It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church ordered teen to leave reality show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Teenage Australia's Got Talent finalist Taylor Henderson has been banished from his church after pastors demanded he give up his spot on the reality show, a report claims.

This just demonstrates what small minded, controlling morons these so called "Pastors" are. Honestly, in this day and age they still carry on with this nonsense!

"He was given some options and made decisions and he's a free person," Pastor Hollins was quoted as saying.

A former member of the church told the newspaper that pop music was among several careers not considered "spiritual or ethical" enough for adherents.

"[For example] it's unlikely for a lawyer to be part of the Geelong Revival Centre ... careers for women are frowned upon, " the unnamed former member was quoted as saying.

So what if he wants to play pop music? Doesn’t he have a god-given-gift? Why not use it? This is nothing more than a frightened little man wanting to control those around him. And he fears if this boy goes on TV he may lose more of his flock because he knows they will finally see through his flimsy charade.

And before all the fundy churchies start preaching the bible to me, all I am saying is I don’t care if people follow religion (even if it is a form of brain damage lol), just don’t use it to control other people – don’t put yourself out there like your some expert – just do your own thing and stick to that.
In short, if you think teens shouldn’t play music and women don’t deserve careers than you need to either join Islam or move to a cave somewhere…

FULL STORY

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

IMHO, the show contestant just as lost as his 'pastor' because he belongs to that church (or religion in general) in the first place. He doesn't have to listen to his pastor, or care about excommunication. He doesn't even need to belong to that particular religion, or any at all. It's his own fault if he complies.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The kids fault for being part of that church.

Oh noes I've been excommunicated!!!! Like I care?

I dont get what people want. They can choose their religion or lack thereof but that isnt enough? They want to choose a religion then complain about it until it changes into something more convenient for them or suited to their lifestyle?

It is what it is. Plenty to choose from. Hell, create your own if you absolutely need one but can't find the "right" one.

I find it amazing that people still go to church or follow religious "authorities". Well, maybe that's not what I find amazing so much as that people will voluntarily go to church and follow religious "authorities" and then complain about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"He was given some options and made decisions and he's a free person," Pastor Hollins was quoted as saying.

Well said Pastor, you will never be as free.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
LOL

religion is the devil

nothing more to add

new topics

top topics

join