military wide policy or specific branch or local commander policy but it is a policy where I am.

Does anyone here have any idea how many spouses have been murdered by military members in the last 20 years?

Hundreds if not thousands.

There were 18,000 cases of domestic violence in the military in 1991 alone.

The same number in 2002.

Can you please provide links to back up those statistics. Including how many of the domestic violence cases involved guns.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stupe

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

That is a possibility...
I never bothered to look into it as I am not a gun owner.

I know you have to have them registered - and you can not have them in billeting or dorms.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stupe

No disrespect intended. It just concerns me that our liberties are being taken away and our motives for war are no longer evident. It seems like a slap in the face to those who want to protect our country. The more fighting that happens the less the fighters are respected. My new bumper sticker will read: SUPPORT WHAT?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I was ignorant of this regulation.

Yep, you were ignorant of the regulation, but it didn't seem to stop you from spouting BS about the Soldiers.

Killed more people than Hitlers Stormtroopers? Care to back that up with a few sources, or just flapping your gums?

It reminds me of soldiers being diciplined in Vietnam for putting profanity on bombs destined to kill children.

Yeah, because all the Vietnam Vets did just that, went over there to kill children. Just like Vets of OIF/OEF only kill civilians.

Who want to join up and be cannon fodder?

People don't join to be cannon fodder. They join for reasons you'll never understand.

And to get back on topic, I don't agree with this decision, either.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

And while you're getting those sources for Green Eyed Leo, how about comparing them to domestic violence cases in the civilian world? You know, a little of the "side by side"?

And let me fill you in on a little fact. If you get busted on a DV complaint, you aren't allowed to carry a weapon. Can't carry a weapon, you don't get to reenlist.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sorry I exaggerated the kills, Nazis killed more. They had a new world order thing they were fighting for. They were all behind it. They were informed as to why they were fighting. I wonder if they could have guns at home. I also wonder if Roman soldiers were allowed to have weapons at home or other places. It seems you can gauge a county's intent by how they treat their soldiers. I assume this law was made to stop family members from killing each other. I say arm them all and let God sort 'em out.

new topics

top topics

join