It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vortex of fire erupts at the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

That's right. Setting a small patch of it ablaze was enough to create a vortex of fire—a tornado of flame that makes the ships fighting the slick look like toy boats.
Nor is that the only way this spill boggles in size. New estimates peg the spill at as much as 60,000 barrels a day, though some of that is a result of BP's semi-successful effort to cut the riser pipe and attach the so-called lower marine riser package to cap the well. That method now enables a system to recapture some 15,000 barrels a day but also exacerbated the leak—and it remains unclear whether the amount caught is more than the amount of oil added to the leak by cutting the riser pipe in the first place.

What is clear is that the oil spill is having an outsized environmental (dead sea cucumbers), economic (the end of much Gulf of Mexico fishing) and even political impact. President Obama characterized the spill as a "siege," saying, "we will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long as it takes," during an address from the Oval Office on June 15. Certainly, the vortex of fire looks like an act of war.

Link to Scientific American article

Link to DEAD SEA CUCUMBERS

link to THE END OF GULF OF MEXICO FISHING

Really, I think everyone is probably feeling like I do when I read new events about the oil spill. Nothing gets done right. Nothing. Ever since the rig blew up, it´s one bad news after the other.

Anyway...

The article goes on to say how Obama says this is the opportunity for America to finally put an end to its addiction toward oil and search for clean energy alternatives. Is he just saying that, or is he for real? If he is for real, could that hurt his re-election?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Now imagine if TPTB use a nuclear bomb to "plug the leak".

Can you say burnt to a crisp.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No, he's not just "saying it". Plans are in place to establish eco villages in the future where people will lived stacked in a dense community. There will be no long rides to work. Everyone will live and work within a 2-5 mile zone (something like that...I read about it a couple of years ago). There will also be a community farm that will feed everyone within the community and everyone will spend time working on the farm and participating.

Sweet little controlled paradises.

People will be matched and placed in the enviro villages according to their similarities and interests.

Not only will this do away with needing cars and fuel...but also many people will live in one large building...rather like a dorm or institutional setting. This makes heating and cooling and electrical resources more efficient. One television shared by 30 people instead of 30 televisions consuming resources. A large common dining room where meals are prepared in an efficient manner. Just think...you may only have to do KP twice a week when you share the job with others...instead of having to cook 3 meals a day for your family! This will also be a more efficient use of your time and free you for other pursuits!

This will be the new world of change.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In the SA article it mentions that there's 60,000 barrels a day spewing out of the well.
It's been spewing like that for over fifty days from 25+ thousand feet below sea level...

Even then the article goes on to talk about our addiction to fossil fuels.

That'd have to be a lot of damn fossils, a long ways down. They're not acknowledging that the crude that's coming out is abiotic. It's created down there. It won't just run out if we 'use too much of it.'
Shouldn't really expect the whole truth from these sources.

I don't mean to take this off topic at all, just something others should think about while reading the articles...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah, dude. Everytime I see that being mentioned, I shiver. It´s too hollywoodian an alternative. If we´re gonna do it, at least put Bruce Willys in charge of the mission, so we know it will be alright at the end.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

They wouldn't use a nuclear device now on the surface of the water would they? For fire to burn you need lots of air.. which is why things usually don't burn that well in the water 0.o aka.

If they used a nuclear device it would be drilled into seabed before it was exploded.

This in no way would make toxic radiation in the air or ignite the oil in the water as some seem to think.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It seems to be a wild exaggeration to call the fire in the video a "Vortex of Fire"
It would be nice if a real Dresden style vortex could be created. It would tend to
pull the oil toward the fire. Also it would tend to more completely burn the oil, reducing
the amount of black soot formed.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
No, he's not just "saying it". Plans are in place to establish eco villages in the future where people will lived stacked in a dense community. There will be no long rides to work. Everyone will live and work within a 2-5 mile zone (something like that...I read about it a couple of years ago). There will also be a community farm that will feed everyone within the community and everyone will spend time working on the farm and participating.

People will be matched and placed in the enviro villages according to their similarities and interests.

Well, I am not pro or agaisnt Obama, but I really have my doubts when I see politicians promising stuff. If those eco villages end up being created, cool beans and cudos to Obama. Good for him and good for us. But till then, I will take that as something he put in a speech to sweeten the ears of the public.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Oil spill is now well over 80 thousand barrels a day as per numbers given, we all know that those 80 thousand could very well be over 100 thousand or more.

Nothing but lies.

And yes, the next step in BP solutions is to burn baby burn.

I posted an article yesterday on the next step.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
It seems to be a wild exaggeration to call the fire in the video a "Vortex of Fire"

There's a small (relative to the rest of the flames) vortex at the left side of the blaze. It's definitely a vortex, the video just isn't focused right in on it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

Originally posted by Alethea

Well, I am not pro or agaisnt Obama, but I really have my doubts when I see politicians promising stuff. If those eco villages end up being created, cool beans and cudos to Obama. Good for him and good for us. But till then, I will take that as something he put in a speech to sweeten the ears of the public.

I read about this before Obama was even elected. It did not come from him or his speeches. There is another organized entity at play here. Did I mention attendance will be required in a Sunday assembly?

new topics

top topics

join