It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niger Delta becomes a cautionary tale for U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Niger Delta becomes a cautionary tale for U.S.

www.msnbc.msn.com

BODO, Nigeria - Big oil spills are no longer news in this vast, tropical land. The Niger Delta, where the wealth underground is out of all proportion with the poverty on the surface, has endured the equivalent of the Exxon Valdez spill every year for 50 years by some estimates. The oil pours out nearly every week, and some swamps are long since lifeless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I saw this article and thought it needed to be posted so that people can see what the oil companies have done the the people of Nigeria and the Niger Delta. I know that about every 5 days the oil in the gulf releases about the same oil as the Valdez spill which is horrible but I couldn't believe what I read in this article. It is so sad that people over in Nigeria have had that much oil spill into their Delta for over 50 years!! It just shows what the rich do to the poor. We need to shed light on all that is bad not just the ones that effect us. How could something like that go on for 50 years!! I pray for all of us to help put a stop to this madness. We can still make earth a place like heaven but instead we are making our earth a place of hell. I do not go to church but I do believe in a god and i'm sure he is looking down with tears and rage.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

Yup business as usual it seems..

Sad, so sad...

Well maybe people will take a lesson from this.

Keep believing the oil will eventually stop, I wish it and hope it so, but it seems so unlikely.

This article is exactly the reason why you do not depend upon anyone except yourself.

Revelation 16:3 google it, it has to do with the ocean.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So I saw this article and thought it needed to be posted so that people can see what the oil companies have done the the people of Nigeria and the Niger Delta

The oil companies, or us?

What has out insatible appetite done more like.

We are ALL to blame. Though the west, I believe, should shoulder more of the blame then most.

new topics

top topics

join