It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Hubble Telescope estimates that there are HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of GALAXIES in the Universe. Do the math.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I am convinced we are not alone.

It is my belief that they've been here long before we arrived on the scene and quite possibly are directly responsible for our arrival.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hornum

TPTB have had science and technology far beyond the mainstream knowledge for a very long time. They are capable of traveling around in craft at high speed here on earth and in outerspace. They are capable of medical science that you would find hard to believe. They have installations on our moon. they have genetically engineered humanoids and this is the crux of my thread.

So you have substituted "TPTB" for "aliens" in your mind. Exactly as you predicted:

Humans tend to easily believe in the most fanciful things because it takes them away from so called normality, it's in our nature whether it be natural or not.

Now I'm sure I will get the usual questions like "Wheres your proof" and the fact is I can't give you any, but you can't give me any either.

Ok so both sides don't have the smoking gun, well guess what?

TPTB requires a belief in that ordinary humans discovered advanced science hundreds of years ago. That's right, ordinary humans. Somehow you want to believe that regular human beings have found physical laws that have evaded the brightest of our kind like: Newton, Einstein, Planck, Heisenberg, Witten, Maxwell, Bohr, Pauling, Born, Dirac and all the other amazing minds that have contributed to our understanding of anything.

Furthermore even after all the evidence (from the privaite sector to the gov't side to your own personal life)- that humans are very fallible and indeed make mistakes all the time, you want to believe that a few of us just figured everything out and have kept everything a "secret" for hundreds of years!

Even during a modern era when more private folks have more wealth, education, opportunity than ever in history-- yet no one (any gov't or private company) else is able to replicate this technology you claim the TPTB have a VERY long time ago AND kept everything secret.

Even though the chronological development of our technology lines up with how things were invented in the last few hundred years, you rather believe that it was all "staged" by a few human beings who have the "real knowledge."

Honestly man, what is so hard to believe about aliens to you? Have you looked at the night sky and seen how many stars are up there? Have you not read a book that says our brightest minds and most accurate measurements have estimated the universe is billions of years old? That there is PLENTY of time for aliens to have reached intelligence before man even discovered the club.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Look how far we've come in 200 years, The Mayans were around for what? 1,500 years? Who is to say they didn't figure out how to go to the moon? An advanced civilization Thousands or Even millions of years ahead of us would have no problem warping through space. We are just babies after all.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

yeah both parents said they beleived i saw something but i remember being unsatisfied!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If there's just us, it's an awful waste of space

-Carl Sagan-

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
Look how far we've come in 200 years, The Mayans were around for what? 1,500 years? Who is to say they didn't figure out how to go to the moon? An advanced civilization Thousands or Even millions of years ahead of us would have no problem warping through space. We are just babies after all.

closer to some truth than many would care to accept. lol
well said.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Haha! I like that, makes me feel like were living in a very big hard drive. I'll call it the U-Drive

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ive always liked this little tidbit.
I dont know if this object has been debunked or not, but from what Ive heard about it so far, it has a fairly strange composition.

This strange metallic specimen was found by bob white in I believe 1985?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2beee7222c0c.jpg[/atsimg]

he claims to saw a UFO and that this object "broke" off of it.

The chemical analysis-
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffc2435997f7.jpg[/atsimg]

The 2005 History Channel program “UFO Hunters” opened with a recreation of Bob’s encounter and a focus on the Army documents and Bob’s visit inside the Los Alamos National Laboratory. This was the first time the documents and video inside Los Alamos was aired on national television. Tests performed in 2007 showed Bob’s object emitted low level gamma rays and neutrons.

Cosgrove-Meurer Inc., producers of the popular 1990s television show “Unsolved Mysteries”, flew Bob to the Los Alamos National Laboratory in late 1996 for more testing of Bob’s object. This analysis is controversial because Bob claimed that one of the scientists told Bob his UFO object was extraterrestrial and that Los Alamos kept a piece of his object. Differences in the Los Alamos and New Mexico Tech analyses prompted additional scientific testing in the late 1990s.

Bob’s UFO object and found that the object exposed dental x-ray film and was emitting an electro-magnetic field.

The most recent information on the artifact comes just recently as mentioned earlier. Two independent labs stated that the chemical composition of this artifact “shouldn't exist” and shows complex isotopes and nano chemical structure, that even now (and especially in 1985) don’t exist.

I always liked this little story. From what Ive heard, its supposed to be the best physical evidence we have of an extremely high technology.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Documentary "Capturing the Light" is being Uploaded by me at the moment.
I made a FLV-File of the original avi-file so its not that big anymore.
To view use VLC or FLV-Player or you need a FLV-Plugin for Windows mediaplayer.

Get the Documentary "Capturing the Ligh" down here!
Filesize 122MB...,enjoy!

Video-Link

[edit on 17-6-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

Ive always liked this little tidbit.
I dont know if this object has been debunked or not, but from what Ive heard about it so far, it has a fairly strange composition.

This strange metallic specimen was found by bob white in I believe 1985?
I always liked this little story. From what Ive heard, its supposed to be the best physical evidence we have of an extremely high technology.

I don't believe it has been... Bob is no longer with us, and I'm also curious.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In case anyone wants a synopsis of Dorothy Izatt, here is an episode of Unsolved Mysteries that goes over her story.

I find this threads side story about her infinitely more interesting than the OP. Thats just

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know whether aliens exist or not. Nobody can prove a negative.

For those people who think they absolutely have to exist because of the size of the universe, all I can say is that until we know how life happened to be here on Earth, there's no way to tell how easy or difficult it is for life to happen elsewhere. We might just be an incredible fluke. There are unique things in the universe, after all. If that's true, we're in an even lonelier situation than we think.

The only thing anyone can say with any confidence is that as of today, we really do not have any incontrovertible evidence that there is life anywhere but on Earth. We have some evidence, but it has yet to conclusively and unanimously add up to life. Maybe tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornum

Now I'm sure I will get the usual questions like "Wheres your proof" and the fact is I can't give you any, but you can't give me any either.
[edit on 17-6-2010 by hornum]

if that is your stance, then I respect that...

what I don't respect is the title of this thread.

you have no proof.
I have no proof.

shouldn't the title be "Aliens MIGHT Not Exist!"???

edit: cut down the quote

[edit on 17-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Unless you just decide to ignore science, at the least Mathematics can proof it already:

Link 1

Never heard about the Drake equation?

N = R* x p x n x l x i x c x L

The Drake equation

Other possible stuff that dont proof per se, but cant be ignored either:

Top 10: Controversial pieces of evidence for extraterrestrial life

Alien Life Does Exist: Now There’s Proof

And so on, and so on...

Now, if you are looking for a fotograph of a green guy, with 6 eyes, etc, my advice is to seek some hollywood works!

But, IMHO, and i am terrible sorry for saying this, if you just came here on ATS, stating that is not ET life anywhere, with out a single proof, you are just seeking atention and nothing more

Cheers

[edit on 17/6/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The Alien/UFO topic has been a biggy for many years now and I must admit it has intrigued me no end until recently.

TPTB have had science and technology far beyond the mainstream knowledge for a very long time. They are capable of traveling around in craft at high speed here on earth and in outerspace. They are capable of medical science that you would find hard to believe. They have installations on our moon. they have genetically engineered humanoids and this is the crux of my thread.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by hornum]

I didn't realize you were privy to all this information from TPTB! Did they give you a free pass or something?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To put it simply, people who believe in Aliens are wrong and are being decieved by TPTB. Now you might say "I've seen one" or "I was abducted" and that is fair enough but where is the proof? or more to the point where is the proof they are aliens?

So JERK - I've seen the black sky from an alien ship more than once and NOT by choice, and you want to tell me, in your infinite wisdom that it was "the powers that be" and NOT some tall pink and a few grey aliens!!?

I rarely talk about this because it brings a lot of problems but how DARE YOU tell me you know my life experience better than I do... FAIL!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
How can there not be other life in space? Thinking that is just plain ignorance.

Out of the millions of galaxies and the billions of stars in them, there has to be life out there.

Of course there is. If Michio Kaku says so then I believe it. Well I would believe

it no matter who said what. We are not alone!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

Originally posted by Sozen94
How can there not be other life in space? Thinking that is just plain ignorance.
Out of the millions of galaxies and the billions of stars in them, there has to be life out there.

Of course there is. If Michio Kaku says so then I believe it. Well I would believe. it no matter who said what. We are not alone!

Okay, let's go through this again. Just because the universe is big is no guarantee that there is other life there. Size is not a critical variable. If there was a marble in your pocket, and you don't know how it got there, how big would your pocket have to be for another marble to magically appear in it? As big as a house? A galaxy? Where does the second marble come from? Does it "just happen?" Explain that to me.

And the Drake Equation is fine, but:

1) It doesn't prove anything, mostly because there is still a chance for one or more of the variables to be zero, and if one of them is zero, then the whole equation adds up to zero.

2) It doesn't necessarily include all the necessary variables. There may be factors out there we have no idea about that could have a huge effect on whether or not there is life.

There may be aliens out there. I don't know. But as of today, we have absolutely NO solid, undeniable proof of such a thing. And this is something that can't be answered with percentages. No "could bes" or "maybes." It's a yes or no question. They either exist, or they don't.

But we might be either lucky or unlucky enough (depending on your viewpoint) to be the only game in town.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wonder what TPTB called themselves 3,000 years ago when the ancient Indian and Sumerian texts were written about UFOs/star visitors/aliens?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thank god am not the only sceptic on here. We do differ in that I do believe in aliens but not in the same way as some of the more imaginative members of ATS. Physics teaches us that it is a statistical certainty that there must be life in space, so for that reason my logical mind has to believe that intelligent life does exist somewhere else in the cosmos. How knows maybe they have even sent a satellite past our little blue planet and someone has seen it, it’s a genuine UFO.

However all these videos of fuzzy blobs on a screen, outrageous stories of alien abductions and impending alien invasions of earth always make me think of the paranoid schizophrenic who lives down the road smoking dope. If there really were any little green men paying us a visit (every day it would seem according to the volume of stories on ATS) I think we would know by now and it would be common knowledge.

I do no doubt that sane people see things that they truly think are UFO’s but have much more plausible explanations. For example I once thought that I had seen a whole group of UFO’s over my house they were there every night for 3 nights, turned out it was a local football stadium a few miles away testing there new lighting system. Also I think that allot of UFO’s are military testing, such as AURORA, similar to the early testing’s and flights of the F-117 Nighthawk.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join